Lake Shore Marketing

Updated September 28, 2014
Updated September 28, 2014
3.7

CEO

The team members make the company everday

Current Employee - Campaign Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have developed good friends at this company, who have helped me from the beginning. This motivates me to keep my morale and performance high. Positivity and professionalism may not always be contagious, but those characteristics never make anyone’s bad day worse. Doing my job well also enables me to help others who need a hand up.

Cons

So much of what we do at this places requires committed teamwork, which should not be a suprise. Training sessions aimed specifically at establishing trust and leadership have really helped bring us all together in ways that benefit everyone.

Opportunities to interact with teammates outside the office always deepens our bonds with, and commitment to, each other.

I am learning so much at Lake Shore Marketing

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got hired at Lake Shore Marketing right after college, and I learned more in the first few weeks than in the whole four years I spent getting my marketing degree. I excelled during the training period because I am a hard worker and am open to one-on-one training. I was recently promoted out of an entry-level position, so all of my dedication is obviously paying off.

Cons

I have not really experienced any cons that are worthy of an internet review. Any negative experiences are dealt with immediately and smoothed over by management, which is a great comfort.

Keep up the good work and attention to your team members! Knowing we can count on managers helps us a lot.

A complete joke!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not a desk job, you talk to new people daily, get to be on road for a little time a day.

Cons

Horrible hours, they tell you get paid one amount when its really not even close. You have to meet at there office every mourning where you are greeted by four or five "trainers" who all give you a high five to try and boost your moral for this horrible day that is about to happen. Then you leave to go to your store where your booth is set up and play Billy Mays all day long, basically selling way overprice junk to random shoppers.

Be upfront about the position when hiring, you tell people they are applying for event management (which is true after working at least 8 months) just say you are going to be in a booth for most of your employment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DEFINITELY my job I've ever had!!!

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lake Shore Marketing has an awesome team environment. All of the co-workers spend a ton of time together and everyone is friends. Upper management genuinely cares about the staff, and that really encourages a fun place to work every single day.

Cons

But if you have to work (which most of us do) Lake Shore is the place to be because it is so much fun.

Work to keep the office fun and engaged. It is really nice to come into an environment that is not stagnant.

I'm New, but I like it so far

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing

Pros

I got laid off from a previous job, and I got hired at Lake Shore almost immediately. It was great that their interview process did not take anywhere near as long as the interview process at other companies because I was able to start working and making money right away. The training period is paid as well which is really awesome!

Cons

I’m still pretty new, but I have not found a single thing that I don’t like about Lake Shore Marketing.

Keep getting new talent in the door as quickly as possible! Keeping a short interview period allows us to keep a competitive edge in hiring.

Tons of fun in the field and with the team!

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing

Pros

Lake Shore offers a unique opportunity for energetic and outgoing folks because the work involves constantly meeting new people. It is always great to connect with the clients and customers, and since the team is a very social group there is always something fun going on.

Cons

Due to the nature of the space, the work is somewhat demanding. However, if you are willing to stick to it then the hard work will pay off. Your co-workers will always be there to help you and train you if there is anything that you need.

Do more community service or team building events so that everyone has an opportunity to hang out outside of work!

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern

Current Employee - Intern  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very hands on internship. I learned a lot about promotional marketing in a short period of time both at the events and in the office.

Flexible schedule

Gas reimbursement for travel to the event locations

Co-workers

Fulfilled my internship requirements, allowed me to work over holidays when I was back from school

Growth opportunity for employees

Cons

The events were sometimes far but at least they pay for gas

Hard Work + Perseverance = Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is not a huge company with tons of politics and red tape that will prevent you from getting promoted quickly. Many people have moved from entry-level to management in less than a year (think 6 to 8 months), and that same opportunity is literally available to every single applicant that walks through the door.

Cons

Hard work is required to excel at this job. If you are expecting a company that allows you to screw around on the Internet all day then this is certainly not the place for you. However, if you are a tenacious individual then this is a huge opportunity for you.

You are awesome! Thank you so much for all of your support!

This is a Sales Job.

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I guess it looks good on a resume.

Cons

Where to begin. First off- they advertise their company under such aliases like 'LM' or 'LSM' and they say they offer all of these wonderful business opportunities when really all they want you to do is be a direct sales person. They are really discrete and sneaky on convincing the applicant that it is a pretty legit company. Do you know how much turn-over this Company goes through? Probably 80-90% in a year's time. I made the mistake of not doing enough research on this before throwing myself into this company. This is how the average day looks like: You have to meet at like 7:30 am at their office (which they rent out for the mornings..they don't actually own) and they make you stand up and rehearse sales pitches. Then the Boss gives some wonderful little speech to try to convince everyone that what they are doing is worth-while. Then you have to drive almost an hour away to a SAM's club and work god-awful hours to talk to white-trash clientele all day long. The pay is terrible and you barely get reimbursed for gas.

Have some integrity. Stop lying about the company.

Lake Scam Marketing

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time

Pros

You are desperate for money.

Cons

I applied for the position because the advertisement said the position was for event planning. I showed up for the interview and realized that the position was really just a sleazy sales positions. You have to travel to SAMs clubs across Indiana without getting money back. They also tell us that we are payed on commission which is True only if you sell a ridiculous amount of product. They would teach us sleazy sales techniques.The people who worked around me fell for all the stupid stuff they say like, "people who go to SAMs club are rich because they can pay for a SAMs club membership so you will obviously be able to sell to them". This company does not have any values. They lie to their employees and customers.

Please get some values.

Lake Shore Marketing Photos

Worked for Lake Shore Marketing? Contribute to the Community!