LandDesign

Be The First To
Add Photos

LandDesign President Dale Stewart

Dale Stewart

Great boutique land planning firm

ProsSmall firm experience. Very collaborative.

ConsNot much career growth. Upper mgmt doesn't promote young employees quickly

Great people, no work.

Civil Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat staff of young professionals, great projects before the development bust.

ConsMost of the projects were for private developers who started going out of business in 2008. Management has tried to chase new work, but still could not prevent massive lay-offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify, diversify, diversify

Not a company but a collection of individual studios

Rather Not Say (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSome genuinely nice people, but mostly in middle and lower levels.

ConsThis is a design firm that is run by engineers (President & COO). That is a bad combination, since engineers believe they really make the money that makes the firm stay afloat.

The firm stresses a collaborative atmosphere, but that's nonsense. They are just a dozen or so individual studios, each run by a partner. There is lots of territoriality. In their definition, "collaborating" means sharing us junior staff across projects, not really collaborating between studios and practices. And there is very little chance for advancement.

This firm lost a ton of money and people during the recession - many firms did. They also lost a lot of offices - at least half of their locations are now gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running like a bunch of private studios led by engineers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst senior management - clueless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was nice to work in different locations all around the world and some of the staff is great to work with.

ConsSenior management is THE worst around. Couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. A bunch of un-educated, know-it-all, blowhards.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some business management skills. Treat your employees better. Do it before you go bankrupt due to over-arching idiocy.

Worked for LandDesign? Contribute to the Community!