Lakeshore Staffing

3.1

John Paller

great experience

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

friendly staff, supportive, good learning experience

Cons

i am satisfied, if the pay rate will be a little more that would be great

DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE FOR A JOB! BETTER THINGS OUT THERE FOR YOU, TRUST ME

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Centennial, CO

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing

Pros

There are no Pro's what so ever working for these people out side of receiving a pay check for a short period of time! They are scum!!!!

Cons

I did a contract position for these people, did an awesome job, but they sent me to a crap hole and when the assignment ended was told "Not to worry, we are very busy in the accounting industry and will get you back to work very soon". Is over a year, no returned phone calls or emails, no nothing. Then I had to file unemployment. They tried to fight it at first, but I provided proof. Now since being on unemployment, they are trying to fight it again stating I haven't checked in with them! Why in anyone's right mind would they contact an agency that never has the decency to reach back out to you or even acknowledge your existence? According to unemployment's handbook, at the time of separation I needed to be in contact with them, which I was. I, also according to these guidelines, have to make at least 5 employment contacts a week which landed me an awesome permanent job. If you value yourself and want a good job, these are NOT the people that will have your best interest in mind. They are only out to make a quick buck and screw you in any way they can try to do. I know I will win my hearing this Thursday against these crooks! Be ware each and every one of you, don't take a job from these people! Is too much of a hassle and will only cause you more grief then what it is really worth.

Go out of business or hire people that actually give a flying F of others!!!! :!:

Incompetent Recruiters

Former Contractor - Contractor in Louisville, KY
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Louisville, KY

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no reason for pro's for this company.

Cons

They allow employers to treat their contractors like crap. I was told not to say anything or the company would not us them again.

Treat your contractors and temps with more respect.

It is better to pursue a job on your own than to waste time seeking temporary work while unemployed.

Former Employee - Administrative Temp in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Temp in Denver, CO

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I haven't anything positive to say about Lakeshore, except that I enjoyed working at their client's office while under Lakeshore's employ.

Cons

I worked for Lakeshore Staffing, working just four times and using them as a temp agency to get some extra money while looking for permanent work.

After finding a permanent part-time position, I filed my separation with them. Shortly after, I received an appeal, saying they wanted to prohibit me from receiving unemployment from them. Since I worked only 4 times for Lakeshore, I wasn't entitled to unemployment (per my unemployment form from the state.) To that end, I had no intention of filing for unemployment from Lakeshore; I was receiving unemployment from a previous employer. But Lakeshore filed the appeal anyway, which will prohibit me from getting any monies from my former place of employment for approximately 10 weeks.

I am thrilled to have a new position which I found on my own. But I wish I had never signed up with Lakeshore, and I don't recommend that anyone use their services.

There are bureaucratic methods with all forms of government; but when your staff doesn't take time to review and sift through the paperwork, they end up making decisions that affect their current and previous employees in an adverse way.

My experience with Lakeshore was great until I gave a job separation.

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing

Pros

I liked the people at Lakeshore's client.

Cons

I was receiving unemployment from a previous company when I signed on at Lakeshore. I recently found a job, so I gave notice with Lakeshore. They immediately filed an appeal against me, stating that they didn't want me to file unemployment against them. I hadn't worked long enough to get unemployment and didn't want to apply for it from them. The legal form from the state explicitly stated I couldn't get unemployment from them (the amount was $0 benefits to receive) but they filed anyway.
    Since this appeal is under review, I have no idea when I will get my unemployment from my previous employer.

Pay close attention to your staff and to legal forms from the state. If the form states that one is to receive not money from you, then it means that you won't be paying out an unemployment monies

They listened to what I wanted and then delivered.

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Very personalized service and the staff really seemed like they cared about what I wanted.

Cons

Not a conventional job / contract work

I truly wish it would have worked out to / lead to a full-time, permanent position.

excellent

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

always there whenever you have questions

Cons

there are not any cons

Fun and Inspiring place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lakeshore Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people with strong core values
    Fun and friendly environment
    Solid benefits and PTO plan
    Community involvement
    A lot of learning opportunities and support from the organization

Cons

Tough industry to work in, so can get easily burnt out

Keep focusing on engagement and core values, remember to not only listen to feedback and ideas, but be open to making changes

Was a waste of my time and energy.

I worked at Lakeshore Staffing as a contractor

Pros

I was able to get a good full time job for a little bit through them. They were easy to contact and keep in touch with for the most part. They were good about meeting with you and answering any questions you had. Most of the people were very nice to talk with.

Cons

In the long run looking back this was a waste of my time. I was given a good assignment but the place they assigned me was awful. They didn't treat any of the temps like they were valued members of a team, instead like cattle that was easily replaceable. When they decided they wanted to get some new blood in they called Lakeshore to tell you the bad news. Even Lakeshore handled it badly as they don't do much for you as a temp worker as far as being on your side. I understand why but it sure doesn't make you want to work with them anymore. When I first signed up it took months before I heard of a job offer and after one didn't work out I didn't think I would hear anything else.

My advice is if you are looking for a job, do it yourself. You can present yourself better then Lakeshore can and find better jobs as well. I ended up finding a job that paid me a lot more in a matter of weeks and one that I know not only want me as a person but that I have a really chance at advancing in. Lakeshore skips the interview part of the job which is important for you as a new hire.

Try to stand up for your temps as people and not as dollar signs. We are people looking for some hope in this job market and we are coming to you because we don't know what else to do. Maybe try to treat us like that because I think most of the temps could find better jobs on their own.

It has been a good experience

Current Employee - Temporary in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temporary in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lakeshore Staffing

Pros

The best reason I could describe about working at lakeshore is that he temp assignments so far have been long term

Cons

one of the not so pleasant aspects is not being informed as to how the employer feels about the temps job performance on a consistant basis

I would recommend this company to others becase the assignments are long term as well as having a good hourly wage

Lakeshore Staffing Photos