Lancer Hospitality

Add Photos

Glenn Baron

realized I didn't like the place after I left

I worked at Lancer Hospitality full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgreat people for the most part, but they get rid of the good GM's and replace them with bad ones
they are very much for promoting within if you are in the cook department or a teenager trying to become a shift led

Consterrible way of firing people, the management does not give any forewarning
horrible communication

Advice to Senior Managementwork better together, have better communication, don't keep secrets about every little thing, hire a lawyer to rewrite your employee handbook, also do not have your director of operations do the work of a general manager

but glen baron was a great president for the company, he always treated me well

Micro Management

I worked at Lancer Hospitality

ProsHonestly, I cannot think of a single one

ConsSenior management is too hands on and unpredictable. Unreasonable expectations. Compensation and benefits are far below standards. Office environment is toxic, with many looking for a way out.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect those hired to do the job. You hired them for a reason.

If your looking for a seasonal job, fun locations then lancer is for you.

Hourly (Former Employee)
Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at Lancer Hospitality full-time for more than a year

ProsVarious locations and a wide variety of position are available with in the organization.

ConsThe company emphasizes the "At Will employment", gives you no notice or warning if they are going to let you go. Company has a very large turnover. Pay isn't the highest but you will work very hard and long hours for it. Very few full time position, very limited benefits if any.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be more concerned with the customer satisfaction of employees, customer and clients instead of the bottom line.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work but I liked the people I worked with

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality part-time for less than a year

ProsFun environment with mostly great coworkers and management and clear, well-communicated expectations for your job.

ConsMost difficult banquet job I've ever had. Back-breaking work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe banquet manager was great, but to the upper levels of management - who determine pay - if you don't want high turnover either provide better pay or demand less of the help.

Great people to work with, not to work for

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality part-time for more than 8 years

Proseveryone that i worked with was great at their job and went above and beyond the call of duty

Consmanagement and the "higher ups" never noticed and only wanted to do things their way-which never worked because they didnt know how things were done

Advice to Senior Managementknow what you have when you have it-instead of keeping a great hardworking group of people, you lost everyone and now have entry level workerds

The chefs are very knowledgeable.

Baker (Current Employee)
Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality full-time for more than a year

ProsBecause I work at a college location I have a set schedule.

ConsWhen the students have off, I do too. Not much room to try new things.

Great Experience

Cashier (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality full-time for less than a year

ProsThe managers and supervisors are typically helpful and friendly. It doesn't pay a whole lot, but they reward the hard workers with raises and promotions. The benefits are good. Working at the zoo was a fun experience.

ConsIt can be stressful if you don't do well with a fast paced work environment. Everyone I knew who worked there before Lancer got the contract for the zoo said it was a big improvement over the other company.

Just let go

Prosgood menu items.
working at the zoo.
company provided uniforms
50% discount on food.

ConsUnprofessional leadership, unorganizied supplies
messy grounds outside.
Big difference in treatment from upper level employees toward new hires.
 Little promotion or recognition of good work ethic.

Former Manager was good - Pay is bad, quality of work is bad

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality

ProsThe old GM was good to work for. She was very nice, and fair. She is gone now, and I do not know how I feel about the new GM yet.
It is located at the zoo and you can see the animals on your lunch break which can be super fun! We also get cheap/discunted food and coffee. LAst summer I worked all of the Zootunes events. I got to see all of the bands for free, and be outside for my shift.

ConsWork is hard and HOT in the summer. Really, you will work inside, in a hat, in front of a dump station with no air flow at all! The old GM would bring ice water around for us when the temps were rally high.
The pay is very low and you will not get a raise unless you get promoted, which is hard to do as thee is no room to move up. Other things that I can think of are: zero benefits, high turn over, the kitchen can be rather hostile in mood most days.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, understand what the working conditions are and be sensitive to it.

Challenging to work for - don't expect praise.

Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Lancer Hospitality

ProsThe venue was really great and working there was a solid resume builder. I enjoyed the people I worked with except for upper management.

ConsThere was a constant feeling that your job was on the line - constant pressure to perform, to work harder, and more hours. There was never a "good job" but always plenty of criticism.
Pay is 20%-30% below industry standards which makes the work environment even more difficult to tolerate.
If you are desperate for a job and take one with this company than keep looking until you find something else - you'll be glad you did.
If you are in MN it's best not to work in the recreational accounts as the Director of Retail Operations is incompetent but thinks he knows everything - worst kind of person to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn occasional thank or good job goes a long way.
Don't act like you are doing a manager a favor by giving them a 4% raise when they are already at a rate which is 20% less than it should be.

Worked for Lancer Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lancer Hospitality reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lancer Hospitality CEO Glenn Baron. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Lancer Hospitality employees.