LandDesign

LandDesign President Dale Stewart

Dale Stewart

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people, no work.

Civil Engineer (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LandDesign

ProsGreat staff of young professionals, great projects before the development bust.

ConsMost of the projects were for private developers who started going out of business in 2008. Management has tried to chase new work, but still could not prevent massive lay-offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify, diversify, diversify

Not a company but a collection of individual studios

Rather Not Say (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LandDesign full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome genuinely nice people, but mostly in middle and lower levels.

ConsThis is a design firm that is run by engineers (President & COO). That is a bad combination, since engineers believe they really make the money that makes the firm stay afloat.

The firm stresses a collaborative atmosphere, but that's nonsense. They are just a dozen or so individual studios, each run by a partner. There is lots of territoriality. In their definition, "collaborating" means sharing us junior staff across projects, not really collaborating between studios and practices. And there is very little chance for advancement.

This firm lost a ton of money and people during the recession - many firms did. They also lost a lot of offices - at least half of their locations are now gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running like a bunch of private studios led by engineers.

Worked for LandDesign? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LandDesign reviews and ratings in Charlotte, NC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LandDesign CEO Dale Stewart. All reviews posted anonymously by LandDesign employees.