Landis+Gyr Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Landis+Gyr President & CEO Andreas Umbach
Andreas Umbach

Pros
  • Work Life balance, Salary good, (in 6 reviews)

• The work environment is not very hectic, generally put your time in and everyone is happy (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • During my employment Federal and State labor laws have been broken repeatedly by the Human Resources Department (in 2 reviews)

• The company should improve the infrastructure and basic facilities (in 2 reviews)

Good company to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits and salary;new analytics dept

Cons

no wfh policy and need to revisit management style

Advice to Management

be flexi with employee schedule

Completely Conflicted

Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Durham, NC

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing colleagues, prideful work, good leadership in my little fiefdom. Outside it, not so much.

Cons

The broader company is failing its people. It's completely clear people are worthless to the organization. The single clearest signs are the salaries and health benefits. They offer about 15% less than industry average and they carefully hide the true nature of the health benefits before you're hired. What you actually get, it seems criminal to even claim is health insurance. I'm sure they hired very good lawyers to walk as close to fraud as they could without actually crossing the line. Be warned!

Advice to Management

Be honest. You'll never retain loyal, quality people with these kinds of shady tactics.

unstable place to work

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great staff of people to work with locally

Cons

very unstable work environment as company tries to grow

Advice to Management

give your employees a feeling of a stable work environment rather than the current

The employees still there have sold their souls

Former Employee - Alpharetta Management in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Alpharetta Management in Cumming, GA

I worked at Landis+Gyr (More than a year)

Pros

if you can get in with the "in crowd", you can have a nice run.

Cons

It used to be a great company. In the last 2 years, everything has gone quickly downhill. The top 2 execs have singlehandedly ousted dozens of bright talented leaders. They blame the employees instead of themselves. They have created the worst work environment I have ever seen. Unless you are part of their in crowd (you must be very arrogant, like red wine, fire people for no reason, and complain about everyone) you'll be fired. And the HR team is absolutely the worst I have ever seen - 300% turnover per year in the HR department and no one seems to notice or care?? The IT team is now in shambles, new leadership in IT and the entire management team quits or is forced out. Go figure.

Advice to Management

see above. I wish the global headquarters would wake up and do something drastic like finding out what really is going on and making executive changes to bring the company back to its glory days.

6. It's a job

Current Employee - RF Technician in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - RF Technician in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with new technology and appreciate the flexibility in my work schedule. Having a company vehicle to use for work is a plus.

Cons

Limited path for advancement. Many of the managers are out of touch with the people making them money hand over fist. ON-CALL.

Advice to Management

SHOW your employees that you care that they have dedicated their lives to the success of this company for over fifteen years.

Wish I left Sooner

Pros

I liked the people that I work with.

Cons

People seem to be disposable and worked hard to the point that good people leave or unsuspecting people are pushed out. The Alpharetta CEO says allot of things about the people here to think they matter but very little is done to support what he says by management and HR. I am surprised that the HQ has not stepped in the question the number of people that have left over the last year or so to see what is going on. There is zero work life balance unless you are well liked by management and who likes who is what seems to drive the culture. HR doesn't seem to follow their own rules but maybe I just didn't know who to ask for seeing HR people change over so much.

Advice to Management

Read what people said in the big survey and come through with what you said you would do. Read what we are saying in the exit interview and do something about what people are saying, there must be some people willing to share the truth when they leave. Have exit interviews with everybody that leaves.

8. Sys Admin III

Former Employee - Sys Administrative III in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Sys Administrative III in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members to worl with

Cons

Poor management, lack of resources and expectations are un-achievable without consideration of workload.

Advice to Management

stick to the plan, have some stability up the ladder and stop shaking up management.

9. Only there for 6-Months

Pros

Somewhat interesting projects, emphasis on safety (perhaps an over-emphasis), potential for overseas travel. Free coffee and soft drinks. Very international staff.

Cons

As a contractor, I was often kept in the dark regarding upcoming work, even when my project was winding down. My particular manager was not willing to share work I was clearly able to do, but kept it for himself.

Good company - great people

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of perks you don't see at a lot of companies Each year received a raise and bonus Supportive management Family like environment Super smart company and culture

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming Lack of communication between departments

Advice to Management

I had a fantastic manager...

High stress, political atmosphere

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time

Pros

pay is decent, benefits are OK. most peers are good to work with.

Cons

high stress environment, lot's of politics. change in leadership a few years ago has led to many people seeking other opportunities. former CEO used to communicate work life balance, even if it wasn't possible. next leadership has promoted only that everyone needs to work harder, which translates into more hours and more meetings, meetings, meetings.

RSS Feed </> Embed