Lancome

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eric Lauzat

Great

Prosgreat, fun, fashion, business, cosmetics

Consgreat, fun, fashion, business, cosmetics

Good Learning Experince...not the Best

Makeup Artist (Former Employee)

ProsLearn a lot about cosmetic industry. Good products. Nice friendships with Co-Workers and Business Managers.

ConsCared little about the well being of their makeup artists. Treated them like robots during events. Corporate rarely acknowledged makeup artists through gratis or verbal validation. Last year, NO trainings. New artists know nothing about products.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the Lancome Makeup Artists Teams are suppose to be on your front lines , demonstrating product, wouldn't you want to treat the artists' with a little more care? The last year the artistry has declined and it became an embarrassment when I was once proud to work for Lancome . Managers worry so much about their numbers they lose site of staff as human beings, including their business managers.

Didnt feel organized as a company

Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prossupposed to get gratis, but I didn't get any, maybe I didn't stick around long enough, I was over it

Consno training, felt lost when customers asked me about the products

Advice to Senior Managementgive real training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place to work if you want to grow in the industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and benefits. Carefree environment. People in generally are friendly.

ConsHigh turnovers. No leadership, no structure and no planning. A lot of important roles take on by interns without any training and direction. A lot of unrealistic expectations. Long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean the house and hire people with the right experience.

Fun and easy workplace

Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsGenerous Gratis, working with makeup, skin care line is amazing, decent pay, fair counter manager.

ConsIt's an independent contracting company. You can be let go for no reason at all. No benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your loyal employees with a little more respect

Great line and good experience

Makeup Artist (Former Employee) Rego Park, NY

ProsMy co-workers were great. I still have kept friendships with a couple after leaving. The product line is high end and brings it's own clientele.

ConsNo cons, typical business manager was a bit of a pain in the ass but overall we worked well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to micro-manage. We know what we are there for, we know we need sales to keep our job.

Temporary OK

Makeup Artist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNot there more than 3 days a week.

ConsStanding several hours with a short break.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring chairs on the floor for artists to sit during slow times.

Interesting...

ProsThere was never a dull moment,

Cons$5,000 goal for a gwp, with a couple weeks to achieve in addition to having to make your daily numbers. If youre going to work for lancome, dont do it at macys.... too much pressure!

Advice to Senior Managementplease dont hire anyone off the street, I work in your flagship store and notice the amount of subpar appearances for a luxury cosmetics line

Great Expirience

ProsLearned alot, got to work with great people.

ConsHad to stand up all day

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more greatis

High turnover, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeople in general are nice. Good products.

ConsNo structure, long hours, poor communication. Nobody hold accountable for bad performance. High volume of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with right experience. A project management team could help projects deliver within timeframe and expectation. Set clear job duties and ensure the goals are met.

Worked for Lancome? Contribute to the Community!