Lake Land College

Lake Land College Reviews

Updated Dec 12, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lake Land College has been a wonderful place to work. It has great people and many opportunities broaden skill-sets.

I have been working at Lake Land College full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt has wonderful benefits, great people and offers opportunties for personal and professional growth.

ConsIn some positions the pay scale is low. Sometimes the Administrative leadership is not completely connected with the workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways try to stay connected with the workforce, because those are the people who make the greatest contributions to the excellent reputation of Lake Land College.

Ok for entry level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lake Land College

ProsGood place to work for entry level experience within a college setting. 4 day work week in the summer and two weeks off at Christmas.

ConsNo room for advancement unless you are one of the "chosen ones". Most upper-level jobs that open up are already going to someone who has been picked out in advance. Most positions are filled from within. Often, management is not willing to listen to issues/concerns. Frequently turn a blind eye until the problem gets out of hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees.

Lake Land College - A great atmosphere to work in!

Secretary (Former Employee)

I worked at Lake Land College

ProsThey provided a great close knit, family atmosphere to work in. I couldn't have had a better job to work at while attending college!

ConsI don't feel there were any cons to working at Lake Land College

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

The people are great, the rest not so much.

I have been working at Lake Land College

ProsIt's a small feeling work environment. Some departments are better than others and mine is better than most. Most supervisors are understanding about personal needs for time off, etc. There is an abundance of paid time off such as, 4-day work weeks in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas break, etc.

ConsThere is little room for advancement, usually someone is already hand-picked for a job when it's posted, little or no diversity, insurance coverage is expensive and not very comprehensive, the pay is substandard, tuition reimbursement for bachelor's degree and above is limited to $600 per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to work with existing employees on a career track. Make room for advancement from within for everyone who is interested.

Worked for Lake Land College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lake Land College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Lake Land College employees.