Landry's

Updated July 29, 2014

2.2

Landry's Chairman, President, and CEO Tilman J. Fertitta
Tilman J. Fertitta

Pros
  • Flexible Schedule, good entry level restaurant job extensive training (in 5 reviews)

• Great location and also discounts on food (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I reported issues with my GM to upper management who seemed to take action but these this was all smoke & mirrors (in 10 reviews)

• No work life balance or quality of life (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Service company

Current Employee - Waiter  in  Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Waiter in Katy, TX

Pros

Working at one of the Restaurants, Babin's, has given me the opportunity to improve upon my overall serving skills and allowed me to develop communication and sales skills. I feel that what I have learned at my establishment shall assist me in my degree of Supply Chain Management.

Cons

Sometimes the management culture isn't reflective of the vision of the General Manager. Sometimes it's difficult to implement lean six sigma recommendations at the actual restaurant.

Be able to get everyone on the same page and through more team based Management activities in order to promote harmony among the team.

Hostess

Current Employee - Hostess  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Hostess in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Landry's is a great company and does offer many ways to move up within the company. They also allow you to change your hours after being with them for a while.

Cons

There can be long hours, but they tell you upfront what is expected. Sometimes you are asked to stay a little later if it is very busy.

Continue being awesome and helping out your staff.

A wonderful experience,I enjoyed working there because it was a friendly environment.

Former Employee - Foodrunner/Busboy  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Foodrunner/Busboy in Miami, FL

Pros

Team work is exhibited in a fast pace organized fashion,from employees to management the entire staff comes together to make sure that the guest are happy and satisfied with the service they recieve. Great location and also discounts on food.

Cons

No lunch breaks, Always busy, on your feet for entire shift.

I enjoyed being a foodrunner/busboy while working for a management staff that takes pride in their work. I appreciate the opportunity and I most certainly would not mind working at the Crab House Restaurant again.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Current Employee - Hostess  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Hostess in New Orleans, LA

Pros

I get 50% off my food.

Cons

It gets really busy sometimes.

food

Current Employee - Waitress
    Current Employee - Waitress

Pros

Good money, good food, good atmosphere

Cons

strict, but needs to be to make customers happy

none

The management training I received with Rainforest Cafe (Landrys) was gave me a career.

Former Employee - Assistant Retail Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Retail Manager

Pros

The strong cross training there gives you the confidence to walk into a less structured environment and create order and systems in place. They actually care about Guest First Service.When I have applied for other jobs employers are attracted to my Rainforest background because they know I will be hard working.

Cons

They are a strict workplace but rules are enforced fairly.For units with tourist based business hours can drop off in September,October and January.

Communicate to hourly staff about slow business cycles so they can plan better with their living expenses. Be more flexible with hourly staff that work two jobs or have child care commitments.

landry's

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

flexible schedule was great for me

Cons

gets really busy during night services

take more time to listen to employees

Saltgrass Steakhouse is good.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess in Katy, TX

Pros

It has a nice atmosphere, the managers not only try but do make things work smoothly, you get a decent amount of hours, they work diligently with trainees, and the pay is pretty decent. All of the staff is over all friendly.

Cons

It is a little too uptight and you can usually see it in the employees faces. The other employees are too concerned about the other employees rather than the customers. There is not enough team work involved unless requested by managers.

The managers could speak up a little more with constructive criticism. You need to open up more to the clientele, it seems to me that you don't usually notice the customers are there unless you are called upon and then still have your employees on your mind.

Great company to work for with good leadership and employee concern.

Current Employee - Server  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Lewisville, TX

Pros

Very well established company with good management and leadership. Discount on dining and hotel accommodations. Easy transferability within company. Treated with respect and excellent training. Permanent but flexible scheduling for servers. Monthly performance reviews and rankings allow fast movement up to higher income potential. Professional and personal management at my location.

Cons

Incomplete benefits package for hourly tipped employees. Not full medical coverage but more of a supplemental help out. Very high turnover at restaurant level, but this is an industry-wide problem. No idea about possibilities for advancement or promotion. Company goals or vision are not made clear at the restaurant level.

To get more involved in educating all employees about what is going on in the company. Making a clearer vision for the company apparent.

great place to work for, good management, excellent work atmosphere, great pay and wonderful progression. i recommend it

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Galveston, TX

Pros

promotion, pay, co-workers, atmosphere, work-life balance, atmosphere, package, overall, nice place to grow and learn professionally, everything was great

Cons

nothing, no cons to list everything was great

none, no advice to management-- very helpful and good.

Worked for Landry's? Contribute to the Community!