Lane Bryant Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Linda Heasley

Pros
  • Employee discount was the biggest advantage working for the company (in 28 reviews)

• Great discount love most of the customer's time off when asked for flexible schedule (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is obsessed with pushing credit cards (in 35 reviews)

• I'm not going to drive 45 minutes to work minimum wage for 4 hours (in 16 reviews)

1. I love it here

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at lane Bryant for a few months now and I love it for the most part you get a great discount 50% for associate Appreciation Week and 40% for the rest of the month and the women that I work with are great and we all get along

Cons

The dress code is kind of annoying because they do you market their selves as a trendy company but you can't necessarily trust with the Trans you have to always wear blazer or some type of cover up even with maxi/sundresses also oftentimes corporate will send things to do at the last minute leaving everybody in the store stressed because the workload falls on us

2. Keyholder/Sales Leader

Current Employee - Keyholder/Sales Leader in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Keyholder/Sales Leader in Madison, WI

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn about latest fashion trends, especially plus-size fashion. Coworkers are fantastic. Dimes of the Heart program to give back to associates in need. Easy to move up to at least key-holder.

Cons

Company obsessively wants their associates to sell credit cards even though most people aren't interested in opening store cards anymore. Pay isn't great, very difficult to get raises because of monthly bonus program. Company can't seem to decide who their demographic is supposed to be. Awful work/life balance. Higher-up on most levels seems very passive-aggressive when addressing store issues. No benefits unless you're full-time.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has continued in a direction of growth since being purchased by Ascena a few years ago. Working towards making improvements for the client in fashion selection, marketing, and experience.

Cons

Too much change and growth at one time leaves the store leadership with their heads spinning. Large expectations regarding schedule, and execution not only by management team, but associates.

Advice to Management

There appears to be a lack of growth opportunity within the company. Once you have reached a certain level you top out, as they only promote to the district manager level from outside the company and in most cases without posting the open jobs. If you want growth opportunity past a store manager, not the right job for you. Expect a lot of constant change.

5. Good for Beginners

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers are patient Everyone pulls there own weight Great opportunities for customer interaction Plenty of associate discounts and "free" stuff ( you need to learn about any new item before you can actually get it--worth it.)

Cons

Tedious Weekdays often slow Not enough training/explanation about credits. Availabilities on weekends and holidays a must. Not knowing all the features for the store credit card.

Advice to Management

Praising, emphasis on good client experience, giving employees a thorough run down on what makes the store credit card worth the five minute application and the fine print.

Store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership. Benefits and bonuses are decent. Work/life balance is great. Love working for a company with great core values. And also great to work with a company with Linda Heasley as the CEO. She did wonders for The Limited and I worked there for years, and I'm now once again under her vision and direction. She will take this company far! Exciting times now and in the future!

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons. And the issues that I feel need improvement are being addressed so that's a positive. I think the technology and tools in the store are sorely antiquated and inefficient, but like I said - those are being addressed. I do worry about staying competitive in wages for my staff in the years to come with other companies already increasing minimum wage to $10/hour.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum up with all the positive changes!

7. Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job easy work people are okay easy shipment and sometimes the customers are a little crazy at times but it's okay.

Cons

People always calling out and store manager not doing her job she stays in the office a lot cause she don't want to do anything

Advice to Management

Do more work and not sitting in the office

8. Good part time job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Lane Bryant (Less than a year)

Pros

managers, co workers, overall great place to work, flexible hours

Cons

Not enough hours, not that many cons

9. good for college students who just need a LITTLE extra cash

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evans, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evans, CO

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great friendships and customer service training

Cons

horrible pay especially in management unless your a ssm

10. Key-Holder (Assistant Manager) Lane Bryant

Current Employee - Key Holder in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an incredible level of trust between workers and clients, and the brand standard is followed so people who are not there to work hard don't need to apply.

Cons

They try to please everyone, so I feel like our memos change weekly. This makes it confusing to the clients sometimes, so they get frustrated (ie. coupon policies changing monthly).

Advice to Management

My store is super open and organized. Other stores tend to be more clique-y.

11. Good Job but horrible hours

Current Employee - Stylist Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Stylist Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management are great, they are nice and friendly to you and keeps you motivated -your able to get time-half if you work holidays -great perks like free bras and discounts

Cons

-working in a store that consist with only have two people at a time ,you barely get any hours to the point you cant live on this job so if you are a student like me you need to juggle school and two jobs.

Advice to Management

They should stop cutting down hours and actually go to the store and see how they employees are dying because of these hours.

RSS Feed </> Embed