Landor Reviews

Updated April 12, 2015
88 reviews filtered by

1. High standards, smart crew, great design and business thinking.

I worked at Landor

Pros

High level of design quality, intelligent business thinking, very holistic approach to branding. Overall, really great people to work with: professional, yet fun-loving crew.

Cons

Only con was one bad apple in satellite office who made life miserable for many people. That office doesn't exist anymore.

Advice to Management

Ensure that smaller offices have diverse portfolio of clients.

New Leadership - Poor Future

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Landor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was once a good name to have on resume as a designer.

Cons

From what I hear the company was once amazing. Been here just shy of two years. The general feeling is the new Leadership Team has run the company into the ground in under a year. Sadly I was never able to see things in the glory days long timers talk about. In the short time I was here I saw a definite turn in morale and attitude once the new duo (CEO/CFO) came into power. Things really started to tank. It's all about the bottom line. Cut slash and repeat. Sad to see a company in dire straights like this. My gut tells me these two and the Talent Officer haven't a clue how to run a company except from an Excel sheet. Never had any face to face time with any of them however they seem to run the company based on fear alone. When they would come to my office I would do everything in my power to avoid them. Sad to watch staff turn and walk the other way out of fear or more so disgust. The three leaders came into the company roughly at the beginning of 2014 and so far it''s not looking good. It was actually better when there was no CEO vs once the new CEO Lois came into control. I would steer clear of this company. It's simply been sucked into a bigger conglomerate that only know's how to derail a company.

Advice to Management

New Leadership team cares about no one except themselves. Not about company, not about the brand, not about a single sole.

Feeling undervalued at Landor Associates

Current Employee - Reception/Studio Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Reception/Studio Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Landor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Community is the number one benefit at Landor. You work with and encounter some fantastic people. Some great creative minds have graced this studio, it's great to see them in action at their best.

Cons

Administration is too watered down under Y&R and WPP. Very difficult to be on a career path, receive feedback, have goals set. Among some of the lowest paying creative positions in the industry.

Advice to Management

Show employees appreciation in the way that speaks loudest: Through compensation.

5. Great team, good clients but a resource deficit due to people leaving

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Landor full-time

Pros

Great Team, smart and experienced people to work with.
    The company still as a good name within the industry.

Cons

Resourcing problems cause a high work load.

Advice to Management

Resource Management

Sadly broken

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Landor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Had the privilege to work with some amazing, creative, smart people. Unfortunately, that talent continues to vote with its feet and mostly no longer works there.

Cons

Top management is inscrutable, cold and distant. Executives work in apprehension of rebuke, and manage their teams from that place of fear. Employees are resources traded and exchanged on a spreadsheet. Clients are desperately serviced against budget, rather than actual challenge or need.

Advice to Management

Get off the ship - it’s a tired story and has long since sailed. Invest in your employees and develop 21st century capabilities such as social branding, digital experience, research and metrics. Find collaborative, gifted motivators to lead and harness the talent you have left. Service your clients with a passion for branding, not the bottom line.

7. I have been working at Landor

Pros

Really enjoy working in a team setting

Cons

I don't like how they are owned by WPP, they drag out employment changes.

Get out while you still can.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Landor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People. You meet some really great people at Landor. I consider more than a few my family at this point.

The Landor name will get you out to where you need to be in life. Living wage, respect, trust in your work, etc. Too bad Landor has no clue how to harness it. They get the talent, but can't keep it. But even that is fading now. When you're unable to even keep prospective interns from laughing in your face at the pay offering, it might be time to hang up your hat.

Cons

Oh god. Management. Please someone hire a single qualified soul. Please someone help management learn how to do what we do, not just talk about it in vague buzzwordy generalities. Please stop the p3nis measuring with the Silicon Valley clients. We're not big data. We don't even have a research department anymore. You let them all walk away, remember?

Advice to Management

Management: if you already know everything about branding, the creative process and how to execute it, why have employees? Get rid of the deadweight. Run the show yourselves.

Stop asking for our help if you're just going to 11th hour sh1t on it after not being involved with the client for 12 weeks.

Think. Just think to yourselves. Is it....maybe....as crazy as you may think it is....REMOTELY possible that the employees also care about the client, the work and their reputation? You ask us, "if Walter were alive today, would he have hired you?"

Look at your P&Ls. Look at the voluntary exodus in SF, Cinci and NY.

Management: If Walter were alive today, he would have not only not hired you, he would have shot you.

Not what it used to be

I worked at Landor

Pros

Great, fun, talented people makes it a place nice place to go to in the morning.

Cons

Management, doesn't real listen to it's employees. There have been some major changes there in recent years. No Raises...many people are leaving because of it.

Advice to Management

They should go back to how it used to be.

Mismanaged into irrelevancy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Landor

Pros

Hard-working, talent but under-appreciated rank and file employees who try to succeed in spite of complete lack of vision at top levels.

Cons

Senior management is one of the worst in the business. The executive level is incompetent, arrogant and disconnected.

Wall Street should be asking if it are getting its money's worth with the current leadership team in place.

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who is competent do your job for you.

Great people, challenged leadership team

I have been working at Landor

Pros

Great people, interesting work. Landor has a unique culture and a global presence

Cons

Leadership team here is unstable. The NYC office tends to coast on the Landor brand name and its quality of work is most likely declining over time

Advice to Management

Encourage more development from within