Lake Shore Marketing

www.lakeshoremarketinginc.com

Lake Shore Marketing Reviews

Great opportunity to get experience and push me where I wanted to go

Marketing Representative and Management Trainee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLearned to market products. Learned to train representatives. Learned to manage people and events. Learned customer service. Learned all aspects of HR- packaging and presenting a business. Learned to manage a team . Learned to work hard to get out of the company what I wanted. You get what you give. They are constantly growing. The clients are constantly adding and being dropped so it doesnt get old.

ConsWorked longer hours up front, after being promoted my schedule was great.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't hire people who aren't willing to work hard and just want to sit around and still get paid.

A complete joke!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsNot a desk job, you talk to new people daily, get to be on road for a little time a day.

ConsHorrible hours, they tell you get paid one amount when its really not even close. You have to meet at there office every mourning where you are greeted by four or five "trainers" who all give you a high five to try and boost your moral for this horrible day that is about to happen. Then you leave to go to your store where your booth is set up and play Billy Mays all day long, basically selling way overprice junk to random shoppers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront about the position when hiring, you tell people they are applying for event management (which is true after working at least 8 months) just say you are going to be in a booth for most of your employment.

DEFINITELY my job I've ever had!!!

Junior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLake Shore Marketing has an awesome team environment. All of the co-workers spend a ton of time together and everyone is friends. Upper management genuinely cares about the staff, and that really encourages a fun place to work every single day.

ConsBut if you have to work (which most of us do) Lake Shore is the place to be because it is so much fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to keep the office fun and engaged. It is really nice to come into an environment that is not stagnant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just like anything else, it is what you make of it.

ProsWhen I started working at Lake Shore Marketing Group, I did not have any “traditional” business training. However, Lake Shore still hired me and placed me in an entry level retail events position. Through hard work, I was able to move quickly through the training program and into the field. From there I was very successful with the help of what I learned during training as well as with the support of upper management

ConsI, honestly, don’t see any cons with Lake Shore at all. However, some people do think that the work is difficult and quit. I not a quitter, and I got promoted quickly because of that personality trait.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe open door policy and mentor-ship is great, so make sure that you keep that going!

Tons of fun in the field and with the team!

ProsLake Shore offers a unique opportunity for energetic and outgoing folks because the work involves constantly meeting new people. It is always great to connect with the clients and customers, and since the team is a very social group there is always something fun going on.

ConsDue to the nature of the space, the work is somewhat demanding. However, if you are willing to stick to it then the hard work will pay off. Your co-workers will always be there to help you and train you if there is anything that you need.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more community service or team building events so that everyone has an opportunity to hang out outside of work!

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern

Intern (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsVery hands on internship. I learned a lot about promotional marketing in a short period of time both at the events and in the office.

Flexible schedule

Gas reimbursement for travel to the event locations

Co-workers

Fulfilled my internship requirements, allowed me to work over holidays when I was back from school

Growth opportunity for employees

ConsThe events were sometimes far but at least they pay for gas

Hard Work + Perseverance = Great Opportunity!

Junior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThis is not a huge company with tons of politics and red tape that will prevent you from getting promoted quickly. Many people have moved from entry-level to management in less than a year (think 6 to 8 months), and that same opportunity is literally available to every single applicant that walks through the door.

ConsHard work is required to excel at this job. If you are expecting a company that allows you to screw around on the Internet all day then this is certainly not the place for you. However, if you are a tenacious individual then this is a huge opportunity for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are awesome! Thank you so much for all of your support!

Started at the bottom and moved up

ProsLake Shore is a great place for entry-level job seekers with little to no college education or experience to get a great job. The training program is extremely comprehensive, and it will prepare you for all situations and challenges that you will face in the field.

ConsThe first few weeks can be difficult for some, but the training program will take care of any uncertainties. The management is also available to everyone for mentorship and additional training which is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to nurture the team! It is awesome to have a management group that is there for everyone in the office.

I'm New, but I like it so far

ProsI got laid off from a previous job, and I got hired at Lake Shore almost immediately. It was great that their interview process did not take anywhere near as long as the interview process at other companies because I was able to start working and making money right away. The training period is paid as well which is really awesome!

ConsI’m still pretty new, but I have not found a single thing that I don’t like about Lake Shore Marketing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep getting new talent in the door as quickly as possible! Keeping a short interview period allows us to keep a competitive edge in hiring.

This is a Sales Job.

ProsI guess it looks good on a resume.

ConsWhere to begin. First off- they advertise their company under such aliases like 'LM' or 'LSM' and they say they offer all of these wonderful business opportunities when really all they want you to do is be a direct sales person. They are really discrete and sneaky on convincing the applicant that it is a pretty legit company. Do you know how much turn-over this Company goes through? Probably 80-90% in a year's time. I made the mistake of not doing enough research on this before throwing myself into this company. This is how the average day looks like: You have to meet at like 7:30 am at their office (which they rent out for the mornings..they don't actually own) and they make you stand up and rehearse sales pitches. Then the Boss gives some wonderful little speech to try to convince everyone that what they are doing is worth-while. Then you have to drive almost an hour away to a SAM's club and work god-awful hours to talk to white-trash clientele all day long. The pay is terrible and you barely get reimbursed for gas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some integrity. Stop lying about the company.

Worked for Lake Shore Marketing? Contribute to the Community!