Landis+Gyr

Landis+Gyr Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Landis+Gyr President & CEO Andreas Umbach

Andreas Umbach

Low stress, good people, but should expect more from employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers are very approachable and helpful. The work environment is not very hectic, generally put your time in and everyone is happy.

ConsThere is a lack of emphasis on projects that can significantly improve the product. Management should try harder to develop newer designs and thus sustain competitiveness in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush your employees harder. Many are bright, talented, and bored. You have successfully created a culture of friendliness and approachable team members, now it is time to fully leverage that environment.

Landis+Gyr

Electronics Technician (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGood pay and hours. The management as well as the other office personnel were great to work with. My immediate supervisor was the best boss I've ever worked for. I worked a job that I actually went to school for.

ConsBeing on call at night. Then again it wasn't really that bad, it was all I could think off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Turnover

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe people that are actually doing the work and keeping things moving forward. A lot of great talent in the organization.

ConsTurnover is very high in the human resources department which should be the most knowledgeable. How can you expect the company to function properly if your HR department is always changing? Looks like a leadership problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementFIX IT! Something has to give or you will have a very unhappy culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

L+G

IT Architect (Current Employee)

ProsEarly Adopter - Experienced company In the SmartGrid space where there is lot of potential

ConsSlow pace of integration and co-ordination between different business - geographical teams and new acquisitions is slow

Project Engineer

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsInnovative Company, fast pace , IT world.

ConsContract work, hire young people for full time positions

Advice to Senior ManagementYes

Good company with world class financial management team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsA new global management team that should be more innovative and forward thinking than the previous team. This company has the right work ethic and has earned an enviable industry reputation for supporting their customers.The company also has a global footprint, but is strongly North America focused as can be seen in the product development cycle.

ConsI don't believe the company spends enough time innovating and looking for tomorrow's solutions, instead of chasing the next big thing announced by it's core competitors. They need to examine what their core really is and if it still exists, as they interpret it, in the marketplace. Also, the ownership structure of the company makes the firm ineligible for some US domestic RFPs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush the envelope, by developing the people you have and attracting the people you need. The old industry that is not the new industry. Your customer has changed, as your customer's customers are beginning what will be a tremendous change. The only things impeding this revolutionary change is regulation and oversight. Be mindful of the political and bureaucratic currents that influence your industry. Being complacent and not anticipating change will leave you flat footed and in the position of chasing your competition once again. Also, loosen your definition of who your competition is. Are the big meter makers/network companies really the competition of the future, or is it that start-up that is trying to kill the meter? Or, does L+G want to be the firm to kill the meter? Just my simple thoughts.

L+G is a great company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat executive leadership, really focused on employee growth and meeting our financial targets, customers that like us and are treated well. Benefits and bonuses are great. Company technology is impressive and L+G is the leader in its industry. Toshiba backing has been helpful. Focus on quality processes. Emphasis on industry certifications for employees.

ConsMany parts of the organization do a good job in getting rid of the deadwood. Some employees don't like this, obviously. Other parts of the organization need to do a better job at performance management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

No satisfaction from work, hoped Toshiba would have fixed. Didn't.

Radio Frequency Tech (Current Employee)

ProsVery little is expected of employees, great place to work if you aspire to mediocrity. Salary is competitive when you subtract the time you are able to wander around, play candy crush or time spent on the can. You also get a truck to run errands with, if you suck up a little. There are few clearly defined duties, so when all else fails you can claim ignorance. Most sites have free coffee. Also a stepping stone to work with Utilities. The mandatory safety training can get you insurance breaks, and first aid qualified.

ConsManagement as a whole is untrained and disorganized. Problems are covered up or ignored until they blow up, pertains to personnel, products and services. Little is proactively corrected. Managers focus on their own busywork or pet projects, subordinates seem to be nothing more than an inconvenience. Some managers routinely unaware of direct report employees scheduled activities. There is little incentive to excel, "merit based" bonuses and raises are paid out the same to everyone. During my employment Federal and State labor laws have been broken repeatedly by the Human Resources Department.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your leadership. Clearly define roles and responsibilities of every position. Tools and framework to do all of this is in place, just neglected. Given a clearly defined standard, training can be developed and disseminated. EBITDA can be improved with quality performance, not continued budget slashing. Or more realistic, both.

Technical expert

Prosgood work environment and nice people

Consgrowth chances are slow hhhh

Great Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsBenefits and bonuses are great for salaried employees and, if lucky, you might work for a manager who is truly interested in your advancement. I had a great manager and great team mates. Met a lot of nice, friendly people outside my department.

ConsThe commute of course. After all, this IS Georgia!

Worked for Landis+Gyr? Contribute to the Community!