Language Studies International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nice place to work.

ESL Instructor (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsThey provide text books and the curricula so planning is minimal. Great students from around the world. The managers were very allow the teachers a lot of freedom and this is a definite plus. There was a feeling of mutual trust and respect between teachers and management. Plenty of social outings and the management understood the value of field trips for students.

ConsSalary could be better. Provide more teaching tools such as iPads/projectors. Computers should be updated.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide funds for professional development and give company sponsored bonuses. When I worked there, our director gave us bonuses out of her own account.

Anybody can get ahead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking for Language Studies International it became apparent that the person least-expected can rise to the level of marketing manager or school director without necessarily having the training, skills or knowledge often required for the same roles in other companies. This can be a pro for some people.

ConsBeing more of a family company, it can feel as though 'it's how it's always been' approaches limit the dynamism of this company in the fast-changing international education market.

Very positive overall, although slightly limiting by the end. (That might just be me, of course.)

School Director (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat people, a real feeling of being part of a family. Happy students, good business relationships. Good locations.

ConsOld habits die hard. It feels like not much has changed for us, and some competitors have taken advantage of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan for the next stage. 3, 5, 10 years from now...?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair

ProsFlexibility, stability, good working culture

ConsNo fair promotions, no professional development, no good salary package

Advice to Senior Managementmore training for employees, the possibility of progression, fair salaries after years in the company, provide clear job descriptions for all positions

Worked for Language Studies International? Contribute to the Community!