Landmark Bank

Add Photos

Jeff MacLellan

Great Part-Time Job

Teller II (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsLots of room for advancement within the company
    Very flexible with college students
    Great working environment with coworkers

ConsA lot of emphasis on sales
    Small consequences for large mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the people who get promotions are the best for the job instead of the ones who make the most sales.

Exemplifies idea of friendly local bank

Teller I (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsCompany has a balanced sales culture, and therefore much less stressful than working as a teller at other banks might be. A pleasant place to work, as everyone is so friendly.

ConsBeing a teller isn't for everybody. Experience of working at Landmark can vary greatly depending on which branch you work at, as far as pace of customers goes. Not necessarily a con, but it is what you make of it; some branches you might only see 20 customers in a shift, others you might see 150.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives don't see customers on a daily basis, whereas tellers do. Many times a day. Tellers know what customers want, for the most part, even though many are college students and being a teller is far from a career, so they don't desire to change the customers experience too much. Accordingly, treat teller job less a career while still emphasizing the necessary sales, but also use tellers as conduit of information for management to use.

Made some friends, happy to have had the experience.

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsFriendly co-workers, team environment, downtown job location.

ConsParking was 3 blocks away and had to pay $11 bi-weekly, break room was tiny.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They need to hire more people

Teller I (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsI loved the customers that came through at the drive-thru only branch I worked at
    Having no lobby for such a busy location was great

ConsThere were only two of us manning 7 tubes, which was unbearable. As the Teller I, I was expected to handle the bulk of the customers, even commercial deposits.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people for the Stephens Park location

Worked for Landmark Bank? Contribute to the Community!