Lane Bryant

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.7

Linda Heasley

Pros
  • Employee discount was the biggest advantage working for the company (in 25 reviews)

• they have a great discount program and you can learn about new products and get those free (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for growth, not enough pay, lastly the pushing of the credit cards (in 28 reviews)

• No upper management in place when needed (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Very relaxing

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

More mature setting and the people that I work with treat me like family even though I am a lot younger.

Cons

I am not plus sized so it makes it harder for me to tell customers my opinion of different clothing items. my manager is very easy to talk to and will help me if I need to change my schedule or need a few days off.

Ok

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Gulfport, MS
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible with other schedules

Cons

Low pay and low hours.

Give better pay
    Give more hours with less employees And you'll get more quality work.

Fun, mixed pace, but has down sides

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Portage, MI
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Portage, MI

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

Like minded girls to work with and become friends with. Great discounts! Rewarding to help women find an outfit that makes them feel great. Can be slow pace at certain times during the day.

Cons

Can get catty women with drama, credit sales are hard to get, I had 4 hour days (to me that's a con). I like to dress nice, but their requirements for dress were unnecessary (had to have statement jewelry and 2 pieces minimum. I actually had to buy some before my shift a few times).

Find fun and creative ways to bring the girls together and also to sell credit cards

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pros and Cons of Lane Bryant

Former Employee - Fashion Specialist  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Fashion Specialist in Akron, OH

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was a customer first, and loved the customer service and the stylish options. I liked the incentive programs that they had for employees and the coupons and regular discounts offered to customers that were loyal

Cons

Store management at the Akron Branch I worked at was very slack in overseeing new employees and didn't uphold the standards and values that as a previous customer and employee of over 4 yrs, I had come to expect. (They were eventually all dismissed, but it took a few yrs for things to come full circle)

pleasant, calm, happy, generous, greetings, always around

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Clinton Township, MI

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for more than a year

Pros

found everything I needed, staff always around,

Cons

wasn't asked to see if I needed help

Ask customers if they need help.

Great company

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lane Bryant full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company really cares about the employees

Cons

This company is in a major evolution and rebranding process, this means it may be difficult to keep up with the changing demands.

AVOID THIS COMPANY and it hires teens as management ??

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Beckley, WV
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Beckley, WV

I worked at Lane Bryant part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really, the only "pro" would be the employment discount, which was 40% to 50% off and sometimes 70% off clearance.

Cons

(1) They do not promote from within based on what I witnessed within nearly a year with LB. (2) Payroll hours are miniscule...part timers given 3 to 5 hours per week and they were trying to hire on even more staff??? Bad management--give the hours to your dependable, knowledgeable staff! (3) Pay rate stunk at minimum wage.

When I was hired, I was told by the acting manager that there would be management/key holder positions soon becoming available but the current holders of those positions were not yet aware of that. I was given the impression that she wanted me to fill one of those when available. Why, otherwise, give me that confidential information??

The ENTIRE staff was under 24 except for me; I was twice their age, but fit in well being young at heart. I became the leader in credit--writing about 75-85% of the store's credit MYSELF weekly, working 1 or 2 days per week! Yet I was never offered a promotion. The management received ZERO customer complaints about me (yet they did on themselves) while the management received continuous customer ACCOLADES about my helpfulness, friendliness and undivided attention to the customers and focusing on their needs; yet I was never offered a promotion! As a long term consumer and experienced adult and having management experience, I knew how to give customers an impeccable experience. But, instead of giving the Assistant Manager position to me--someone who knows the store, its product and gives impeccable customer service--the 21 year old manager hired a 19 year old from a restaurant who I later learned was an acquaintance! Someone of this age obviously cannot make sound decisions and shouldn't manage a store.

I resigned to work at another store where I was hired on to be a department manager to replace its soon-retiring manager. Almost full time hours and 40% more on the hour starting out, increasing to FT and a higher rate upon her retirement.

AVOID LANE BRYANT!!

To upper management: Use some sound judgement and insist your DMs MAKE STORE VISITS! (The DM for the store where I worked hadn't been there in more than 2-1/2 YEARS!! Secondly, encourage them to not hire on immature teens and adolescents as management. I hired on, although in my 40s, hoping to make a career at LB and was a very successful employee in credit and customer service and was never late or missed a shift. I was skipped over a total of three times within 10 months for a promotion even just for a PT keyholder. I'm the type of people you need managing; not moody, immature, vindictive youngsters. They're too immature and lack the experience (in work and life) to manage your stores. You're losing business due to these people! I witnessed it!

Not what I remember

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manassas, VA

I worked at Lane Bryant full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer great discounts which is a plus!

Cons

They are not customer friendly in fact the managers talk about their staff and each other.

Open your eyes and Re-Staff. If you are unhappy, find another place of work.

great company! I love working here

I have been working at Lane Bryant part-time

Pros

There are flexible hours and fun people to work with and the employees get a great discount, lots of great fashion and fun environment

Cons

mostly part time hours available, employees don't get all the discounts that are customers get, but we get other discounted prices on certain new items,

Depends on your manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Braintree, MA

I worked at Lane Bryant full-time for less than a year

Pros

great discount
    co-workers are fun
    decent product line
    benefits and pay are in line with market

Cons

lots of game playing, favorites are all set otherwise every woman for herself
    store schedule never balanced
    toleration of sub par work by DM favorites
    SM not up to the job
    not enough payroll to support company initiatives

Hold SM accountable, listen to and support other members of store management team. Post schedules at least a week in advance so that people can balance their lives. SM should allow other team members to have some responsibility so that the store will run more smoothly. If your SM isn't getting it done, replace her with someone who can. Lots of potential with proper leadership.

Worked for Lane Bryant? Contribute to the Community!