LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Reset
2.5
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Pros
  • Work from home so no transportation or clothing expenses (in 72 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home and able to help people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary (minimum wage) , No benefits, No paid vacation or sickness (in 24 reviews)

• No paid holidays and no real incentives (in 19 reviews)

Going from bad to worse

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Able to work from home.

Cons

They pay minimum wage, no benefits, no response from the managers, a lot of technical problems, unsolved issues with payroll, and nobody cares.

Advice to Management

Answer your phones, return our calls, or at least, respond to our emails. Show some respect.

Worst job ever

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WAH, not having to deal with any staff which could be refreshing after years of working with co-workers,managers etc.

Cons

Pay.Schedule.No vac, no sick days.No possibility of calling off ever unless you want to be written up/. Mediocre pay (minimum wage) very hard exhausting mental work.Very strict policies.If you miss one call they will be on you as of way, evnthough they have an extrememly faulty system.In the new system which we are all being transition to , you only have literally nano seconds to hang up a call if not you are automatically logged off, and a manager will call you to confirm why are you missing calls. Although there is no way of actually knowing this as when you get hired they claim no computer is needed, yet you need one to confirm if you are logged in, logged out, to confirmed if you are logged in correctly I should say, to report any issues with calls, clients, etc. I get calls non stop yet my check only equals to minimum wage (8.25 or so never over 9) I been working her over 3 years and I have never had or heard of any raise, they monitor yo u like a slave and if you omit one tiny thing that want even change the outcome of the call you get points deducted.Only reimburses about $11 for phone, nothing for other tools needed (paper, pens, which does add up, internet, computer, light expenses). I suspect they do a lot of illegal stuff in the company too. They also mess around with your worked hours and if you don't keep a close eye on your check you will come up short. They change the pay for hours already worked (complain I seen with other interpreters not in the US, but how can we be sure we are safe?) If you have another job do yourself a favor and DO NOT LEAVE IT, maybe take this as a side, extra part time job ,but def don't be sufficient to be the main job.

Advice to Management

Where to begin!! It doesn't really ,matter because LLS does not care about its clients much less its employees/contractors. They only care about figures and getting more and more calls equaling more pay ..for upper management.

Interpreter - All Calls (Non-Spanish)

Current Employee - Interpreter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Working from Home. Not knowing your or ever seeing your manager.

Cons

I would like to warn anyone who wants to become an interpreter with this company. If you want the lowest compensation for the hardest type of work, this is a company for you. The company just launched new interpreter platform which is so idiotic and useless - that is pretty much how it operates in most matters. I regret so badly leaving Cyracom (another company) where I made 600 more a month working the same 40 hours! Please people be warned, Language Line only sounds good - they route the calls in such way, that you get paid 9 -10/hr for Non-Spanish languages. Spanish Interpreters are treated like slaves, but that's nothing new with any company...

Advice to Management

Don't forget who pays your salary.

Second-Class Employer

Former Employee - Interpreter in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Miami, FL

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

No commutes, which balances the little salary you get paid for ALL you are expected to do.

Cons

-Company does not provide any type of paid benefits such as; sick days, vacation time, family leave, etc...and whenever a day off is required it could count as an occurrence, even with a doctor's note.
    -Very little consideration and empathy for employees

Advice to Management

If you want excellency in service, provide better treatment to your employees, otherwise you will only provide mediocracy to your clients.

UNQUALIFIED INTERPRETERS. VERY POOR MANAGEMENT

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter in El Paso, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Commute. Small call center.

Cons

VERY HIGH TURNOVER...IN CHARGES NEVER EVER WALK THE FLOOR. They Discourage others from making decisions. Feel like we're being watched all the time. They monitor least important to provide corporate miscellaneous reports. Focus on wrong priorities. Push aside experienced and well qualified agents. De-moralized team. Newsletter rarely has positive information. It's mostly to tell us what we can no longer do, what "updates" have been made to guidelines. Rarely ever get positive feedback or encouragement from leads. LOTS OF FAVORITISM. THEY EVEN TALK ABOUT THE WAY SOME AGENTS DRESS LOOK OR SOUND LIKE. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Advice to Management

If you believe your team can’t be trusted and can’t do a proper job it won’t be long before they believe you! If you trusted employees enough to hire them, trust them in your center. Don't focus on what's wrong all the time. Once in awhile, say something positive about our performance. SMILE BE MORE FRIENDLY IT DOESN'T HURT PLUS ITS FREE. Build us up, don't knock us down.

