Landshire Reviews

Accounting

Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Landshire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun office to work in. You are left to do your job and managers are there if you need anything. Also, you get to eat as many sandwiches as you want while you are working. You only have to pay $1.00 each week. The office is in a fun area on Laclede's Landing and parking is provided, which is great! Everyone seems to get along and have fun. The office has a good culture and you can wear jeans to work, which is nice.

Cons

Driving on the cobblestones on The Landing is annoying. With the construction downtown, it can cause some traffic, but that will be over with eventually. Overall, there aren't any serious cons that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. It is nice to not be micromanaged.

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Route Sales Person in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Person in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Landshire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so happy working at Landshire. I am on my own and get to be outside everyday. I like talking to my customers and seeing different people throughout the day. Managers are support me and my route. I've been in route sales for most my working life and this has been the best experience yet

Cons

Traffic and when weather is really bad is a struggle To get to all the accounts. You met all types of people and some are just not very nice. I've learned how to deal with it but some days it can get under my skin.

Advice to Management

Send us to the home office more than one time a year to meet everyone, your the manufacturing facility and train.

3. Rewarding great experience

Current Employee - Dsd in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Dsd in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landshire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4 day week flexibility, pay

Cons

Hours, dress code, early shift

Advice to Management

Keep on

5. STAY AWAY!!!

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Hampton, VA

I worked at Landshire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can eat a sandwich.

Cons

Six weeks of training that is unnecessary if you are experienced. Breathe down your neck during training and won't get out of your way when you are trying to work. Handheld is archaic. They want you to be independent self starter but won't let you make any decisions or communicate with you. If you try and discuss a problem with them they don't listen. They just keep everything the same and more or less say just deal with it. You work 14 plus hours a day and they still want more. After you are hired that is when they tell you that you are going to have to stay overnights in a hotel. It doesn't matter that you aren't able to do so because you are single and have responsibilities at home that you have to be home every night for.

Advice to Management

Listen to people. You had what you wanted and let it slip away due to lack of caring.

6. Don't waste your time.

Former Employee - Route Salesperson in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Route Salesperson in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Landshire full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most employees are hard working decent people.

Cons

Disconnect between workforce and upper management. Upper management likes to pretend that Landshire is an enormous corporation.Landshire is family owned and every family member is nursing from the company teat while producing very little. Goals set by corporate management are not realistic. Low level managers are poorly trained by under-qualified. mid level managers.

Advice to Management

Grow up and do your job. Pay closer attention to the people who are being placed in positions of authority. Mid and low-level managers are dishonest about goings-on in operations. Get off your butts and into the market more than once every few years.

7. Driver

Former Employee - Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Driver in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Landshire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food is the only pro.

Cons

Working 65+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

Spread the work around.

8. This Company is very easy going

Current Employee - Route Salesperson in Warrensburg, MO
    Current Employee - Route Salesperson in Warrensburg, MO

I have been working at Landshire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a real physical job. If you can drive a small box truck and can withstand the cold cooler temperatures anyone can do this.

Cons

Management is lazy and seems to be okay with bare minimum results. Communication between management and Route Salesperson is non existent.

Advice to Management

Weekly meeting with Route Salesperson with some goals to work towards.

9. Very challenging,I took on a broken down job with no advancement ever to be had.

Former Employee - Ruote Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Ruote Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Insurance was cheap Gaining great experience on how to run a business Love going to work everyday Loved the Customers

Cons

Not getting a company cell phone Managing a business without Manager Pay Theirs only 24 hours in a day Tired of being in a fog

Advice to Management

I loved my job as a Route Sales Representative. But I cannot be everybody.I feel sorry for your new guy,Now he's your everybody a 1 man show.Even I know in a business that I owned I'm not SUPERMAN and I tried to save money and do it all myself. I couldn't .I had to hire a couple people to keep my sanity and business a flout.

10. Good place to work

I worked at Landshire full-time

Pros

decent pay Good benefits and retirement

Cons

long hours sometimes sadly understaffed to the point of stressful

11. not to good

Current Employee - Route Salesman
    Current Employee - Route Salesman

Pros

your left alone to do your job. you are your own boss as long as there is no call in

Cons

if a customer calls in its your fault no matter if you are doing what your boss told you to do. if you tell managment that the way they are telling you to do something is wrong or a better way to do it your told to do what you were told they know best.

Advice to Management

listen to your route salesman and quit trying to cram so much product into every store. have better comunication. you have computers but don't let the salesman know what's happening in a timely manner. your computer system is out dated and the support system for it only has two people.that aren't at work until 8 am central time, when the route salesman are starting work at 4 am or earlier.

RSS Feed </> Embed