Lamar Advertising Reviews

Lamar Advertising CEO Sean Reilly
Sean Reilly

1. Incredible Company

I have been working at Lamar Advertising

Pros

They really care about their employees, lots of benefits.

Cons

There are none that I can think of.

2. Excellent Company with outstanding people

Former Employee - Vice President/General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President/General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lamar Advertising full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful company culture. Outstanding leadership from corporate office to regional offices. Excellent best practice sharing and training thru Lamar University

Cons

Didn't experience any cons during my tenure

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lamar Advertising full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, solid benefits, ability to grow your own business and income level, fantastic team-first environmnet.

Cons

There are not many layers to management, promotions within the company are too few and far between, sometimes sales goals are unrealistic

More oppurtunities for career advancement within the company.

5. Unethical place to work.

I worked at Lamar Advertising full-time

Pros

Learning vast knowledge from seasoned staff in all departments.

Cons

Unethical business practices, poor treatment of employees, extremely micromanaged, pay structure changes and not consistent resulting in making less/hinder income earning potential. Limited career advancement.

6. Terrible company to work for - pay is low - management is awful.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lamar Advertising full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with the majority of co-workers (not including management). Office location made for a great commute.

Cons

Terrible, unethical working environment driven by management. Religion and politics were heavily discussed in work meetings. The pay was no where it should've been for work/tasks completed. Micromanaging style. Not a female friendly company. Left the company in 2012 along with a number of other employees, all of whom cited management as their reason for leaving.

7. This company is wonderful! It feels like a family environment and it is a joy to work for them.

I have been working at Lamar Advertising

Pros

The training is thorough and easy to understand. The process really does work and your potential for success is huge. The management staff is friendly and extremely helpful. There are opportunities to move up, but you have to prove you deserve a promotion.

Cons

The only con I would say is that you typically have a tough time having a great year two times in a row. Your budget is based off of your actual numbers. It can be difficult to maintain your commission percentage after a great year.

8. Overall good place to work

I have been working at Lamar Advertising full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is very fair for work required. It is a friendly company both on the corporate level and local level. Benefits are offered to employees very quickly upon hire. They are always looking for ways to improve practices.

Cons

Health benefits are expensive and don't cover as much as I think they should. Corporate launches new initiatives without one part of the company talking to another.

9. This is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at Lamar Advertising full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers are thorough and disciplined, but nice most of the time. The pay is right where it should be for my job, and my coworkers are all great to work with.

Cons

There are opportunities to move up, but I haven't seen them yet. Sometimes the managers can be a bit hard to please, but they are still patient most of the time.

Try to be more patient with your new employees. Some learners are faster or slower than others, so you can't expect everyone to get it right away. Also, at times you say one thing but do another, or baby your employees.

I worked at Lamar for 5 years

Former Employee - Real Estate Manager
    Former Employee - Real Estate Manager

I worked at Lamar Advertising

Pros

Great company the best and the largest OOH company in North America. Great Benefits great stock options.

Cons

Each office is run independently and I was bullied and sexually harassed for 5 years. I would have filed an anonymous complaint but when one did a vicious employee meeting was called and when folks left and a negative exit interviews were given regarding the GM but no recourse nothing was done. They just called GM asked if they did the things ex employee accused them of they just said no I would never and it was swept out to sea. Sad that such a great organization has weak links at the local levels and they do nothing about it. I planned to retire from Lamar but unfortunately the stress and ridicule and unfair treatment by the GM made it impossible. Lamar needs to pay attention to markets that are not growing and have abundant turn over maybe your appointed GM are making it impossible for people to do their jobs. Remember you are only as strong as your weakest link and you have a few of them at GM / VP levels that need to be disposed of like trash.

evaqluate your GM's every year based on growth budgets turnovers and when employees leave maybe believe that just once they may be forthcoming of a bad apple at upper management level.

11. Intern

Current Intern - Intern in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Intern - Intern in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Lamar Advertising as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible, fun work environment, co-workers are great, they really make you feel part of the team

Cons

Non! Such a great company