Can it get any worse?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Frankly there are no pros for this organization. They have a management team that only looks after their own rears. It's no wonder they are located in Monterey, isolated from the rest of the modern world.

Cons

Dead end jobs, high turnover. Customers of Languageline complain about their services, thus why the Pacific Interpreters brand hasn't been abolished as customers like the service and name of PI.

Advice to Management

When a former CTO lasts for about a year at LanguageLine, that should be a big enough hint.

Worst company to work for. At least one of them.

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home. That is it.

Cons

Where should I start!! Bad pay, NO pay hike in SIX years, Supervisor pushes questions to other departments, getting a day off is impossible, constant monitoring but no Bonus, no increments...while they keep on buying other similar companies. Their profit $$s are great though, just no respect for the people that let them do what they do. Basically nothing but a regular salary which one can not survive on. Period.

Advice to Management

Who will listen! Huh!

No Support

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the job, love helping people. That part of the job is great.

Cons

No support of any kind. No Information. Constant system down.

Advice to Management

Offer support.

Very bad experience, would not recommend to anyone.

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in Houston, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work at home.
    - Earning an income to survive if lack of other options.

Cons

- Job requires great skills , education, effort but in the other hand Miserable pay, minimum wage, no respect.
    -No paid vacations, hard to get days off without them seizing the opportunity to count it against you, inflexible schedule.
    - According to their client companies LLS charges them high bills , for one day of an interpreter's work about approximately 10000 USD , the interpreter gets less than 90, that's how cheap they are ...
    - Slave driving Greedy company only interested in profit and exploitation of employees.
    - They sometimes claim mistakes in the calculation of payroll but mysteriously these "mistakes" always give you less than they owe, never more. you always have to be vigilant and document and watch the number of hours you worked which gives you extra work in addition to the already high demand, stressful work you are doing.
    - Clients/agents from companies you interpret for are sometimes, rude , stressed, uneducated, stupid, not trained on how to work with an interpreter and tend to blame the interpreter for their incompetence, in which case your own company does not get your back and throws the interpreter under the bus to appease the client. Interpreters are considered disposable, and that is why the company cannot retain a lot of experienced competent interpreters and counts on continuous hiring with low standards.
    management is cheap in compensation of equipment etc, they always try to find excuses to give you only partial compensation or nothing at all. they refused to pay for equipment claiming it is not the kind that they want, then after I proved to them it was not the case, they only paid for one piece of equipment and not the other.
    Despite having outstanding evaluations and excellent performance there is no reward or incentive in the long term except for a tiny taxable performance bonus of about a hundred and smth dollars twice a year.
    you only hear from them if they are trying to police you, or if they get an inaccurate complaint from a from a 1 over 100 mentally unstable frustrated client trying to use the interpreter as a punchbag to blame for his own issues, problems, incompetence, etc. in which case LLS takes his word over yours.
    -The Fact that they post fake positive employee reviews here to mislead possible prospects.

Advice to Management

Your company's has nothing to sell your only capital are your competent , trained , educated interpreters. TAKE CARE OF AND HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR INTERPRETERS. YOUR INTERPRETERS DESERVE A BETTER TREATMENT, AND YES THEY DESERVE BETTER THAN MINIMUM WAGE.

The Executive Management Group is generally out of touch with employees. Too much micro managing and policing.

Former Employee - Premier Account Executive in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Premier Account Executive in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

The company has an excellent product and co-workers are fun to be with you also get to work with some great customers.

Cons

Too much micro management and policing of employees, low overall pay scale. Not much opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your dedicated work force and start showing more respect without them your company will fail.

RSS Feed </> Embed