Landor Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
84 reviews filtered by
2.4
Lois Jacobs

Pros
  • Creative and talented employees (in 5 reviews)

• Great clients, good work/life balance, good people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Wall Street should be asking if it are getting its money's worth with the current leadership team in place (in 7 reviews)

• Spends too much on senior management and not enough on middle management (in 7 reviews)

1. Great company to learn

Current Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Landor

Pros

Love the people here, very creative and friendly. Great company to work for with a great culture. Work with major brands across CPG, financial services, and local organizations.

Cons

Can be political to get on high-profile projects. As is common within this industry, if the company loses a major client, things can get unstable rather quickly.

Sinking Ship

I have been working at Landor

Pros

There are still a couple of people there that are good, hard working people. But they are outnumbered.

Cons

Leadership is in their own bubble, Leadership is dated and acts like they have been given tenure. "We drive profit by driving you in the ground"

Would benefit from stronger leadership

I worked at Landor

Pros

Amazing talent, history and client portfolio. Lots to be proud of.

Cons

During tough times not financially being able to give salary increases, however somehow manage to find a way to payout bonuses to select top tier executives. Is that really the message you want to send to everyone? What does that say about how thre company values and treats employees? Hmmm...not cool.

Recognize and reward those that perform. If you must payout bonuses however you've justified it need to be done, maybe reduce the amounts across the board to allow for funds to be distributed to those that deserve a salary bump.

Fabulous!

I worked at Landor

Pros

Loved the people and the process - combination of creative and strategic thinking was fun and outstanding. Worked with some of the smartest people ever.

Cons

Male-oriented when I was there. Need to reward the great women there more.

Recognize those who work the hardest, regardless of sex.

Going. Going. Gone. Sorry Walter!

I worked at Landor

Pros

Used to be a good credential to have on your resume. Used to be.

Cons

Leadership is the worst money can buy. Dinosaurs. Short-term thinkers. Brown-nosers and politicians. Only focused on the ever-sinking financials, and how to shore things up for their individual political gain. No authority to do what should be done to turn this ship around. So far behind now in terms of thinking, competencies, talent, and competitiveness, it's time to scuttle the boat. No digital or social media competency. No research capability or POV to speak of. Weak strategic thinking, methodologies, tools and frameworks. Now promoting "agile" brands - the soup du jour. More meaningless nonsense as cosmetic ground cover. Current and prospective clients should be forewarned - no value here, particularly for their over-priced services. New talent beware - you are wasting your time for low wages and no career path. Landor is a "paper plate" sweatshop - use you, and then toss you out. Don't be fooled by their brand. Trending down and out.

There is no sense trying to advise management. They don't listen. But then again, they think they're the smartest people on the planet, so they don't need advice. Good luck Lois! Your best talent has sailed on.

Didn't realize you could be treated this poorly by an employer

I worked at Landor

Pros

People - made really strong connections with coworkers as we bonded over horrible treatment by company

Cons

Everything aside from the friends I made was a disaster at this company

Needs help

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Landor

Pros

Employees are talented and nice.

Cons

Management needs to listen to employees and treat them better.

Not worth it.

9. Awesome clients, opportunity to shine, can make client impact

Former Employee - ACD in New York, NY
    Former Employee - ACD in New York, NY

I worked at Landor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strategy-driven design, talent-level, diverse employee types

Cons

Sluggish leadership, could not ignite passion, too comfortable

Reinvention and invest in talent, old ways not the best ways, engage your employees

10. High standards, smart crew, great design and business thinking.

I worked at Landor

Pros

High level of design quality, intelligent business thinking, very holistic approach to branding. Overall, really great people to work with: professional, yet fun-loving crew.

Cons

Only con was one bad apple in satellite office who made life miserable for many people. That office doesn't exist anymore.

Ensure that smaller offices have diverse portfolio of clients.

New Leadership - Poor Future

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Landor part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Was once a good name to have on resume as a designer.

Cons

From what I hear the company was once amazing. Been here just shy of two years. The general feeling is the new Leadership Team has run the company into the ground in under a year. Sadly I was never able to see things in the glory days long timers talk about. In the short time I was here I saw a definite turn in morale and attitude once the new duo (CEO/CFO) came into power. Things really started to tank. It's all about the bottom line. Cut slash and repeat. Sad to see a company in dire straights like this. My gut tells me these two and the Talent Officer haven't a clue how to run a company except from an Excel sheet. Never had any face to face time with any of them however they seem to run the company based on fear alone. When they would come to my office I would do everything in my power to avoid them. Sad to watch staff turn and walk the other way out of fear or more so disgust. The three leaders came into the company roughly at the beginning of 2014 and so far it''s not looking good. It was actually better when there was no CEO vs once the new CEO Lois came into control. I would steer clear of this company. It's simply been sucked into a bigger conglomerate that only know's how to derail a company.

New Leadership team cares about no one except themselves. Not about company, not about the brand, not about a single sole.