Landmark Aviation

Add Photos

Dan Bucaro

Wonderful Workforce

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSmart, hardworking workforce! Makes coming to work and wanting to make a difference very gratifying.

ConsThere are a few executive management level folks hired who lacked what seemed like basic; situational awareness, communication skills, customer service skills, and general (sound judgement). These characters had a very negative-corrosive effect on the (majority). I have seen several come and go. "All with lasting effects."

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn over is costly to the bottom line. Ask a Customer what they truly see at Landmark. I think they would tell you that just when they become accustomed to a Landmark Team Member, the Team Member is gone. "Along with the knowledge of that customers specific needs and wants."
    Focus on long term, stable growth that carries the entire Team towards a common goal. Even if the pay is not great, great people will want to continue serving Landmark if they perceive that they are truly valuable and appreciated.

Great fast paced, community-like work environment. No two days are the same.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat human resource department during the new hire process and a full month of training.

Although you perform the same tasks everyday, each day feels different. Great job for a person who love to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.

Great opportunity for someone hoping to move up within the company. Landmark is growing exponentially and that gives employees a chance to be promoted or relocate.

Amazing benefits!

ConsIf you are not a good multitask-er this is not the job for you. It gets extremely busy at times and you have to be quick on your feet and able to prioritize. This is the aviation industry and mistakes can be very harmful to employees and customers. Keep that in mind when considering a job in aviation. If you can't handle a fast-paced and at times very stressful work environment... this might not be a good fit.

This is also a job within the travel industry. If you are not flexible with hours and weekend availability, you should consider another industry. There is not a set schedule and shifts and days off will always vary.

Many of the employees, although not a requirement in the job description, have college degrees. Employee salaries are not, but should be, reflective of the knowledge the employees bring to the table.

Advice to Senior ManagementI highly consider hiring from within. I have seen people who deserve to be promoted be passed up for someone who was hired from outside of the company. Most employees are very loyal to the company and management should be loyal to them as well.

HOPELESS JOB. EMPTY PROMIS LIES

Line Service Technician (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsFull time work. 40 hour weeks. Great for aviation enthusiast. get to learn about new AC types.

ConsMan were to start. ALL their equipment was failing and in bad condition, the lavatory truck didn't work so you had to use a cart and I saw plenty of guys get sewer all over them. the management is a little stiff. every body jokes everybody. but I call a guy butter cup and I get in big trouble.. ok...
    Next. Health insurance you have to have bc Landmark aint paying if you get hit by a propeller. so either you have your own with proof or you have to have the one they offer. so I didn't have any so I was made to get some. there prices were outrageous basically it costs you a hundred and some every pay check.
    they start you at 10.20 and hr and tell you that after 90days you,ll get a raise, LIEEE. so take home pay is like 6.75 an hr after taxes and insurance.
    Tell you that you can advance to management. LIE that will only happen if some one get fired from management..

They tell you that you'll get all these pay raises and promotions. just to bait you in. IF YOUR SELECTED.

Advice to Senior ManagementFULFILL what you state at the interview process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Line Service

Line Service Technician (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsMy (Co-workers) are great. The real workers are the ones that get it done. No thanks To office staff

ConsBase Manager and Line service manager are two of the BIGGEST jokes I have ever seen. In the past 4 weeks we have had 5 of our most senior people leave. Managers attitude is if you don't like it leave. Well we are. In fact 3 more people are getting ready to put in their notice. You will not get your 90 day review and if by chance you do it will be a year later. The ramp is in horrible shape concrete and black top sinking> planes come in and have to dodge the low spots. And lets not forget the Customer service front desk manager she a real keeper. Or should I say quack. She favors one of the girls over the others even has her doing the schedule for the front desk. Mainly because she cant figure out who she has working. She picks on one girl so bad that she has had her in tears. Training here does not exist. it's all on a stupid computer. Management also makes fun of the base tenants. That's real professional. they say that this is a five star establishment well they are wrong. This place would not get even 1 star. It's funny that having no job would be better than working at Landmark Aviation at lunken airport. If you fly in do yourself a favor and go to the terminal ramp Its free. all the BS fees that Landmark charges are stupid. And the fuel prices are total crap. I wish the City of Cincinnati would toss this trash to the curb. Also Management has a bad habit of saying to its employees which base tenants are always late paying there rent and other fees. I guess that's how they can justify not giving raises. And last but not least. The building maintenance guy is a complete joke as well. He's good about calling the real pros in to take care of the building needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all management at Cincinnati Lunken

Walking on egg shells due to the bipolar and psychotic behavior of the day time employees Tony and Randy!!!

Anonymous (Former Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsThe hours and the fringe benefits.

ConsManager allows a hostile work environment. Supervisor looks the other way. Scared to stick his neck out.

Advice to Senior ManagementMan up and fire the problem and take back control of your company.

