Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Elaine Thompson

Only place in this town for a nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Saint Joseph, MI

ProsPeople are nice and the lake is beautiful in the summer time. If you can make friends with the right people, you can advance quickly without ever having to go back to school.

ConsThey place no value on education BSN make the same as ADN and if they can, they will replace you with an LPN.

Very caring atmosphere.

Respiratory Therapy (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsPeople here are very helpful. They keep up with advancements in care. You're always learning something new. And, you always feel like you've made an impact in the care of your patients.

ConsBecause it's a large hospital, it's kind of hard to keep well staffed. So, you do more work than at other facilities.

Its not what you know, its who you know.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsJob security? Nice people to work with but poorly managed.

ConsToo many lazy people who get away with doing very little. The good employees take up the lazy employees slack. If they didn't the place would come to a stop. 24 hour pharmacy department where each shift rotation blames the other. The service could be so much more efficient with some effective management.
    The training in learn as you go. There is no explanation of how things work yet you are expected to answer calls to help nurses with an issue. Frustration?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some control. Ask the staff their view on the department. Look at how to improve the service. 3 different shifts all work in different ways. They should operate the same.
    I am happy to be working at LRMS but my department could be so much better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsThey offer benefits to people working 24 hours a week, there are lots of opportunities for advancement and transfers within the hospital, and they continually try to include all employees in hospital news and improvement.

ConsThere weren't many downsides to working at LRMC. The only complaint I have is there wasn't enough staffing when I was working as a Patient Care Assistant. Sometimes I would have 15-18 patients all on my own and that isn't safe.

Best job I've ever had!

Transcriptionist (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsLRMC is an excellent hospital to work for. Great pay, great benefits.

ConsI can't speak of anything negative, other than being laid off b/c they laid off all transcriptionists, which is why I no longer work there.

Stressful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeet some good people inc staff and patients. I advise people make this your last choice.

ConsHorrible management, a lot of favoritism, no work space. HR does nothing

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workers that bust their behinds instead of worrying about the bonuses

One of the best companies in Lakeland to work for.

Environmental Services Aid (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsShift differential for evening and night shift. Culture of caring. Generous Earned Time Off. A lot of opportunities for advancement.

ConsHealth insurance is very expensive. There are so many people applying for advancement opportunities its hard to get them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Fired workers, kept slackers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat exercise, mostly great co-workers. Lots of work.

ConsLousy pay. Good, hardworking employees were fired while people who did nothing all day were kept on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire department heads that know how to actually manage good employees.

Unprofessional and dishonest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOK for the simple things

ConsWill not rehire former employees due to another supervisor who still works there and HR employee as well, both lifers. Fully qualified and had good reviews!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new blood in there with quality skills and empathy with compassion

Poorly run IT department from the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCafeteria has a wide variety and good food.
    On-site pharmacy with great discounts
    Plenty of private bathrooms which are usually clean
    Mediocre benefits

ConsToo many IT silos and lack of communication from one IT group to another.
    Employees are threatened to obtain top-level certifications in areas of IT technology they're not allowed to touch.
    No career growth
    Last minute changes and moves announced with no consideration of its impact.
    Poorly thought out projects
    Certain rooms have so much mold and mildew growth that employees working in certain cubicles are almost always guaranteed to get sick
    Upper IT management has no respect for its employees
    Lack of raises for most staff (except for a small bonus and gift card during Thanksgiving)
    Just because you work for the hospital doesn't mean an ER visit isn't going to cost you several hundreds of dollars in the end...

Advice to Senior ManagementStart with fresh upper IT management at the highest level.

Worked for Lakeland Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lakeland Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lakeland Regional Medical Center CEO Elaine Thompson. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Lakeland Regional Medical Center employees.