Lands' End Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014

Lands' End President & CEO Edgar Huber
Edgar Huber

Pros
  • Full health facility, good work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• The fitness center is awesome, in theory, since most never get a chance to actually use it (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It is somewhat difficult to get full time positions (in 6 reviews)

• You may have to work part-time hours after the peak season if there aren't any permanent shifts available (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Employees love the brand but current environment has created mass exodus

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lands' End full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-co workers
    -great brand
    -on a path of growth and success

Cons

-culture rewards $$ success only at the top
    - management has unrealistic expectations
    -limited resources
    -employees over worked and under valued

Upper management is new & does not understand or follow lands' end standards that we have followed as years.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Lands' End full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The family atmosphere
    fun
    great fellow associates

Cons

They are not promoting from within. many of us have been with the company for 5 or more years and are still just associates.

Raises! You will loose good employees that are doing your job & making you look good.

Wonderful Place to Work - Until Sears took it over

Former Employee - Sales in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Lands' End full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Coworkers were amazing and the clothes are great and comfortable. No hard sell techniques. No drama. Phenomenal employee discounts!

Cons

Once Sears took over, the quality of the products went way down. The overall atmosphere changed. It was all about selling the most you can in the first customer visit instead of nurturing long time customer loyalty. Eventually the store closed.

Bring back the quality Lands' End is famous for and remember the core values.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Order Filler in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Employee - Order Filler in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Every employee is treated like a valued member of the team. Management follows up on suggestions and concerns. Employees are also paid very well and offered an attractive benefit package.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to get full time positions. You may have to work part-time hours after the peak season if there aren't any permanent shifts available. However, you will love working there as a temp or full-timer because you will be treated as a valued member of the team.

A company trying to figure out its way.

Former Employee - Intern in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Employee - Intern in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There were some wonderful people and great potential. With an investment infusion aimed at talent, good times could roll again.

Cons

In Sears' effort to drive bottom line revenue, they stripped the company of most of what made it special. It's a shell of Gary Comer's creation.

Rediscover the core of what made Lands' End special. Go back to the core principals with truly quality clothing.

Overall Good Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Stevens Point, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Lands' End part-time (less than an year)

Pros

For a college student it had great pay and benefits. The management was great too and you could tell they really cared about the well being of their employees. The work environment was also nice and friendly.

Cons

At times it can be very busy and stressful. There are not too many options for career advancement but it was alright for a seasonal job.

Great products in need of management stability

Former Employee - Graduate Intern in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Employee - Graduate Intern in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well structured graduate internship program with senior management visibility.

Cons

Management continues to change, year after year.

Stabilize company and establish long-term strategy.

Great place to work, not much advancement

I have been working at Lands' End part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, products are phenomenal, and I enjoy the people I get to know on a personal level that shop here

Cons

Unfortunately, there has been much change within the company that hasn't been for the better (at least in the end of the associates who work in store not corporate level)

Figure out the way the sales are set up and have more open communication with employees within the stores (remember they are what keeps this company running)

Don't work for.Business Outfitters !!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Lands' End part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay and coworkers were the best part of the job. Business Outfitters was less tedious than the "CORE" side. Casual work attire was great.

Cons

LEBO Management very rude and condescending. Employees only get 1 half hour break per shift. Bathroom breaks are timed. They will alter your stats if they don't like you. Leads are very unprofessional i.e.talk in detail female issues as well as gossip about employees to other employees who are their favorites. There was also a bonus program but my lead did not tell a fellow co-worker until the coworker noticed it on her check. It would have been nice to know.

Upper management: Leads should be more knowledgeable about the jobs they lead and less concerned with gossip. Get rid of leads such as Bambi, Becky, and look at how some SP leads operate. They are unprofessional and will openly gossip about other employees with employees. They need to learn to leave their personal lives at the door. Also the "six-blocking" training program does not work.

Lost its way

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Stevens Point, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Lands' End part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only benefit I took from working at Lands' End Business Outfitters was that I became good friends with a lot of coworkers. Something to keep in mind... a good portion of our employee 'bonding' was discussing all the cons of the business. See below.

Cons

*The majority of leads are not properly trained and unintelligent. Our bathroom breaks are timed, yet myself and another coworker set a timer once, wherein we timed two leads talking about their vacations during non-break hours. It was a few seconds short of 45 minutes.
    *Mediocre benefit packages
    *Little room for advancement (And none if you don't kiss a little butt.)
    *Clear favoritism
    *Full of politics.
    *Shady management. They currently have a lawsuit pending on them for firing an employee using sick hours when he was home with the flu.
    *Cutting corners money wise, which ultimately is taken from the sales representatives (Bonuses, raises, etc.)
    *Poorly micromanaged.

Hire (and train) some professional, responsible, fresh blood who understand the "6-Block", can accurately apply it, and aim to educate and advise their staff.

Lands' End Photos