www.laneconstruct.com

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Alger

Lane Construction

Office Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation, company values, promotions, office culture

ConsPersonal Growth, perks, time-off policies

Job Engineer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsOpportunities to work on some really great projects.

ConsUpward mobility can be extremely slow and political

Beware of this company

Clerk (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsIt is a pay check however temporary it may be. You are able to work a lot of hours while the job last.

ConsThe company's core values looks good on paper, but they don't practice what they have written. If you are part of the good ole boys you are safe and can do no wrong. If not, you are used up and then thrown away without a moments notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees that actually do the work that makes the company money. They will tell you the truth, but when they tell you the truth protect them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked, Under Payed

ProsVacation time, job opportunities, family-like atmosphere on a project level, great employees to work with.

ConsLack of pay, minimal salary increase, lack of coordination with upper management

Good company

Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey hire good people, and train them.

ConsTraining, jobs, compensation, growth, they have the right equipment on site to get the job done.

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this time

was good when rea contracting owned it.

Dump Truck Driver (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

Prosnice trucks,a very small amount of management ,im thinking just one whos name i will keep anoyomis actually care in raleigh.the pros are for the management who are useless,cant even bid a job and get it.this management are driving high dollar ford pick ups and on a salary,while playing golf on company time and having bbqs on the side of the office.how does lane let this happen?all pros for the useless lows.shame on lane.

Consworking at lane raleigh division as a driver you better have money behind you.the minority haulers are giving all the work while company employees get sent home,i guess lane likes wasting money on trucks and insurance payments cause the lane trucks just sit looking pretty.again,shame on lane.

Advice to Senior Managementshut raleigh down and get ride of the waste up in the front office.

A pass through company. Struggles in retaining top talent.

Corporarate (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

Pros4 weeks vacation first year

ConsOld school of thought... Sr. management thinks what worked 75 years ago will work today.
    Extremely high turnover. New top talent leave the company and the old mediocre remain.
    The " Care for People" value is perceived as a big joke.
    Privately held company means "no innovation" but high nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo go public and remove ALL the dead weight that they have been carrying for the last 50 years.

Management promotes a learning environment

Clerk (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsCasual atmosphere with a lot of humor thrown in. Management has shown concern for employee's and promotes growth in company

ConsMy cons would be full-time hourly non-union vacation policy is lacking since we typically work 50 work weeks similar to full-time salary.

Smaller was better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome really good people doing the actual work

ConsLots of entitlement and no accountability at upper management levels

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back in touch with your employees and REALLY listen to them. Too big too fast left you disconnected.

Content. But I do feel stuck in my position

Job Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood Compensation, growing company, decent pay

ConsGrew too fast. It's tough to change positions if you're doing a good job with your position

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow new engineers to work different positions in the first few years. Engineering training program.

Worked for Lane Construction? Contribute to the Community!