Landmark Education

The Commitment - The People - Transformation

Former Employee - Center Staff Member
    Former Employee - Center Staff Member

I worked at Landmark Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being heard, being accepted and causing breakthroughs for self, others and the world at large

Cons

The hours can be very long and not always the work life balance that other companies can actually rave about

Be competitive with salary and do not believe all assisting is for free

It Department is run by an uneducated manager with temper issuesd

I have been working at Landmark Education

Pros

Short work hours, centrally located office

Cons

Team is unmotivated and technology is outdated

Excellent training methodolgy to get us know who we are as a possibility and the difference we make.

Former Employee - Team I Team Leader  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Team I Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Landmark Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

powerful disticntions in the curriculum for living and communication courses

Cons

over- permissible, they permit everyone adn embrace everything, even in the case of immorality

make sure your participants in the program have power evident in their lives to excell and achieve goals for themselves and not just for the enterprise.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Empowering training modality that is mostly still the creation of Werner Erhard

Former Employee - Undisclosed  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Undisclosed in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Landmark Education full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunity to get trained in growth and development. The trainings are really valuable, but you really do need a senior graduate as a guide to assist you in staying out of trouble.

Cons

Not a great place to work if you are not a member of the governing inner circle. Some real brutal power and status hungry people work here, although they are trying to put on a nicer face.

Pay your talent what they are worth, and empower them to make their full contribution. Cut through the huge lie in the space about who REALLY has the say at Landmark, this is not actually an employee run company in the true spirit of the idea.

Work 60 - 70 Hours A Week, Terrible Managers Who Bully You, For Really Low Pay

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Landmark Education full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Their education programs are great
    Great Customers

Cons

Low pay, just above minimum wage
    Work 60 to 70 hours a week
    Managers tell you what to do, how to do it, when to do it.
    You are always the problem not them
    You are always not performing to their standards and then the standard always change
    You are yelled at and threatened
    The quality of the people who work there is very low, given the working conditions
    Customer Service is really bad
    The systems and process are 30 years old
    All the Managers are over 45 and there a few young people working there

Create a new business model that is relevent to this century and change the culture of the company.

Overworked, underpaid, verbally abused

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Landmark Education full-time

Pros

This company really does make a difference with it's programs - I've been through them and recommend them to everyone I can. Their partner company (Vanto group) has been responsible for transformational work in South Africa, and in several big companies. When you're an employee the courses are free, and you have access to several highly trained faculty members who really do help their colleagues succeed.

Cons

The head of my division yelled at me on a daily basis. I earned a barely livable hourly wage and was forced under threat of termination to work over 70 hours/week. I wasn't allowed to take more than one consecutive day off each week without express written permission, nor was I allowed to leave before 7pm unless I had a good reason. When the company was audited by the EDD I was coached on what to say and how to say it if I was asked about my time sheets, and my time and days off. For a company with so many tools regarding communication and empowerment, they do a lousy job of demonstrating those values in the workplace. I was also prohibited from taking trainings at any other company, and was regularly told that my point of view was "bull$**!"

Try practicing what you preach.

Cool place to work to get trained in the Landmark lingo, nothing more

Former Employee - International Accounting Administrator  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - International Accounting Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Landmark Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

- CFO at the time was laid back, had a good deal to teach, and had your back
    - A somewhat transformed workplace, or at least there was the possibility of having those kinds of conversations.
    - No micro-managing, I was proud to work there, and it was a great stepping stone into other jobs.

Cons

- Terrible pay, I worked 55 hours a week for minium wage for 2 1/2 years
    - The Executives yell, a lot, and call it being fully self expressed
    - Holding someone accountable that was a 'higher- up' meant you were going to get your ass handed back to you and then it would somehow turn into you being out of integrity

Pay your employees better it will cut down on turnover, allow your employees to participate in other training and development programs outside of Landmark, and have your Executives treat others with respect and dignity. They're not God.

Mixed Bag of Tricks

Former Employee - Participation Department  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Participation Department in Chicago, IL

I worked at Landmark Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing training & development, empowering community of individuals and teams, great opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

Poor customer service, negligent and unhealthy environment of long hours and low pay, misuse of volunteers, poor example of company's own philosophy.

Let go of the old way of thinking. Create healthy business hours for staff and increase pay. Allow forms of creative contribution from staff. Let teams mold the enterprise instead of the other way around. "Using people up" doesn't have to include zapping them out. If they are nourished, while being "used up", they become a never-ending wealth of information, knowledge, support, marketing and word-of-mouth, etc. Leave them zapped, they won't come back, and the word gets out fast.

good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Landmark Education

Pros

Landmark Educations products are excellent.

Cons

Long hours and average pay

More work life balance

Abundance of knowledge

I worked at Landmark Education part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can have everthing you want through this education

Cons

No Cons to this is a surprise

Worked for Landmark Education? Contribute to the Community!