Lane Bryant Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Linda Heasley

Pros
  • Employee discount was the biggest advantage working for the company (in 28 reviews)

• Great discount love most of the customer's time off when asked for flexible schedule (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is obsessed with pushing credit cards (in 35 reviews)

• I'm not going to drive 45 minutes to work minimum wage for 4 hours (in 16 reviews)

1. Assistant Buyer

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and exciting. You face different challenges everyday which makes for an interesting work day. The people are work with are very nice and supportive of one another.

Cons

Can be a stressful environment, like any job. Office politics can be frustrating, but for the most part, everyone I work with is great.

Advice to Management

Support all members of team equally. Give constructive criticism and give praise when deserved, It is so important to keep up team morale.

2. Great place to work!

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers worked with my schedule. This helped a lot as I was working 2 jobs at this time. Great team environment!

Cons

Working in the stock room wasn't my favorite. No room to move in the stock area. Changed the store front way too much!

Advice to Management

Encourage your employees!

3. Looking

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lakewood, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lakewood, WA

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people i work with and the clients. Im treared very well

Cons

Sometimes the manager. The pay and everyone treated fairly. Training could be a lot better and everyone trained and respect.

Advice to Management

Listen and try and help

5. Sales associate PT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

With experience they pay you more.

Cons

Unfriendly managers and no good leader.

6. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Coworkers. Great benefits, Fun environment

Cons

Difficult to get preferred schedules, lots of pressure to open in store credit accounts.

7. Part Time Sales Associate

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, Customer relation skills have an incredible chance to skyrocket; Recognition for work, Cycles store functions so you're not the only person who knows/does a job; Encourages Employee Feedback; Great job for starting retail; Extremely Diverse Clothing Line;

Cons

Horrible Hours; Multiple Part Time Associates with open availability; Poor management of Schedules; A lot of kinks to their computer systems; Lack of Petite Clothing; Inconsistent Shipment; Occasionally Overly Complex Window Displays; Outdated Mannequins; Lack of true Growth within the company; Over Priced Denim; Inconsistency between online and in-store coupons/sales; Frequently changing Coupon exclusions;

Advice to Management

Store would pull in an exceptional amount of business if they were to model more clothing after petite women.

8. Full Time Sales Leader

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, Good discount, Opportunities to move up

Cons

no support from company dealing with guest issue, little to no hours to complete tasks

Really good experience!

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

Pros

The people that you work with always make the job a lot better and a lot more fun. The management within the store was excellent. The leaders were there for the employees and you always felt comfortable going to them for advice, questions or concerns. It has been a while since I've been there but the discount on the merchandise (if you buy the clothes) was really really good...like one of the highest %'s off that I had heard of.

Cons

It has been a while since I've been there, but the salary was on the lower hourly wage $8-$9. Considering the merchandise can be pretty expensive, I think they can afford to increase that for their employees. They might have done so in recent years, if so, I applaud them for that.

Advice to Management

I'd like to have seen more leadership development and training for the part time staff.

10. Best job I've had in while

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Spanish Fort, AL
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Spanish Fort, AL

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was basically hired on the spot when I applied and brought back my application to the manager at the time. I had an interview with the assistant store manager the next day and she hired me right then and there. The interview wasn't that hard, just the same basic questions from what I remember like do you have retail experience/what would you do in this situation/your view of fashion etc. It was nice to working around other women who share the same kind of body size and also the 40% employee discount wasn't bad either.

Cons

Being put on fitting room duty as soon as I walked in the door during a busy time wasn't all that fun. Starting pay was only just barely above minimum wage and no benefits unless you were promoted full time. Definitely need more than one part time associate and a supervisor to run the store especially during peak hours.

Advice to Management

Need better loss prevention methods and limit the amount of clothes guests bring in to try on in the fitting rooms.

11. Moving in right direction

Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benifits, time off, pay, and company culture. Senior leadership is great and values feedback. Great strategy in place to move the brand forward.

Cons

Lack of store payroll to balance workload and service the client. Besides that not to many other cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed