Land Bank of the Philippines

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
4.0

CEO

A nice place to work and retire

I worked at Land Bank of the Philippines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- good pay
     - internal and external training
     - education programs
     - houses a place for recreational activities such as billiards, darts, table tennis, gym,etc.
     - security of tenure
     - has no work during government declared holidays
     - develops and nurtures employees

Cons

- the above pros is dependent on you position/department/group
     - can't pay more than what is mandated by law
     - monitored and controlled by GCG

Increase salary of IT people, their pay is no longer competitive.

Amazing!

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Land Bank of the Philippines as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, I learned a lot because of this experience. I was originally assigned in New Accounts section but sometimes I help in bookkeeping section also though I only did there was basic. The employees there were kind to us, interns. I've met different kinds of clients since the branch that I was assigned was near Manila City Hall.

Cons

The place is so small considering they are near in Manila City Hall.

Improve the facilities.

LBP is one of a kind.

I have been working at Land Bank of the Philippines

Pros

You get the feel of being part of a nation building because the bank has a social mission. It is mandated to develop and finance organizations of farmers and fisherfolks in the country. It finances agri-related projects of local govt units, SMEs, individuals, and non-govt organizations. It is a partner of the rural banks and the people. I had the opportunity of working as a fieldman and directly dealing with the farmers; organizing them into cooperatives and financing their agricultural projects feom production to post harvest. The bank finances the land reform program of the government and assist the beneficiaries to make their land more productive.

Cons

As a govt bank, you are a non-partisan in politics if you are an employee. You don't get often times quality items in the office for your work because every procurement is subjected to public bidding. The lowest priced item, services, and technology are what you get. Also, the organizational structure and policies are very unstable and are easily influenced by the secretary of finance' ideas of what should the bank be focusing on. Management is impulsive on the trend in the banking industry. It replicates banking style and structure of other banks when it cannot possibly be because landbank is bank with a social mission.

Maybe it should sit down and look at the reality. For as long as it is a govt bank, it can not compete with private banks without sacrificing the bank's social mandate which is now happening. Rather than follow other banks, it should lead. Itmust concentrate on improving and strengthening its policies and structure in nation building. It can notbe a copycat. Landbank should be a leader in this agricultural country.

well known

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Makati City (Philippines)
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Land Bank of the Philippines as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

understanding company for their employees

Cons

the salary is not in time

please make the employee be satisfies at all time. specially in salary make it advance not just waiting for long hours