Landmark Group

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

CEO

Pros
  • Healthy Work Environment, Career Growth, Employee Recognition, Brand Associated with Name (in 2 reviews)

• This company gave me a chance to come to Dubai, for which I will be very thankful always (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a great place for beginners as of now but will evolve to be a great one (in 2 reviews)

• Very less interaction between various concepts which results in duplication of resources (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

If you love feeling like part of the family,

Current Employee - RN Unit Manager in Dublin, VA
    Current Employee - RN Unit Manager in Dublin, VA

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people there feel like an extension of your family. Every one comes together and works well as a team to care for the residents, and we all take ownership and our invested in the well being and care everyone deserves.

Cons

As anywhere when it involves people taking care of people, we're only human and not everything can go as planned.

Know what everyone in your facility job description is and how it should be done and how much time warranted to accomplish it.

Excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Accountant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Accountant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Multicultural environment, Highly professional management
    Team members are friendly and helpful.

Cons

No serious problems faced so far.

Review

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good colleagues - good management

Cons

No career growth - a little cheap when it comes to salaries - the work can take your whole day and weekends some times.

1) Set a clear salary structure.
    2) Provide the staff with a JD and a proper induction.
    3) provide the staff with their basic needs (break room with the basics "coffee & tea" - smoking area)

Outstanding Team

Current Employee - Senior Cashier in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Senior Cashier in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Landmark is a multinational company and well recognize in Middle East. It has more than 50 business and customer service concepts which provides a wide range of career opportunities.

Cons

Promotions and appraisals are not really considered on the basis of performance, it is on how many years an employee working with. It disappoints new joined employee who have a ability to do well.

Employees are the most effective and sensitive aspect of business. If you can make them feel the job or responsibilities are there own, if you can make them feel the company is their own, it is more effective than million dirhams advertising.

Would not recommend expats to join the company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time

Pros

1) Large group with strong presence in the GCC
    2) HR is attempting to implement changes (see Cons)

Cons

1) No work-life balance. Absolutely none. Employee feels enslaved by the company
    2) Very tough environment for expats to work in. Culture is very different than that of Europe and the US
    3) Micromanaged throughout
    4) Management is resistant of HR's efforts to implement changes
    5) Culture of fear and lack of transparency is prevalent throughout the company

Treat your employees well. Strong leaders create more leader and don't stifle creativity.

Its my pride and honor to be a Landmarker... More than work, it also thought me how to grow an an individual.

Current Employee - Marketing Executibve in Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Marketing Executibve in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company led me explore my skils in BTL activities and events. It gave me a chance to discover my leadership skills. The peers are wonderful teachers. They helped me groomed and enhance my skill sets and use them to the fullest.

Cons

Ratio of Pay offs v/s Job pressure is unbalanced.

The Cons can be looked upon.

Most sycophant HR team. Worst company to work with

Current Employee - Planning Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Planning Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For sure, u get ur salaries on time. albeit lowest in the industry. big group, big name

Cons

unprofessional organisation. the company picks u up on cheap salaries. If u r in need, they pick u up. but if u r talented and not in dire need. don't go for it. landmark promotes and hires mediocre talent. the company in not technically savvy and u loose ur competitiveness in long run (yes, me being the case). but i have kept myself busy and kept upgrading my knowledge.

Management is thriving on sycophant HR guys, who talk what the management wants to hear. That's the reason, ur attrition is high. This company grew exponentially, when competition in the region was zilch. now with competition getting into thick of action, u r already feeling the heat. advice - please nurture right talent and pay them well. dont merely ivest in brick n morter, invest in real asset, your people.

Tread carefully! Lifestyle is the worst company to join (in Landmark Group), EVER.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Landmark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company gave me a chance to come to Dubai, for which I will be very thankful always. They have a string presence in the Gulf market. Everybody knows about the company name, which is good. It is a well established brand / chain of stores.

Cons

Although other verticals are good, Lifestyle is the most pathetic brand to work with, ever. Crappy management, hire and fire situations, no growth, no work culture and worst thing being, they have no respect for people whatsoever. anybody can be thrown out at any time. Join any other brand of Landmark Group but never join Lifestyle, unless you want to have some adventure with your career.

Lots of office politics, only those who can do buttering of CEO and higher management can survive. Honest workers shall be very disappointed. Any policy can change at any time and to suit the management, no clear data on profits and sharing, which was promised while joining, never got a raise and never got any bonus, because I did my work with utmost conviction and being true to myself and me team. I never did any show off that hey! Look at me I am loud and I am working, so give me a raise, instead I wanted my work to speak for myself, and I was so wrong. I wish I had those vamp like qualities, I could definitely survive here.

Please never ever join Lifestyle, this is my advise to you. If you do, do it at your own risk and have aback up plan ready.

Please stop sucking your employees blood, they are humans too. And for a change, take a stand and for gods sake, speak few words to motivate them, that's the least you can do. Don't just try and save your job and play with your team, guide them better and get a life, seriously! Shouting at employees all the time will not make you a great leader.

Career's

Current Employee - Retail in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Retail in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Systems
    Good Cultural Values
    Great place to learn

Cons

Lot of hindrances
    Delayes in processing

System to be Equal for every person without favouritim

LAnmark group

Current Employee - Inventory Planner in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Inventory Planner in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Landmark Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

its a good co with good people and sound position in market

Cons

shall know how to tackle situations in the

management is good