Lake Shore Marketing Reviews

3.2
CEO

1. Internship at Lake Shore Marketing

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing

Pros

Super hands on! One of the bet internships I've had in a while. I learned all about promotional marketing and daily office duties. I feel far more prepared for my next job than I ever had before.

Cons

Driving to the Evenfs sometimes took a long time but they always reimburse gas!

2. Do you like working for little to no money, using your own funds for gas and wasting your time? THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Door to door, outside in the snow, whats not to love. It is amazing to be hot and cold and wet all day.

Cons

The company is a scam. They dont pay hardly anything, and you have no future with this place. HORRIBLE. Don't waste your time with this.

Just stop being a company, try to stop scamming people who just need a job to support their familys.

It's a cult-like experience.

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing

Pros

It taught me a lot very quickly. And there was plenty of opportunity for me to grow in the business. As long as I was selling, I was making good money. A lot of high-energy, positive people around you shouting things like, "JUICE" at you. Juice is an acronym for Join Us In Creating Excitement. It's a good opportunity to gain sales experience.

Cons

Although it's a sales job, the trainers and management do everything to convince you that it isn't. They do this by making everyone memorize "marketing strategies" that repeat, "We're not sales people, we're promoters." You have to know this verbatim and repeat it evey day before heading into the field. The field is a Sam's Club, Kroger, or Meijer where you set up a booth and sell the product to the shoppers in the store. If you don't sell, you make minimum wage. If that happens you have to talk about what happened with your manager the next day and how to get better. What I disliked the most was being told that I'm self-managing, but then I was constantly micromanaged. I had to check in with my manager every day and break down my day every night, which meant sometimes being on the phone until 10pm. The work days are long, sometimes over 12 hours and weekends are a must. Absolutely no work-like balance.

If it's a sales job, call it a sales job.

5. Good start to be involved in business/marketing

Former Employee - Team Member in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Team Member in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This place has been good to me. When I joined Lake Shore Marketing I had no business experience. After being with the company for almost a year, I left the company. If it wasn't for Lake Shore Marketing I wouldn't have gained the experience that I know today. I succeeded with the company because I had an open mind compared to others. Also not failing was a constant motivator for me.

Cons

Waking up extremely early. I'm a night person, but I got use to it.

Continue with fun motivating games and outings. It makes the environment fun and light hearted for everyone.

I am learning so much at Lake Shore Marketing

Current Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got hired at Lake Shore Marketing right after college, and I learned more in the first few weeks than in the whole four years I spent getting my marketing degree. I excelled during the training period because I am a hard worker and am open to one-on-one training. I was recently promoted out of an entry-level position, so all of my dedication is obviously paying off.

Cons

I have not really experienced any cons that are worthy of an internet review. Any negative experiences are dealt with immediately and smoothed over by management, which is a great comfort.

Keep up the good work and attention to your team members! Knowing we can count on managers helps us a lot.

A complete joke!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not a desk job, you talk to new people daily, get to be on road for a little time a day.

Cons

Horrible hours, they tell you get paid one amount when its really not even close. You have to meet at there office every mourning where you are greeted by four or five "trainers" who all give you a high five to try and boost your moral for this horrible day that is about to happen. Then you leave to go to your store where your booth is set up and play Billy Mays all day long, basically selling way overprice junk to random shoppers.

Be upfront about the position when hiring, you tell people they are applying for event management (which is true after working at least 8 months) just say you are going to be in a booth for most of your employment.

Lake Shore Marketing Response

Oct 2, 2014Owner

We are passionate about creating innovative strategies for our clients and a positive work environment for our employees. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Lake Shore Marketing was not in ... More

DEFINITELY my job I've ever had!!!

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lake Shore Marketing has an awesome team environment. All of the co-workers spend a ton of time together and everyone is friends. Upper management genuinely cares about the staff, and that really encourages a fun place to work every single day.

Cons

But if you have to work (which most of us do) Lake Shore is the place to be because it is so much fun.

Work to keep the office fun and engaged. It is really nice to come into an environment that is not stagnant.

Tons of fun in the field and with the team!

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing

Pros

Lake Shore offers a unique opportunity for energetic and outgoing folks because the work involves constantly meeting new people. It is always great to connect with the clients and customers, and since the team is a very social group there is always something fun going on.

Cons

Due to the nature of the space, the work is somewhat demanding. However, if you are willing to stick to it then the hard work will pay off. Your co-workers will always be there to help you and train you if there is anything that you need.

Do more community service or team building events so that everyone has an opportunity to hang out outside of work!

Hard Work + Perseverance = Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is not a huge company with tons of politics and red tape that will prevent you from getting promoted quickly. Many people have moved from entry-level to management in less than a year (think 6 to 8 months), and that same opportunity is literally available to every single applicant that walks through the door.

Cons

Hard work is required to excel at this job. If you are expecting a company that allows you to screw around on the Internet all day then this is certainly not the place for you. However, if you are a tenacious individual then this is a huge opportunity for you.

You are awesome! Thank you so much for all of your support!

This is a Sales Job.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I guess it looks good on a resume.

Cons

Where to begin. First off- they advertise their company under such aliases like 'LM' or 'LSM' and they say they offer all of these wonderful business opportunities when really all they want you to do is be a direct sales person. They are really discrete and sneaky on convincing the applicant that it is a pretty legit company. Do you know how much turn-over this Company goes through? Probably 80-90% in a year's time. I made the mistake of not doing enough research on this before throwing myself into this company. This is how the average day looks like: You have to meet at like 7:30 am at their office (which they rent out for the mornings..they don't actually own) and they make you stand up and rehearse sales pitches. Then the Boss gives some wonderful little speech to try to convince everyone that what they are doing is worth-while. Then you have to drive almost an hour away to a SAM's club and work god-awful hours to talk to white-trash clientele all day long. The pay is terrible and you barely get reimbursed for gas.

Have some integrity. Stop lying about the company.

Lake Shore Marketing Response

Oct 2, 2014Owner

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Lake Shore Marketing was not in line with our company goals and aspirations. We realize our company may not be for everyone and we truly appreciate your ... More

Lake Shore Marketing Photos