Lane Regional Medical Center

Updated July 28, 2014
Updated July 28, 2014
3.5

Randall M. Olson

Overall a good experience so far

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Zachary, LA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Zachary, LA

I have been working at Lane Regional Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Nice and understanding people, reasonable work load, good prescription and health benefits, fair pay
    -Get paid for on-call

Cons

-Like any healthcare facility it operates 24x7 so holidays are few and on-call can be intrusive at times. It is hard to find time to work on enterprise systems since they can never go down without affecting somebody
    -It is a smaller hospital so opportunities for advancement are few, people tend to stick with the company
    -Employees do not get a discount at the cafeteria

-Encourage people through some type of career path, maybe through guided training our just by letting them know they are next on the plate for a promotional position. At least give us a break on the price of our lunch since a lot of us only have 30 minutes to eat.

The employment served it purpose for the time I was there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zachary, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zachary, LA

I worked at Lane Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was employed for 18 years with the company. In the beginning, the hospital was run efficiently and cared for the employees but as most businesses do, this changed in years to come.

Cons

Management at LRMC is about the money only. It lost the true meaning of compassion and caring for employees and clients.

Good luck. Slowly your trusted employees are going to diminish unless appreciation for them is expressed.