PE-owned company concerned with only one thing, the bottom line.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs far as aviation firms go, this is one of the larger firms. Being this large, there are opportunities for upward movement provided you're open to moving around the FBO network or to their corporate HQ in Houston.

For a company in aviation, compensation is OK.

ConsThe HR group is one of the worst I've ever worked with. Benefits are in line from what you'd expect from a PE owned company, meaning that they're enough to be declared "benefits". Administration of the HR group is laughable. If you come from an organization that cares about its employees and their personal growth, you will be disappointed.

Company culture is non-existent at Landmark. There is no effort to create a culture. When acquiring companies, little to no evaluation is done as to cultural fit. As a result, there are sub-culture silos across the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture matters. Coming up with a plan to acquire with consideration to cultural fit and integrate culture can be one of the most important things to the company's long term success and can save you a lot of money if considered and planned correctly.

Take some time to evaluate your HR department and its direction. HR is the first impression given to any employees brought on during an acquisition. So many of your acquisitions begin with a negative impression of Landmark. This is detrimental to the integration and needs to be addressed if you continue to use acquisition as a growth strategy.

Not a place to build a carreer. You can coast and collect a paycheck, though.

IT (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI loved many of my coworkers. Made a lot of good friends here, worked with a lot of good people.

ConsPoor management is the worst issue. Every company has problems - but if management's only solution to problems is disciplining overworked and underpaid employees for not giving more of their free time, the only people that stay are those too scared or beaten down to find a place where an attempt is made to solve problems.

Decisions were consistently made on a very short term basis - painting the company into unpleasant corners as they seemed unable to plan ahead. Snap decisions without a clear understanding of the situation let to cases such as being told to drop a project that would save the company up to half a million dollars in order to work on a manager's pet project to save a single fifty thousand salary. Poor quality equipment, a refusal to upgrade already overloaded systems, major system faults and issues with security were also a constant problem.

While I was there, a significant portion of the upper tier of non-management people left, knowing they could go somewhere where they had mobility, carreer opportunities, and opportunities for better pay.

I know it can be bad on the line, but corporate isn't much better. IT personnel were expected to be on call for 168 hours straight at a time. My position should have been filled by at least 2-3 additional people. Pay was significantly below industry standard. Training is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have good people. Good new employees start out with a desire to make a difference, do a good job, and get ahead. Hiring new people and turning employment into a revolving door is expensive. Haivng an oppressive and punitive environment means the only employees you keep long term are those that are too scared to risk looking for a better opportunity. Paying to keep good employees costs money - but I would argue less than paying to run the revolving door of employment I saw while I was there.

Same with equipment. Maintaining and purchasing good quality equipment and systems is pricey - but trying to hold things together with real or figurative duct tape and baling wire usually ends up more expensive in the end - and it prohibits excellence.

Stop being penny wise and pound foolish! Please, try to be strategic instead of tactical, and use the basically good business idea you have to grow something you can be proud to claim as your own!

Outright neglect

ProsAs hard as it is to find pros I suppose there are some. They offer a decent benefits package as long as you're willing to pay for it.

ConsSaying it's easy to find faults is one of the cons in and of itself. The almost zero opportunity for advancement leads to almost no motivation from some of their employees. The pay guarantees that most of the people that ARE motivated enough to bust their butts will surely leave. Poor equipment maintenance leaves us looking incompetent of taking care of our customers. When a customer asks me "you're going to fuel my aircraft with that?" there's a massive problem. Landmark makes more than my entire year salary off de-icing one aircraft but continues to tell us that we're in a pay freeze.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about YOUR actions instead of ours.

Empty promises, no annual raises, and no opportunity for promotion.

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood benefit program for all full time employees. Safety culture environment for line service employees and cockpit flight crews.

ConsNo chances for advancement, actually the company would rather demote you and bring in someone from outside the company to do your job while telling you your opportunity is coming along some other time. No annual raises. Empty promises from Senior Leadership. Years of service are not important, it is all political. Extremely low employee morale. Make sure to answer the phone exactly as scripted.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees and those contributions they make to the company.

Under appreciated

Line Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsCo workers are the best we all got as qualified certified as possible. We are a great team and have each others backs

ConsLow pay. On my first annual evaluation was ranked above normal. No raise no bonus and I am the most certified qualified passing over employees who have been there 5 to 28 years. Leads don't care. Supervisors don't care. Management tells you what you want to hear but does not follow up. Trucks are always broken fixed by junk yard mechanics .Seems the only way you can move up in this company is to brown nose kiss butt be a yes man which jeopardizes other employees safety not to mention the respect. I need the chance to turn this place around but I am respected for my knowledge, my qualifications and ability. I am even more qualified and certified than 2 of the 4 supervisors. I train my coworkers because the trainer, who is a supervisor, is too busy brown nosing butt kissing, business as usual and it is very bad business! People have been hurt by this attitude just a matter of time before someone gets killed!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis business as usual sucks. Change it!

Worked for Landmark Aviation? Contribute to the Community!