LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
150 reviews filtered by

Its a revolver door company,

Current Employee - Arabic All Call Interpreter in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Arabic All Call Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

work from home no commute.

Cons

Lack of Management, Lack of communications, company policies applied on employees only, you will have to move mountains to make the management respond to your emails. In my case, my resignation letter made them respond.
    It is like going through hell for your vacation time to approved and at the end it will be given to as an "approved absence". Lack of coordination, lack of communication. Good job for GED holders, actually that is what they want. They don't care about the services provided to the Clients as they let their best employees quit their jobs easily. No raise, no future promotions, no future in this company. Wasted 18 months in this death trap, not going to waste anymore time. My pay was not bad comparing to the others, but still too low for my skills.

Pay attention to your interpreters, supervisors will not bring you the revenues as the interpreters do. Honor your company policy towards your interpreter and their rights. Honor your interpreter's requests and emails by a simple email even if with two sentence but in time.

2. Good company to work for, supervisors are very helpful and friendly.

Former Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can choose your own schedule, you can work from home.

Cons

On busy days, it can become stressful to interpret call after call.

Good work experience, very tense work environment

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Got a lot of experience with interpretation and general customer service, and working from home you do save a lot of money and gas.

Cons

Low pay, everything that happens ie, you get sick,phone broke, got 5 minutes late is stacked against you in form of a formal warning and eventually everyone gets fired, because you can't go a full year with a perfect attendance record.

Increase pay and be just be more comprehensive with the interpreters who are running the company.

The worst management ever

Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

An ok per-hour rate. Close to my place

Cons

They opened a center in Portland and they hired interpreters for several languages. 2 months later they discovered that they hired more than they need, so they started laying off people. A lot of those interpreters left a full time jobs for this one. In-charges and managers are incompetent, they absolutely have no idea how to run this center. If you work there first feeling you will have is insecurity, now I regret that I quit my previous job and I already looking for another job. My advice to you is to think twice before joining them.

No advice. People's life is not a game.

Convenient Work at home employment

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You are an employee not a contractor. Everything is phone based and training was computer and phone based. The variety of calls makes the day interesting and your day goes quickly.

Cons

Once you select your schedule when hired they refuse to allow you to change it. You can never reach your assigned manager when questions arise. You are the last to know of changes that affect you. No true communication with employees...at lease the home based ones...maybe its better if you work at a call center.

Working from home is very different then working from a call center. I wish the company would be more willing to work with the schedule changes when there are legitimate reasons for the change.

7. Learning

Former Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

To improve language skills and to help others

Cons

Not knowing the vocabulary. Call center environment

Let people breath. Improve their benefits. Respect their space

over the phone interpreter

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

working from home, flexible schedule

Cons

no benefits, no feedback, they lay you off from one day to the next, no notification what so ever. low wages

A Job for Beginner Interpreters

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor

Pros

The only perk is work from home, no other benefits

Cons

$$7-10 an hour job.
    Can't afford being sick.

No comment

I'm tired

Current Employee - Interpreter in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Arlington, VA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm able to work from home and able to help people.

Cons

It's difficult to change the schedule once you set one. No paid sick leaves, no vacation times and no training after you get hired. Very low salary. The language specialist constantly calls you to tell you your problems.

We need more benefits. Don't treat us like slaves.

A good job

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

I think the pay rate varies between the different languages and the benefits varies between states. For example if you speak a language that's high on demand like Spanish but at the same time A LOT of people are bilingual in English and Spanish therefore the competition is high so if you're not good at your job (especially if you're a contractor) they can easily replace you especially in this rough economy with unemployment rate so high. As for benefits that varies by state employers are not required by law to give employees additional benefit beside the benefits that's required by that state. I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave. I work the morning shift starting from 6am so I get off around 2:30 that gives me a whole day left to do whatever I want. Mylanguage is in demand but not many people can speak my language and English fluently therefore it's not as easy to replace us. IF YOU'RE A GOOD INTERPRETER THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE. I see a lot of people complaining about people management and client being mean. I personally have never had a complaint filed against me. Actually many doctors have asked for me personally to do interpreting for them when they call in. It's about doing your job well. Now let's talk about the pay. Again the pay varies by language. When I first started working for LLS during provisional I was paid $14hr (minimum wage in California is only $9hr) so the pay isn't bad. After provisional I get paid $9hr but for every minute I'm on the phone I get $0.40 per minute within an hour I'm on the phone usually for 50minutes (there are times between calls) now you do the math. That's not a bad pay at all. I made the decision to be an employee instead of a contractor because 1. They forward all the calls to the employees first (contractors gets calls when all employees are busy). 2. Job security, it is easier to let a contractor go than an employee. 3. The way difference between a contractor and an employee is $0.10. I'd rather be an employee and get more calls which makes me more money and get the job security plus a 401k. Hope thos info helps.

Cons

Few over time. In California over time is a time and a half so I like over time

LanguageLine Solutions Photos