Landmark Aviation

Dan Bucaro

Stressful

Current Employee - Line Technician in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Line Technician in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to get experience working on different private and corporate aircraft.

Cons

Benefits are a little bit less then what similar organizations in the area offer. Uncertainty of job, high turnover rate.

More opportunity for training, formal schools or even informal in house training.

Landmark Oakland

Current Employee - Anonymous in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Landmark Aviation

Pros

If you're lazy and like sitting on your arse and getting rewarded, this is the job for you. No one is ever held accountable.

Cons

There are many...new GM had promise, but has yet to make any significant change. Broken equipment that never gets fixed. Demoted GM promotes and rewards laziness. Pay is average, no opportunity for advancement. Currently looking to get out!

Recognize those that do, and punish those that don't. You have too many people that don't do their jobs, and yet you do nothing. You're going to lose good people.

No respect.

Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great job, some of the people I work with are very good people.

Cons

Management couldn't give one though to the employees. It's all about making money for the company, and getting their yearly bonus. Very rarely do I hear a legitimate "Thank you," or "Good job."

Think about the people who you pay to keep the reputation of your company.

Overall, it is a job.

Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people were fun to be around (for the most part), I was around aircraft again, and there is free ice. Those were the best parts of the job.

Cons

No matter how much experience you have, they will not recognize it. While I had five years military aviation expierience, and another five years of general aviation expierience, I was paid the same as a kid who never stepped foot on a Tarmac. About the pay, it's only $10/hr. The head recruiter offered $11/hr, but changed as I went to the interview.

This job is 99% outside, in the Desert Sun. Just a precaution more than a legitimate "con" of the job.

Very Safety oriented and structured

Current Employee - Line Service Technician
    Current Employee - Line Service Technician

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working outside, Communicating with customers

Cons

Pay is okay, Manager plays favorites

Pay the employees for what they are worth. Some management personnel need to go

Under paid for the amount of responsibility.

Current Employee - Pilot in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Pilot in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Over time available, due to people leaving.
    Well... It's not fast food.

Cons

'Corporate' is in another state and so busy acquiring new fbo's they leave the recently purchased in the dark. Landmark offers no insight as to their future plans, and everyone is just an underpaid number. It seems this company is just your generic faceless corporation, do not expect much. Take it or leave.... It seems most are leaving it.

Another poster referenced 'culture', this should be of importance to you. How long do you think it will be until your line service forms a union? Just ask Atlantic Aviation. Take care of those who take care of you.

Wonderful Workforce

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hardworking workforce! Makes coming to work and wanting to make a difference very gratifying.

Cons

There are a few executive management level folks hired who lacked what seemed like basic; situational awareness, communication skills, customer service skills, and general (sound judgement). These characters had a very negative-corrosive effect on the (majority). I have seen several come and go. "All with lasting effects."

Turn over is costly to the bottom line. Ask a Customer what they truly see at Landmark. I think they would tell you that just when they become accustomed to a Landmark Team Member, the Team Member is gone. "Along with the knowledge of that customers specific needs and wants."
    Focus on long term, stable growth that carries the entire Team towards a common goal. Even if the pay is not great, great people will want to continue serving Landmark if they perceive that they are truly valuable and appreciated.

Great fast paced, community-like work environment. No two days are the same.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great human resource department during the new hire process and a full month of training.

Although you perform the same tasks everyday, each day feels different. Great job for a person who love to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.

Great opportunity for someone hoping to move up within the company. Landmark is growing exponentially and that gives employees a chance to be promoted or relocate.

Amazing benefits!

Cons

If you are not a good multitask-er this is not the job for you. It gets extremely busy at times and you have to be quick on your feet and able to prioritize. This is the aviation industry and mistakes can be very harmful to employees and customers. Keep that in mind when considering a job in aviation. If you can't handle a fast-paced and at times very stressful work environment... this might not be a good fit.

This is also a job within the travel industry. If you are not flexible with hours and weekend availability, you should consider another industry. There is not a set schedule and shifts and days off will always vary.

Many of the employees, although not a requirement in the job description, have college degrees. Employee salaries are not, but should be, reflective of the knowledge the employees bring to the table.

I highly consider hiring from within. I have seen people who deserve to be promoted be passed up for someone who was hired from outside of the company. Most employees are very loyal to the company and management should be loyal to them as well.

HOPELESS JOB. EMPTY PROMIS LIES

Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Full time work. 40 hour weeks. Great for aviation enthusiast. get to learn about new AC types.

Cons

Man were to start. ALL their equipment was failing and in bad condition, the lavatory truck didn't work so you had to use a cart and I saw plenty of guys get sewer all over them. the management is a little stiff. every body jokes everybody. but I call a guy butter cup and I get in big trouble.. ok...
    Next. Health insurance you have to have bc Landmark aint paying if you get hit by a propeller. so either you have your own with proof or you have to have the one they offer. so I didn't have any so I was made to get some. there prices were outrageous basically it costs you a hundred and some every pay check.
    they start you at 10.20 and hr and tell you that after 90days you,ll get a raise, LIEEE. so take home pay is like 6.75 an hr after taxes and insurance.
    Tell you that you can advance to management. LIE that will only happen if some one get fired from management..

They tell you that you'll get all these pay raises and promotions. just to bait you in. IF YOUR SELECTED.

FULFILL what you state at the interview process.

Line Service

Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My (Co-workers) are great. The real workers are the ones that get it done. No thanks To office staff

Cons

Base Manager and Line service manager are two of the BIGGEST jokes I have ever seen. In the past 4 weeks we have had 5 of our most senior people leave. Managers attitude is if you don't like it leave. Well we are. In fact 3 more people are getting ready to put in their notice. You will not get your 90 day review and if by chance you do it will be a year later. The ramp is in horrible shape concrete and black top sinking> planes come in and have to dodge the low spots. And lets not forget the Customer service front desk manager she a real keeper. Or should I say quack. She favors one of the girls over the others even has her doing the schedule for the front desk. Mainly because she cant figure out who she has working. She picks on one girl so bad that she has had her in tears. Training here does not exist. it's all on a stupid computer. Management also makes fun of the base tenants. That's real professional. they say that this is a five star establishment well they are wrong. This place would not get even 1 star. It's funny that having no job would be better than working at Landmark Aviation at lunken airport. If you fly in do yourself a favor and go to the terminal ramp Its free. all the BS fees that Landmark charges are stupid. And the fuel prices are total crap. I wish the City of Cincinnati would toss this trash to the curb. Also Management has a bad habit of saying to its employees which base tenants are always late paying there rent and other fees. I guess that's how they can justify not giving raises. And last but not least. The building maintenance guy is a complete joke as well. He's good about calling the real pros in to take care of the building needs.

Fire all management at Cincinnati Lunken