LanguageLine Solutions

LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein

Scott W. Klein

Pros:
  • "I learn something new everyday; very rewarding helping others; work from home; little supervision"
    in 50 reviews
  • "You feel like you can help people that have a barrier communicating"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "No benefits either or anything to show appreciation"
    in 22 reviews
  • "No benefits, no paid vacations, no sick days , no reimbursement exempt"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Gave me an opportunity to work from home.

Telephonic Interpreter (Former Employee)

ProsEasy job, no commute if you are an at-home employee, direct deposit.

Consno paid vacation, benefits are expensive

Wonderful experience in general

Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsKnowledge gained through working with different fields, good pay, flexible hours

ConsComplicated management system, not ideal for career growth

The opportunity to show my potential and shine!

All Call Interpreter (Current Employee)
    Hyannis, MA

ProsThey respect me as a professional and recognize that I strive to give my best, even when my best is not enough. At LLS the "non discrimination policy" takes new meaning because of its diverse employees.

ConsHourly wages does not allow me to have only one job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter IT department

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LanguageLine Solutions

Vietnamese Interpreter (Current Employee)
    Garden Grove, CA

Proswork at home, ok pay

Consboring, no benefits, no insurance, no bonus, no raise....

A sense of accomplishment and ability to make a difference!

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsThis is entirely unsolicited and reflects my own personal opinion but it is a very real testomony from someone who speaks first-hand. Knowing there are many options and choices of language service providers, to me it is important not to have a "job" but to have an environment that allows my creativity to thrive and values my voice and input so I can inspire. In Langauge Line Services, I have found not only that but have also being inspired myself time and time again by its own mission of commitment to quality and excellence. It is the people that make a company great and I am proud to be among the best. It is not often that employees are given opportunities to be heard but this organization not only listens, but allows you to affect change and supports creative thinking. Our CEO has been at the forefront of many important industry-changing initiatives and has remained committed to doing the right thing for the good of the profession. The organizations commitment to enhancing quality standards is evidence of this in that it has invested more financial and human resources toward the development of a national standard of practice and other initiatives than probably all of its competitors combined. I would wholeheartedly encourage anyone who is committed to being the best in what they do to pursue a career here!

ConsWith leadership comes a sense of responsibility and often change requires bold industry-evolving moves. These sometimes can be controversial and can impact plans so its important to remain flexible and patient. This is a normal part of change and evolvement however and can also be very exciting and rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to expand on the already existing culture of providing a culture conduscive of supporting creativity and talent.

wonderful & very challenging

Online Interpreter (Current Employee)

Prosflexibility to work from home
    oportunities for growth
    learning on the job about many different sectors
    Updating and increasing the knowledge of languages
    retaining a good memory as you go older

Conspay but working from home cuts down many expenses
    limited mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementLLS should require from clients to use phones sold by LLS. To make sure all the phone are in excellent shape, and provide clarity in sound. To also make a profit from selling the phones.

Working for Languageline Services

Phone Interpreter (Current Employee)

ProsWork from home. flexible hours, no need to have a car to get around. no spending on gas and no boss looking over my shoulders.

ConsI understand that it is a very competitive industry and your prices must be kept low in order to help customers use your services but the pay should be better in order to keep the turn over rate down. There should be a benefit package included in order to show employees that it is worth their while to stay with Languageline Services.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat leadership at Languageline Services. Your phone interpreter recruiters are very freindly and courteous and make the whole interview and testing process very enjoyable.

This job is not for everyone but Ideal for some

Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee)

ProsFLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, But structured & steady work.
    Base Salary , Work from home, reduces stress
    No brainer easy work

ConsNo raises, paid vacation, medical benefits, promotions- nothing extra
    long process to start

Advice to Senior ManagementGive raises and benefits people would never leave its a good arrangment

Flexible, convenient work at home employment.

All-call Interpreter (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule and you get to work from home. No commute. No office clothing to buy. No nossy coworkers. Interviews and training is over the phone and online.

ConsOnce you reach the All Call position that's it, that is the top level. No paid time off. No sick days. No increase in pay. No motivation. No incentives.

A good job

Interpreter (Current Employee)

ProsI think the pay rate varies between the different languages and the benefits varies between states. For example if you speak a language that's high on demand like Spanish but at the same time A LOT of people are bilingual in English and Spanish therefore the competition is high so if you're not good at your job (especially if you're a contractor) they can easily replace you especially in this rough economy with unemployment rate so high. As for benefits that varies by state employers are not required by law to give employees additional benefit beside the benefits that's required by that state. I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave. I work the morning shift starting from 6am so I get off around 2:30 that gives me a whole day left to do whatever I want. Mylanguage is in demand but not many people can speak my language and English fluently therefore it's not as easy to replace us. IF YOU'RE A GOOD INTERPRETER THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE. I see a lot of people complaining about people management and client being mean. I personally have never had a complaint filed against me. Actually many doctors have asked for me personally to do interpreting for them when they call in. It's about doing your job well. Now let's talk about the pay. Again the pay varies by language. When I first started working for LLS during provisional I was paid $14hr (minimum wage in California is only $9hr) so the pay isn't bad. After provisional I get paid $9hr but for every minute I'm on the phone I get $0.40 per minute within an hour I'm on the phone usually for 50minutes (there are times between calls) now you do the math. That's not a bad pay at all. I made the decision to be an employee instead of a contractor because 1. They forward all the calls to the employees first (contractors gets calls when all employees are busy). 2. Job security, it is easier to let a contractor go than an employee. 3. The way difference between a contractor and an employee is $0.10. I'd rather be an employee and get more calls which makes me more money and get the job security plus a 401k. Hope thos info helps.

ConsFew over time. In California over time is a time and a half so I like over time

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LanguageLine Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LanguageLine Solutions CEO Scott W. Klein. All 105 reviews posted anonymously by LanguageLine Solutions employees.