Lancaster General

3.4

Lancaster General CEO Jan L. Bergen
Jan L. Bergen
1 Rating

A great place to grow and work.

I have been working at Lancaster General for more than 8 years

Pros

Great staff, facilities. Great opportunities to grow (tuition reimbursement, etc).

Cons

Staffing and other challenges while keeping fiscal restraints and top notch patient satisfaction are sometimes difficult to balance.

Great Place to learn, work and make an impact!

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Flexibility, growth opportunities, continual new advances in different services and fantastic teamwork.

Cons

The only con would be some silo thinking in some areas.

Listen to your employees and make change where needed.

amazing, It has honestly changed my life.

Current Employee - Guest Services  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Everyone from every position is treated with respect.My direct supervisor & manager constantly teach me better ways to respect every individual who walks into our building, it has made me a better person.I feel important and know my job matters. The company does it's best to always acknowledge employees who give their best.Even if you work part time your eligible for benefits And benefits are good,the pay is good and all raises are strictly by job performance.You accumulate both vacation time & sick time by how many hours you work - which I love.They also help you with schooling. And the company is great & well respected in the area & nationally.

Cons

I can't think of anything worth mentioning. My only con is employees who can't be flexible enough to work well with others. You always get a few bad apples in every basket. I hear the same about managers. I feel lucky & honored to have the managers I do.

I think it's admirable that Beeman is serving his country. I think the money he is getting from serving should have been considered instead of receiving such obscene pay from LG while he is away. My brother was in Iraq - he sure didn't get paid by his company here while he was gone and he was just in reserves too.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great coworkers; Greedy management

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Teamwork within the unit; diversity; free parking

Cons

Management cares only about the bottom line. An extremely profitable hospital, LGH's money goes deep into the pockets of management. Those of us on the front lines can barely get a raise each year -- despite our strong work ethic and the success of our unit. Requests from management for employee input consistently fall on deaf ears. Employees are fed up, and it shows.

Appreciate the fantastic front-line employees you have with more than just lip-service. It it wasn't for our extraordinary and competent work with the patients, LGH wouldn't have the reputation it does.

Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Lancaster General

Pros

There were excellent health/dental/vision benefits, along with ample opportunities to build up personal time off. In my personal experience, my manager was very flexible and understanding when personal/family emergencies arose.

Cons

The staff are not always very good at adjusting to change, and following through with goals is not always a priority. There was also blatant judgemental behavior from individuals in 'higher' positions to those that were not as 'educated' as they were.

Friendly, great benefits and perks, but subpar management

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Overall, employees are treated well and given decent pay and benefits. The atmosphere and area are friendly and a great place to raise a family.

Cons

Senior management uses scare tactics to strongarm all its competition; LG controls nearly all healthcare facilities and offices in Lancaster County and is now reaching beyond. Management training is lacking, and there is quite a bit of favoritism of some employees over others.

There has been a lot of unrest lately because electronic health records are making many medical records positions unnecessary; but management refuses to discuss what their long-range plan is.

The management style and low pay, as well as the lack of communication to employees about job changes, are difficult on employees.

Reconsider salaries and provide pay increases. Be more accommodating of competition in the area. Provide better education and training to managers.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Flexibility in schedules
    Understanding of personal issues
    Compensation
    Benefits and discounts

Cons

Weekends and odd hours
    City location
    Long hours
    High stres environment

Keep recognizing your employees for a job well done!

great job

I have been working at Lancaster General full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great staff, great management, flexible with scheduling

Cons

constant change in management, lack of staff

Rewarding experience in Healthcare

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Lancaster General is a health system that provides competitive experience to healthcare and business professionals

Cons

Salary, Health Benefits, Compensation, Tuition Reimbursement and annual raises.

No answer

Dissapointing

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

The tuition reimbursement program offers up to $4500/year for college expenses

Cons

The health insurance is TERRIBLE and the "redeployment" last year was handled terribly. LGH does NOT have it's employee's best interests in mind and everyone is replaceable no matter how long you've been there.

Worked for Lancaster General? Contribute to the Community!