Lan Cargo

Lan Cargo Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Challenging and Fun at the same time, great place to work.

ProsThere are great benefits and you learn a lot about thr air cargo business.

ConsSalary is a bit on the low side, promotions are linked to friendships with the higher ups.

Good learning experience

AREA SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDynamic Job, good networking opportunities, challenging environment.

Conslow pay, poor upper management, not taking employees input to improve business

Good, however not always the best place to grow

ProsGreat people, however not always the best place to grow

ConsNot always the bet place to grow

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revenue Management Pros an Cons

Revenue Management Flight Analyst (Former Employee) Miami, FL

Pros- You get good tickets after 6 months in the company

Cons- From the day I got in team members and superiors advised me to look opportunities somewhere else
    - Pay is not competitive and is very low with very little room for advancing
    - If you are not from Chile or Argentina there is little to none advancement in the company.
    - I felt like in high-school where you need to be the athlete and the person that speaks even when you don't know what you are speaking just to call attention. From the beginning of the process at the interviewing process the VP of the area I worked to the hiring manager and everyone I interviews asked if I played soccer (it turns out I don't, and I got the job but during this time I was not taken into consideration for plenty of things because I did not played soccer just like in high-school where you have the popular kids and all that drama)
    - Schedules are horrible you work on shifts thy are "8" hours but you usually work from 10 to 12 hours every day and there are days that you do a night shift leaving at 2 am or + and you have to be back at 7 am because they put you on a morning shift and on top of that there where times where you didn't know what shift you had until the day before even in your free days. Schedules are a disorganized
    - There was a lot of interactions with other departments which was a good thing but there was no support from superiors in the department at the time of taking decisions therefore at the end of the day the department got the reputation that we where just spokes person from other departments and we could not make any decision

Get some experience and leave

Business (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFree tickets, and some good benefits.

ConsNo career growth. Promotions have a lot to do with friendship and relationship between members of the top management.

Just ok

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsManagement is top level, great environment, great learning experience.

ConsGrowing is related to who you know and not your skills. Way too much work load, making you hard to balance your personal life and job and a stressful place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile they have a clear vision of where the company needs to go, please improve communication with people on lower levels. Many times managers want to be on top by not sharing information, so that they stay in control. Seem like many are afraid of competition.

My time at Lan Chile had been one of great personal and professional growth.

Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat opportunity for growth if you are a hard worker. If you need emergency time off they are very understanding

ConsBenefits package is expensive if you are married with a family. Almost 800 dollars. Also, you need to know how to speak Spanish,.which thankfully I do, to be able to communicate with all the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that other people besides yourselves have families, and that they'd like to spend time with them. Instead of making them feel like they may lose their job in this economy if they don't do all the overtime that is paned for the week.

Best In the Business

Director (Former Employee)

Prosthoughtful ,considerate management that looks out for its employees

Consoverpays and over rewards -- too nice to its emplyees!

Not a place to grow

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCheap air tickets
    You can practice your Spanish

ConsIf you are not from Chile or Argentina forget about any serious promotion or career growth.
    Every year there is an excuse to not give any salary increase without mattering you reached all your goals.
    Promotions have a lot to do with friendship relationship and less to do with performance.

Worked for Lan Cargo? Contribute to the Community!