Lakeshore Staffing
www.livinglakeshore.com Denver, CO 16 to 50 Employees

Lakeshore Staffing Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated May 16, 2014
Lakeshore Staffing – Kabul – “kmtc”

John Paller

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They listened to what I wanted and then delivered.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Oak Brook, IL

ProsVery personalized service and the staff really seemed like they cared about what I wanted.

ConsNot a conventional job / contract work

Advice to Senior ManagementI truly wish it would have worked out to / lead to a full-time, permanent position.

It has been a good experience

Temporary (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe best reason I could describe about working at lakeshore is that he temp assignments so far have been long term

Consone of the not so pleasant aspects is not being informed as to how the employer feels about the temps job performance on a consistant basis

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend this company to others becase the assignments are long term as well as having a good hourly wage

Very Temporary

Customer Service/Call Center Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsBad news is delivered dipped in warm maple syrup and ice cream. My branch captain does listen when you ask questions and ask for consideration, even though the answer is almost consistently negative/

ConsIf a client flunks you out of one assignment, (I worked one where everyone I met,was a contractor, even my supervisors and floor manager) you definitely will not be offered another assignment with any meat on the bones. This is the warning to the new or prospective "contract 'employee'": you'd better be really good, or else your "career" with the company will go nowhere. A year after being dumped by one of Lakeshore's clients I have not been offered more than two menial one-day assignments doing inventory work with a supermarket, and an eight dollar an hour retail warehouse temp position where you're told to throw your coat on the floor when you come in because they're too cheap to install coat racks.. If you blow your one chance or simply aren''t judged "good enough" by the client, you;ll endure the humiliation of having to call every week to check for more work you're not going to get just to qualify for unemployment. And if they catch you skipping calling in for being discouraged by no results, get ready to have to appeal!

Don't bother applying for a "contractor" position. Wait for a "real" employer to offer you a job that involves some commitment and confidence on their part.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, if you don't think an employee is worth giving another assignment, be honest and say so and "fire" them so they can seek meaningful work opportunities somewhere else without having to call in to a place where the agency has already decided you aren't worth a hoot.

"Please release me, let me go."

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review of Lakeshore Staffing

Chicago, IL

ProsVery professional staff, quick response time, available job information readily accessible, direct deposit available, interview/ hire process is very rapid

ConsMany of their jobs are temporary assignments, therefore this agency is great for making quick money to supplement your income or a period of unemployment, however, it is not the best option when searching for a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Lakeshore, more than just a job it's a second home.

Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible, team oriented, and supportive environment

ConsI wouldn't say there was a downside to working for Lakeshore but working in the Staffing industry can be stressful, especially in times of recession.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnology keeps changing...change with it to stay ahead of the competition.

Worked for Lakeshore Staffing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lakeshore Staffing reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lakeshore Staffing CEO John Paller. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Lakeshore Staffing employees.