Lancaster General

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Lancaster General CEO Jan L. Bergen

Jan L. Bergen

Great Place to learn, work and make an impact!

ProsFlexibility, growth opportunities, continual new advances in different services and fantastic teamwork.

ConsThe only con would be some silo thinking in some areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and make change where needed.

amazing, It has honestly changed my life.

Guest Services (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsEveryone from every position is treated with respect.My direct supervisor & manager constantly teach me better ways to respect every individual who walks into our building, it has made me a better person.I feel important and know my job matters. The company does it's best to always acknowledge employees who give their best.Even if you work part time your eligible for benefits And benefits are good,the pay is good and all raises are strictly by job performance.You accumulate both vacation time & sick time by how many hours you work - which I love.They also help you with schooling. And the company is great & well respected in the area & nationally.

ConsI can't think of anything worth mentioning. My only con is employees who can't be flexible enough to work well with others. You always get a few bad apples in every basket. I hear the same about managers. I feel lucky & honored to have the managers I do.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it's admirable that Beeman is serving his country. I think the money he is getting from serving should have been considered instead of receiving such obscene pay from LG while he is away. My brother was in Iraq - he sure didn't get paid by his company here while he was gone and he was just in reserves too.

Great coworkers; Greedy management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsTeamwork within the unit; diversity; free parking

ConsManagement cares only about the bottom line. An extremely profitable hospital, LGH's money goes deep into the pockets of management. Those of us on the front lines can barely get a raise each year -- despite our strong work ethic and the success of our unit. Requests from management for employee input consistently fall on deaf ears. Employees are fed up, and it shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the fantastic front-line employees you have with more than just lip-service. It it wasn't for our extraordinary and competent work with the patients, LGH wouldn't have the reputation it does.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsThere were excellent health/dental/vision benefits, along with ample opportunities to build up personal time off. In my personal experience, my manager was very flexible and understanding when personal/family emergencies arose.

ConsThe staff are not always very good at adjusting to change, and following through with goals is not always a priority. There was also blatant judgemental behavior from individuals in 'higher' positions to those that were not as 'educated' as they were.

Friendly, great benefits and perks, but subpar management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsOverall, employees are treated well and given decent pay and benefits. The atmosphere and area are friendly and a great place to raise a family.

ConsSenior management uses scare tactics to strongarm all its competition; LG controls nearly all healthcare facilities and offices in Lancaster County and is now reaching beyond. Management training is lacking, and there is quite a bit of favoritism of some employees over others.

There has been a lot of unrest lately because electronic health records are making many medical records positions unnecessary; but management refuses to discuss what their long-range plan is.

The management style and low pay, as well as the lack of communication to employees about job changes, are difficult on employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider salaries and provide pay increases. Be more accommodating of competition in the area. Provide better education and training to managers.

Great place to work!

ConsWeekends and odd hours
    City location
    Long hours
    High stres environment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep recognizing your employees for a job well done!

Rewarding experience in Healthcare

ProsLancaster General is a health system that provides competitive experience to healthcare and business professionals

ConsSalary, Health Benefits, Compensation, Tuition Reimbursement and annual raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo answer

Dissapointing

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsThe tuition reimbursement program offers up to $4500/year for college expenses

ConsThe health insurance is TERRIBLE and the "redeployment" last year was handled terribly. LGH does NOT have it's employee's best interests in mind and everyone is replaceable no matter how long you've been there.

Worked for Lancaster General? Contribute to the Community!