Lakeshore Staffing

www.livinglakeshore.com

Lakeshore Staffing Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014
Lakeshore Staffing – Kabul – “kmtc”

John Paller

They listened to what I wanted and then delivered.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsVery personalized service and the staff really seemed like they cared about what I wanted.

ConsNot a conventional job / contract work

Advice to Senior ManagementI truly wish it would have worked out to / lead to a full-time, permanent position.

excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosalways there whenever you have questions

Consthere are not any cons

Fun and Inspiring place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat people with strong core values
    Fun and friendly environment
    Solid benefits and PTO plan
    Community involvement
    A lot of learning opportunities and support from the organization

ConsTough industry to work in, so can get easily burnt out

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on engagement and core values, remember to not only listen to feedback and ideas, but be open to making changes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a waste of my time and energy.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to get a good full time job for a little bit through them. They were easy to contact and keep in touch with for the most part. They were good about meeting with you and answering any questions you had. Most of the people were very nice to talk with.

ConsIn the long run looking back this was a waste of my time. I was given a good assignment but the place they assigned me was awful. They didn't treat any of the temps like they were valued members of a team, instead like cattle that was easily replaceable. When they decided they wanted to get some new blood in they called Lakeshore to tell you the bad news. Even Lakeshore handled it badly as they don't do much for you as a temp worker as far as being on your side. I understand why but it sure doesn't make you want to work with them anymore. When I first signed up it took months before I heard of a job offer and after one didn't work out I didn't think I would hear anything else.

My advice is if you are looking for a job, do it yourself. You can present yourself better then Lakeshore can and find better jobs as well. I ended up finding a job that paid me a lot more in a matter of weeks and one that I know not only want me as a person but that I have a really chance at advancing in. Lakeshore skips the interview part of the job which is important for you as a new hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stand up for your temps as people and not as dollar signs. We are people looking for some hope in this job market and we are coming to you because we don't know what else to do. Maybe try to treat us like that because I think most of the temps could find better jobs on their own.

It has been a good experience

Temporary (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe best reason I could describe about working at lakeshore is that he temp assignments so far have been long term

Consone of the not so pleasant aspects is not being informed as to how the employer feels about the temps job performance on a consistant basis

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend this company to others becase the assignments are long term as well as having a good hourly wage

Very Temporary

Customer Service/Call Center Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBad news is delivered dipped in warm maple syrup and ice cream. My branch captain does listen when you ask questions and ask for consideration, even though the answer is almost consistently negative/

ConsIf a client flunks you out of one assignment, (I worked one where everyone I met,was a contractor, even my supervisors and floor manager) you definitely will not be offered another assignment with any meat on the bones. This is the warning to the new or prospective "contract 'employee'": you'd better be really good, or else your "career" with the company will go nowhere. A year after being dumped by one of Lakeshore's clients I have not been offered more than two menial one-day assignments doing inventory work with a supermarket, and an eight dollar an hour retail warehouse temp position where you're told to throw your coat on the floor when you come in because they're too cheap to install coat racks.. If you blow your one chance or simply aren''t judged "good enough" by the client, you;ll endure the humiliation of having to call every week to check for more work you're not going to get just to qualify for unemployment. And if they catch you skipping calling in for being discouraged by no results, get ready to have to appeal!

Don't bother applying for a "contractor" position. Wait for a "real" employer to offer you a job that involves some commitment and confidence on their part.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, if you don't think an employee is worth giving another assignment, be honest and say so and "fire" them so they can seek meaningful work opportunities somewhere else without having to call in to a place where the agency has already decided you aren't worth a hoot.

"Please release me, let me go."

Front Desk Coordinator is a great entry level human resource position.

Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsYou get a lot of entry-level human resource training and exposure to the staffing industry. Great place to get your friends temporary positions.

You learn human resources legal hiring paperwork: criminal background checks, drug screens, EEOC, I-9 verifications, W-4, education verifications, and employment verifications. This positions allows you to help manage 6 staffing manager's calendars, screen the phone calls for the recruiting team, answer general human resource questions for all candidates working.

Process weekly payroll for 300 candidates. Not very complicated, but you have to call and email all candidates that have not submitted their timecard each week which gets old. You have to learn a lot initially, but once you get the hang of the paperwork and data inputting of candidate files, the work gets monotonous.

ConsNo room from growth. All front desk coordinators start out as temporary employees until all 6 managers decide they like you. Employees that last in this position are very high energy, agreeable, organized, and don't mind sucking up. If one of the staffing managers does not like you, you probably won't last.

They expect you to stay for at least 1 year, max 2 years. They say they'll help you find positions after a year of tenure at their clients, but it's never happened.

You work closely with a second front desk coordinator. The 2 front desk coordinators do not sit anywhere near the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the existing front desk coordinator is heavily involved in the hiring process of the next coordinator. Try to involve the front desk coordinators in the team culture in the back of the office.

Lakeshore's management is not committed to the temps that make Lakeshore successful.

Non Licensed Agent (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOut of all the temp agencies I was associated with while unemployed, Lakeshore was the only one that regularly communicated job openings to me. They also had a good handle on the job market I was in and presented opportunities that matched my desires.

ConsAccount Managers do not communicate the details of the situation with employees; Account Managers will throw their employees under the bus in order to save face in front of the client because replacing a temp is much easier than defending an existing temp.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could better screen Account Managers for integrity, business aptitude and knowledge in the area they are recruiting for.

Review of Lakeshore Staffing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery professional staff, quick response time, available job information readily accessible, direct deposit available, interview/ hire process is very rapid

ConsMany of their jobs are temporary assignments, therefore this agency is great for making quick money to supplement your income or a period of unemployment, however, it is not the best option when searching for a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Excellent job

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsFlexible schedules, great people, great work environment, excellent pay, easy to use software to accept shifts and post timesheets, etc ..

ConsContinious change of work location and no benefits for first year, other than that everything is great and very satisfactory

Advice to Senior Managementi think i might have selected the wrong company, same name, i guess there are several staffing companies with the same name

Worked for Lakeshore Staffing? Contribute to the Community!