Lake Hospital System

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cynthia Moore-Hardy

Good over all, challenging with all the changes in healthcare lately.

ProsFriendly work environment. Able to move to different positions & locations. Great being able to work in the community I reside which means zero commute time plus able to care for / deal with neighbors and friends.

ConsNot all employees buy into the fact that they actually need to work, work hard and do quality work. Lots of grumbling & complaining about expectations, essentially Lake is trying to move ahead but some staff don't like this & prefer to not actually work while they are there this kinda drags everyone else down.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many first line managers play favorites & don't apply the rules across the board but swear they treat everyone the same. They treat those under them not so great and spend their time trying to look good to those above them. Ask us how things really are. Also cut with the consultants lots of times you could have asked us & gotten same ideas - we really do know what is going on & have lots of ideas.

Started out as a terrific employment but this changed after new hospital was built.

Phlebotomist, MLT, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Madison, OH

ProsIf you have a decent boss, you are great. Many long term employees, who are now unhappy with Lake.

ConsManagement-Upper management- is the main problem. They are so worried about money. They get rid of long-term employees to reduce the higher wages and higher PTO rate that these employees have earned.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do what they are trained to do. Keep the fact in mind that the patient in front of that employee is the reason that YOU have a job.

Patient and Doc's enjoyable, salary and freezes not so good

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Willoughby, OH

ProsDoc's and Pt's a really treat. Clean office with good supplies. Friendly faces and kind people. Did not mind going to work for those reasons.

ConsFinancially not a good place to work. To many freezes on salary and PTO. Does not pay well and will not move up in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not take out the financial mistakes on the employees. We are the ones who keep the patients coming back for future financial gains. Remember, what you pay for is what you get and keep.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Unorganized and Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Concord Township, OH

ProsMedical staff (nurses and physicians were all nice to work with)

Conscomputer systems had negative impact on health care of patients

Advice to Senior Managementaudit computer systems and have reviewed by outside source

Worked for Lake Hospital System? Contribute to the Community!