Lake Compounce

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Fernando Eiroa

Great place to earn beginner experience

Foods (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly staff, moderate working conditions, variety of positions- keeps employees from getting bored of mundane tasks, always something different going on from shows to costume characters to the variety of customers

Conspay is only minimum, even for returning workers or those with experience or degrees, senior workers treated differently than newer workers, benefits are only park perks not actual benefits like health, can only pick one job instead of rotating between a few per week or day in order to break up monotony.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to disabled workers needs- they can still do the job you want but need a little something like a chair to lean on. Also consider fixing cons.

Friendly staff made unpleasant guests bearable

Retail Team Member (Former Employee)
    Bristol, CT

ProsThe other employees are all really nice and willing to help and answer questions. All the team leaders and managers are really really nice, they've been where you are before so they can understand any problems you're having. The park parties were a lot of fun too and a great to bond with the other employees in your area!

ConsYou have to see how some of the food is prepared. Also some of the guests don't really understand what no means and can get really upset about no returns or how expensive things can be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some phones or a way for the food carts to communicate with their leaders so that when they need you they don't have to flag down someone with a walkie talkie.

Very good place to work. Wonderful management, very fulfilling job.

Assistant Coach of Admissions (Former Employee)
    Bristol, CT

ProsWork with people, work in a team, work with great people.

ConsPossible long hours, possiblilty of being yelled at by angry guest, but its just part of the job!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

awesome

Prosawesome place for a summer job, great people, great experience.

Conssummer= hot days baking in the sun :(

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Enthusiastic Leadership

Security (Former Employee)
    Bristol, CT

ProsEnthusiastic Leaders and very good training for optimum service

ConsStrict dress code and conduct rules

Alright place for young teenagers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Bristol, CT

ProsMostly easy to do work. Learn customer service and money handling if you're in foods and carts or games. Summer job.

ConsVery demeaning management, tend to have less of an idea of what to do in each section than those working there every day. Always in fear of being reprimanded, even if not doing anything wrong. Hours have been cut back drastically in the past few years, even enforcing a 45 minute long break. People have been written up for taking 30 minute breaks or arriving a few minutes early to work. Upward movement is not rewarding at all, just take even more work and more flak from the management for overtime you'll be yelled at for and .25 raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone has worked thus far, so I don't know what else to say.

Awesome experience!

ProsGreat experience and exposure to the job market. Helps to build a great looking résumé for a future career. The management is very flexible and will work with just about anyone who puts hard work in....

Also, You make lots of friends and connections during the season.

ConsMinimum wage, weather fluctuates and you are exposed at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd another coaster!!!

LOVE ITT <3

Instructor (Current Employee)
    Bristol, CT

Prosamazing co-workers, discounts, work experience, summer job for college students

Consguests, people who don't listen

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing Love you <3 :)

Great Perks for High School Aged Kids

Retail Team Member (Former Employee)
    Bristol, CT

ProsFree admission to the park, usually paired with someone while in store, fun place to work, reasonable pay, discounts on food and rides throughout the park (the skycoaster).

ConsThere wasn't much support when it came to handling overly difficult customers. I had one man scream at me, using profanities, in my face and was unsure how to handle the situation because I didn't know how aggressive he was going to become, so I called the office and they sent the security guard to come help me. Instead of telling the man he needed to leave, they asked how they can help him and apologized for any inconvenience we may have caused him (the whole debacle was over a malfunctioning cash case/protector in the Beach Shoppe). I understand the reasoning, but he was pretty scary and I think management needs to draw a line between good customer service and the safety of their guests & employees.

Good Summer Job

Ride Operator (Current Employee)

ProsWork with People, Good Staff, Fun Environment

ConsManagers play favorites, high stress, pay isn't great, variable hours

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites with employees when choosing for more upper leadership positions. Ensure that you try to lower stressors any way possible.

Worked for Lake Compounce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lake Compounce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lake Compounce CEO Fernando Eiroa. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Lake Compounce employees.