Lane Bryant

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Linda Heasley

Pros
  • Employee discount was the biggest advantage working for the company (in 25 reviews)

• they have a great discount program and you can learn about new products and get those free (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for growth, not enough pay, lastly the pushing of the credit cards (in 28 reviews)

• No upper management in place when needed (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Love it

Proscustomers, co workers, discount,mall,beautiful clothes

Consretail hours, crabby customers, being on feet all day

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible scheduling,having the ability to make someone gain confidence

ConsSome of the customers are rude but it could be worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop picking favorites between co-workers.Working with all females can be tiring as is.District managers need to be more involved

Good for a resume builder

Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWork was simple, office as a whole had ice cream days and other events, understand the basic principles of merchandising

ConsDid not really learn anything about my major (merchandising), did a lot of busy work that was too easy/boring, did not feel like a member of the team

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for entry level employees at corporate offices

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice People

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Jacksonville, NC

ProsNice discount with a wide variety of stores. Management is nice and the coworkers are easy to get along with.

ConsCustomers can be needy. You have to learn how to bra fit and be comfortable with other women's bodies (only a con if this is something you are not ok with).

It's all about who you work with.

Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe company is great. Discount is awesome. If a policy is not being followed, they take that seriously. This protects the company and the rest of the associates at the same time. There is a lot of good benefits in place, including an internal scholarship for those associates going through hard times.

ConsPromotions only happen if there is a spot available. And promoting from within the company does not happen as much as hiring from outside the company. Raises happen about every two years, so minimum wage will catch up to you if you are making more. Corporate does not understand the balance of workload versus payroll that we are given. We cannot be the best customer champion if we have to focus on tasking.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo management higher than a district manager, work a day or a couple of days in the store. See what it actually takes to be at the store level and accomplish everything that is thrown at us. It is not just black and white, there is some blurred lines.

Not employee friendly

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsSome of the people are great to work with.

ConsThey will over look you for promotions time and time again. They don't help with applying for family aid or disability. The hours are 4 to 12 depending how well you sell credit card applications to customers.

Ok place to work very laid back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLimited opportunity for advancement in the company

ConsLaid back environment in the company

Don't bother with them

Lane Bryant (Former Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

ProsDiscounts...that was about it. The discount is 50%

ConsThey don't schedule you actual hours. You have 4 hour "on call shifts". I'm not going to drive 45 minutes to work minimum wage for 4 hours. They do a bag search when you leave the building since they do not have surveillance cameras. Since they only schedule 4 hour shifts they do not give you the option of a break.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more than minimum wage. The fact that I could literally walk to the next store over in the mall, say I was unhappy where I was and them to say if I started with them they would pay me $5 more if I started tomorrow was a opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Simple

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros* swim the best for plus
    * cacique is also best in the business
    * discount 45% **

Cons**however sales and customers coupons could out do associate discount at given times and we were unable to use said coupon
    **lack of true vision
    ** payroll to support goals and look of store

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicate to those who have ideas and passion to prove themselves in leadership roles

Not very equal.

Pt Manager (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsChance to earn more by up selling

ConsThey are unequal when it comes to male employees and managers. Require men to dress formal, while women can dress business casual. He isn't helpful. Every time someone walks in the door they are counted which goes into a report and you must sell to them. Only problem is when a family walks in or another family member walk in and out of the store several times.

Worked for Lane Bryant? Contribute to the Community!