Lane Bryant

Updated February 16, 2015
Updated February 16, 2015
2.8

Linda Heasley

Pros
  • The employee discount was one of the best perks of the jobs , flexibility with hours (in 28 reviews)

• they have a great discount program and you can learn about new products and get those free (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for growth, not enough pay, lastly the pushing of the credit cards (in 35 reviews)

• I worked for them for 3 years and only got one raise when the state minimum wage was raise (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved working with this company and women.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Lane Bryant (more than 8 years)

Pros

the people and the atmosphere.

Cons

payroll, not enough to support store needs

it would be to the company as a whole, not the women we directly work with

Fashion minded place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Foley, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Foley, AL

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping customers find the perfect bra and finding a great new look for them is very rewarding. co workers are great and management is flexible and supportive. Pay is adequate for retail and the opportunity for advancement is good.

Cons

Floor is always being re-set, constantly changing. Pay really could be a little better and having to push credit is annoying to customers.

Incentives for selling credit and maybe a commission plan.

This job was very operational.

I worked at Lane Bryant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Knowledge of systems and operations was gained and it elevated my standards in these areas of the business. I have used these skills at my existing company in my role.

Cons

Due to the fact it was so operationally focused and the payroll was very limited, the customer experience suffered. Also, this was the most political retail environment I have ever worked in.

Hire leaders with integrity that will ensure the customer comes first.

They've got a mission and a vision, but unfortunately the corporate whirlwind is getting them nowhere.

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm plus-size so being in this environment, I feel as though I have a better understanding of our client and what she wants.

Cons

Too many layers of corporate sillytime so nothing can get done. Spin spin spin. Pick a lane and commit. Every time management changes, so does the logo.

Out with the old and in with the new. And how about a job description. That would be nice.

Love/Hate Relationship

Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Lane Bryant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Started out so amazing. Had great upper management that were really willing to push and grow the team. It was a wonderful time. We all worked hard, but it was worth it. Good discounts.

Cons

You know when the party is over and its time to leave, so sad. Terrible, pathetic upper management. Ineffective. I come to work to do a good job. Help me, help you. And the clothes are a hot mess too.

Don't just hire "yes" men/women. Hire and retain people passionate about the company. It really is okay for people to challenge the way things have always been done. You might learn something.

Loved It!

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Grandville, MI
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Grandville, MI

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Managers, Felt Like A 2nd Family.

Cons

Not A Lot Of Hours.

Keep doing what you guys are doing, you are amazing!

Great coworkers, horrible hours.

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I have been working at Lane Bryant

Pros

The staff is amazing and they look out for each other.

Cons

The hours and pay aren't pretty bad. There is no way to live working solely at Lane Bryant.

Please Respect Store-level Employees

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great discount, fair work-life balance, great co-workers with a positive environment. I consider this a nice first job.

I worked for Lane Bryant two different times and at two different locations and I will admit that it was positive environment. Not only that, they were happy to work around my school schedule and the discount was wonderful. Overall, it's a good place to start gaining some experience and getting your foot in the door of the working world. There was on-the-job training and they really ease you in--especially if you start off as a seasonal worker.

Cons

Low hours, some company morals, technology is obsolete, incentives aren't what you would expect, unorganized, respect from customers goes unnoticed, and lack of communication--specifically between managers.

As I mentioned, I worked for LB two different times at two different places, and both experiences ended the same. Every single time I was asked to cover a shift it was usually for the same people and I agreed every time. I received praise from customers and usually made my segment goal. What was my reward? The associates I covered for got promoted and I was laid off. At the first store senior management waited until the day before to inform me, one of the other associates, and three of the managers that we no longer had jobs.

At the second store a year later I had my hours cut and was told by one manager to come in to work a week and a half later for my scheduled shift. So I did. Only to find out from a different manager once I arrived to the store that I had been laid-off six days prior because that's what senior management told her to do.

My advice to senior management: let store managers manage their own associates. The managers work extremely hard, but they can only do so much with what you give them. It isn't fair to anyone when associates are only allowed to work 4 hours while managers work fifteen-hour shifts most days of the week. Also, if a store is going to close and you aren't willing to relocate your associates, please give them some notice so that they can try and find work else where.

as a store manager I very much enjoy working for the company

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lane Bryant

Pros

very hands on customer service based selling

Cons

technology is very far behind a lot of computer issues especially

use all of the sales tools provided to you for training and ongoing accountability

great experience so far

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time (less than a year)

Pros

the employee discount is amazing and they actually care about the client

Cons

not enough hours but management tries to help all they can

keep doing what youre doing