Lang-Nelson Associates Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.6
Frank Lang

1. no one is perfect, but lang and nelson try. that has to amount to something.

Pros

I was encouraged to check the reviews for where I lived.

Cons

promises are not always kept and my rental rates go up

Advice to Management

knowing is half the battle and it is important to tell your residents what is going on so we don't find out about it from the rumor mill, because we will.

2. Overworked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Anthony, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Anthony, MN

Pros

a paycheck. Once you finally get it

Cons

didnt get first pay check for about 2 months in. No full time, no benefits, short staffed. Rude nurses. Rude corporate office.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to interim. Lang Nelson does not know what they are in for with assisted living.

Seems nothing is good enough for these people. Corporate pushes and pushes.

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who live at the apartments and the good people who work at the buildings

Cons

Upper management Rude,belittling, demanding,unhelpful, bullies,back stabbing definition of Lang Nelson

Advice to Management

upper management.appreciate the good people who work so hard stop making your people fret about losing their jobs. What kind of management are you stop with the meaningless requirements and you will have productive employees

5. Glorified housing specialist-Assist Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN

I worked at Lang-Nelson Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed building relationships with the residents.

Cons

a·bu·sive əˈbyo͞osiv,əˈbyo͞oziv/Submit adjective 1. extremely offensive and insulting. "abusive language" synonyms: insulting, rude, vulgar, offensive, disparaging, belittling, derogatory, opprobrious, disrespectful, denigratory, uncomplimentary, censorious, pejorative, vituperative

Worse place I've ever worked for

Pros

None the reason I'm still the're is because I care about the residents and families.

Cons

Communication is terrible. They are nice one day then the next day they will eat you alive. Their training is non-existent. Rather than training properly, they fire people. You cannot have questions answered to do your job correctly without being seen as weak and have a target put on your back.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to train properly before driving people (fantastic people) away. Stop with the false promises to get someone hired in a pinch and then not follow through. You've lost some amazing, compassionate talented people.

Not a company I'd want to live and work with

Pros

The residents and their families. Learning a different career field. Actually making a difference.

Cons

Corporate Office, they want you to "reach up" and when you do, they aren't there for you. They will fire you for no reason and no warning what so ever. They lie to residents and expect employees to do non ethical things to rent the properties They don't care about rentention like they say they do.

Advice to Management

Trust your office people. And practice what you preach. If you truley believe that you have a team. Then work as a team. Listen to your residents and treat them as family. Negative information spreads faster than positive. And right now its all negative. If you really want to fill your property then treat your current residents with respect, Don't lie to them or give them false hope. Be honest. By not listenting to your residents and employees this is why your properties aren't at 100%. Stop changing management and keep people that actually care. Change doesn't happen over night. But thats what you expect. Have better training and when you say reach up, mean it.

Worst company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time

Pros

Residents and families are nice to work with.

Cons

Corporate doesn't lead by example. They bully and threaten. They have unrealistic expectations. They make everything a million times harder then it needs to be. It is not normal to be buried in law suits and department of health reviews, inspections but they are constantly. They walk all over their employees with no appreciation. If you are given a small gift (gift card at $5.00) you have to pay taxes on it.

Abusive Narcissists at the helm...

I worked at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time

Pros

Tina in the front office. A great leader. A great trainer. Always available for questions. Always gets or has the answer.

Cons

Everything previously mentioned is absolute truth. (with the exception of the person that moved out of state... They're lucky) Micromanaged doesn't even begin to describe what happens. Sales team and management work their "straight eight" while the rest of us work 12 to 16 hours a day six days a week. Their expectations are ridiculous. They are cruel, ego-centric, and think they know it all in property management... Far from it. They tell their residents one thing and their managers another. They say their residents come first but truth be told... lining their pockets is. Unhealthy, toxic, abusive, dismissive, liars, smug, bullies, unlike anything I have ever seen in a work place. If you have a heart, if you genuinely care about people and their families look else where. If I hadn't had lived it I wouldn't have believed it. Turn over in staff is through the roof.

Advice to Management

Clean house now! Get the owner's son out of there... and his cronies.You have lost so many good, talented people that genuinely care.My advice to management: Be kind to people. Treat them with the respect and dignity they deserve. Appreciate them. And for God's sake get off your high horse.

There is so much more out there...

Current Employee - Dining Room Coordinator in Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Dining Room Coordinator in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient off street parking, interaction with residents of Lang-Nelson. Teamwork is present although there is a clear divide between work areas.

Cons

burned-out, negative management style environment. Little room for promotions. Unresolved conflict and miscommunication shows in the finished product; thus affecting both work performance and residential atmosphere negatively.

Advice to Management

Creating a positive work environment where all count in a team community would go a long way for morale. It is paramount for the residents well- being that staff create a positive, relaxed environment.

WORST company I have worked for

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Saint Anthony, MN
    Current Employee - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Saint Anthony, MN

I have been working at Lang-Nelson Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing good to say.

Cons

While working for Lang Nelson I have never felt so low in my life. The management does their best to belittle you. They do not live up to their mission statement. The care staff is not heard. The residents were given inadequate care because of the low number of care attendants on staff. Think twice before accepting a job with this employer. You will find something better!

Advice to Management

You do not know how to run an assisted living. Stick to apartments.

RSS Feed </> Embed