Langham Hotels
www.langhamhotels.com Kowloon, Hong Kong 500 to 999 Employees

Langham Hotels Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Langham Hotels – Pasadena – “Entrance”

Brett Butcher

High quality luxury hotel

Meetings and Special Events Manager (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsBenefits are good, great support from operations staff, very invovled hotel managment. For a event planning, I get a great balance between work and life.

ConsHard to get promotions or merit raises. Executive leadership is more interested in their bonuses than ensuring line emloyees have the proper tools to execute their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the monthly staff meeting with managers.

BOSTON! Great new Managing Director, "This is how we have always done it"....mentality NEEDS TO GO

Boston, MA

ProsGreat new Managing Director. Bringing in Fresh ideas and approaches to challenges.
    Fairly good work environment, very nice and helpful colleagues, always willing to help out.
    Lovely hotel, well maintained. GREAT PRODUCT and PEOPLE!!!
    People at Corporate are great to work with, a little hard to get in touch with but once you make the contact they will go out of their way to help you.

ConsHR - Can't trust
    Medical - Terrible, employees don't understand program and costs so they don't go to the Doctor.
    "This is the way we have always done it" mentality needs to go. Some of the "old timers" either need to get on board with change or move on.
    Under performance not addressed. Enforcing the 10 hour day for management is ridiculous - Let people do their jobs. Some days will be 14 hours and some 7....if the job gets done that is the bottom line, right?
    FAVOURATISM!!!! Especially in management - WoW!
    Vacation only after 1 year - Not accrued either.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closer at HR practices. Do something about the underperforming managers! Look closer at Senior Leaderships management styles - lots of hidden stuff there. Keep up the fight Mr. Bussiere - you will make a much needed difference.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Finance Intern

ProsOne of the leading hotels, which provides job stability.

ConsSupervisors can be mean. They don't care how you feel when giving you feedbacks on your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust try to put into the staff's shoes.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad

Pastry Cook II (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsLots of resources, Great Pay for the position

ConsA little disorganized, lack of ownership for the work due to the high # of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementHold Employees resposible. Let them be creative so they can appreciate their work and do better

Great

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsIts honestly a good place to work and I love the people who I worked with. If you are lucky enough to get a job with Langham you will be very satisfied.

ConsIt is sometimes demanding working in the hospitality industry and it is even harder when you work at a high end Hotel.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the team as a whole is what makes the hotel function properly so be patient with your subordinates.

Finance Intern

London, England (UK)

ProsI really enjoyed the people I worked with. It was very much a community and I formed mentor relationships. I learned a lot from my management about communication and working with others. This gave me the confidence to speak up and partake in various projects

ConsNot a lot of challenging work as an intern, but if you take the initiative more challenging and rewarding projects will appear.

Great Brand, Great Company

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee)
    Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsA variety of benefits, great organization, inspiring brand, multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth, e.g. training programmes, innovative service organization, care for their people

ConsRather difficult to indicate cons of working for Langham Hotels in general as I have only worked for The Langaham Yangtze Boutique Shanghai; the only con I could mention concerns the fact that a significant majority of the employees was Shanghainese; there was a slight lack of international, cross-cultural dimensions.

Normal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy managers and colleagues are quite nice. They give me a lot of guidance on how to do the job and also personal growth

ConsI am an intern only, thus the jobs are rather standardized and routine. But I think you will be given more opportunity at senior level

Great experience, lots of room to grow.

ProsGreat staff, fun atmosphere, nice work environment!

ConsSalary is a little on the lower side

Review of Loss Prevention Supervisor

Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsLead a team of Loss Prevention Officer to ensure the safety and security of all hotel guests as well as employees. Also ensure the assets of the hotel are protected.

ConsThe hotel is an international company with only two sites in the U.S. which makes upward movement in the company hard if you desire to stay in the United States.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying to expand in the United States, and to try and foster some of the great talent that exists in the company.

Worked for Langham Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Langham Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Langham Hotels CEO Brett Butcher. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Langham Hotels employees.