LanguageLine Solutions

Updated August 18, 2014

2.2

LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Pros
  • I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave (in 62 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home and able to help people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits either or anything to show appreciation (in 24 reviews)

• Low salary (minimum wage) , No benefits, No paid vacation or sickness (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

I'm tired

Current Employee - Interpreter  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Arlington, VA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm able to work from home and able to help people.

Cons

It's difficult to change the schedule once you set one. No paid sick leaves, no vacation times and no training after you get hired. Very low salary. The language specialist constantly calls you to tell you your problems.

We need more benefits. Don't treat us like slaves.

Experience at a cost

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Good service helping people who don't speak English well or at all.

Cons

Not a people oriented company. Very little value placed on employees.

Take care of your assets - your interpreters. They deserve better than they are getting.

An ok job, but isolated.

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, no travel time needed.

Cons

Isolated, you don't get connect with community people much. Very limited benefits. Especially when you are sick, you have occurrence on your record, I hope they can revise this become more humanity.

Need to offer more variety development opportunities to the interpreter who are doing their great job, offer appropriate benefits, including sick leave without occurrence.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Language Line reviews

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home so no transportation or clothing expenses. Great training. If you need OT the will give it as per their needs.

Cons

No paid holidays or vacation. But that is in the continental US. In Puerto Rico they pay the minimum per hour, but they have paid vacation and extra if they work on a holiday.

Employees will be happier if, at least they could get paid vacation time in USA. Also, regular analog landline service is being stopped to change for dsl or cable based lines. You may have to find ways to protect privacy using those services and allow employees to use them; if not, if technology keeps changing and phone companies completely get rid of analog landline service, the company will lose employees and will probably close.

lowest paying interpreter jobs in the industry

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Working from home. If you are inexperienced you will get decent training, I guess its suitable for a mom that woud like to work from home and doesn't necessarily need the money or benefits.

Cons

Low salary (minimum wage) , No benefits, No paid vacation or sickness.
    Every sick day counts as an occurrence . Company charges clients almost $4 per minute but pays the interpreter about $10 per hour!!!

increase wages

Worst Employer

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

You could work from home, it saves you some trouble. But you also could get depressed and disconnected. You could not get in touch with your manager. No one is going to write a reference letter for you. It is only good for a side job.

Cons

Don't trust this company. The managers tell lies. They don't really know what is going on. The management is a mess. They are very irresponsible.
    Absolutely no respect for their employees. They are exploiting immigrants.
    No culture. No training. No paid holiday. No flexibility. No career.

Be ashamed of yourself.

It's a job

Former Employee - Interpreter  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Chicago, IL

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to help bridge the language barriers, work from home

Cons

No paid vacation, sick days.

Not impressed at all; avoid it if you can.

Current Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter
    Current Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros are self evident. You get to work from home, so you save on gas, clothing and time.

Cons

You will be translating for some of the most ignorant people on earth; people who did not finish grade school in many cases. It is one call after the other working with people who can't spell their last name. It gets very frustrating after some time. No paid holidays and no real incentives. The company will also manage the queue to control the amount of time you get paid for. I have been here for about a year and a half and I am wishing for a new job more and more as every day goes by.

You need to increase pay and provide real benefits as well as paid holidays and all those nice things American works usually get.

Stressful to work here

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter  in  San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter in San Juan, PR

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training. Work from home. That's the only pro for me. I really can't think of any other good thing about this company.

Cons

It is customary for the telephonic interpreters to be paid by the minute. This company pays by the hour and swamps you with more calls than you can handle without straining. If you compare the hourly pay of this company with what the others in the industry pay, they are 50% under.

Can't wait to leave

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home and that's it

Cons

It's one of those companies, together with Berlitz, which are taking advantage of the new immigrants, who just arrived in the country and are happy to get ANY job with ANY pay.
    Paying peanuts, no benefits(lousy medical insurance doesn't count), no paid vacations, and even for getting an unpaid leave, you have to jump through the hops, which is really weird - the company with so many employees should have tons of opporutnities to allow you to go when you need that. The job itself is not arranged in the way so not to give you too much stress. Between calls I just NEED to have a small tiny break, a minute would do. But when the call flow is high, they would call you non-stop.

Provide proper training. You can't just throw unprepared people off to work. It's embarrasing for the company and stressfull for the employees.
    Allow people to grow professionally. The best way for you would be to have an elite team of interpreters with proper pay and benefits, so each employee could have the opportunity to enter that team, if their performance is great. At the moment, whether I do great or just OK, I am still paid the same peanuts with no chance of raise.

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!