Landsafe

Updated Feb 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cindy Sweatman

Great pay, benefits. Poor advancement or job training.

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Landsafe full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe pay and team environment were the only reasons I stayed as long as I did. The benefits offered to employees were also adequate for our share of the expenses.

ConsNo room for advancement. Management was constantly letting you know what you needed to do to move up, but when you consistently demonstrated those traits, there was never any positions opened up. Requests to transfer out were routinely denied for no reason.

My experience at Landsafe was good.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Landsafe as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe best reason to work at Landsafe was experience.

ConsThe down side to working at Landsafe was full time/part-time availbility.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking in teams is great advice.

Good Environment

Escrow Specialist (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Landsafe as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCasual Environment. Team Leads are knowledgeable and helpful. Team culture where people do pitch in to help one another. Ability for associate to take on the degree of responsibility with which they are comfortable.

ConsRules are many and often confusing and petty. Company employs hundreds but does not seem to keep a database of employees and skills. Does not hire from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook employee skills in different departments before you look outside to hire.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful, with long hours, secrecy, misleading management, worst employer ever.

Senior Staff Appraiser (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Landsafe full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPaid well if you worked 7 days a week.

ConsLack of support, long hours without compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Treat employees like employees now "workers"

Do not work here, Look elsewhere

Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Ownership & Encumbrance Team) (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at Landsafe

ProsThey offer alot of shift choices, from early morning shifts to grave yard shifts. - They have an ergonomics team

ConsAlot of favoritism - Management is not accountable for their actions - Management is poorly qualified - Alot of dress code violations(as in people coming to work dressed for a club) - The "Free" coffee is only rationed out to some people -

Advice to Senior ManagementChose people that actually know what they are talking about and doing to be managers. Don't just pick friends off the street.

They have competitive compensation for fee appraisers but lack congratulatory communication and have harsh penalties.

I have been working at Landsafe

ProsThey provide fair compensation in an industry where fairness is a low priority and the bottom line of the company trumps all in an absurd fashion. They are an AMC (appraisal management company).

ConsThe penalty for fee panel appraisers can include suspensions for 6 months or a year based on reviews of your work from individuals outside your market area. The feedback is minimal and your responses to the reviews are analyzed by the same person who is recommending that you be reprimaned (lacks checks and balances) this gives the impression of a lack of fairness without a focus towards development.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should provide feedback to the fee panel, and a equitable distribution of assignments within the tier system rather than the adverstised order system.

Worked for Landsafe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Landsafe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Landsafe CEO Cindy Sweatman. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Landsafe employees.