Laramar Group

Updated May 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Elowe

Great group of people - absolute professionals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed my time at Laramar. Was given ample support to successfully complete my tasks onsite. Friendly co-workers and total professionals.

ConsAt times highly stressful work environment.

Great Company

Community Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI think Laramar is a great company. The benefits are excellent. The vacation schedule is also excellent. The organization is structured and the expectations are within reach. I've worked in property management many years and I felt this was a great company to work with. I wish them future success as well.

ConsI wish they could have grown in the West Coast Region.

Advice to Senior ManagementPurchase more properties in the West Coast area.

Disappointed in the company.

ProsThe company does not micro-manage the staff. There is not a lot of "busy" work that is not essential to the position required.

ConsThe working environment was very negative. I wish the company took time to tell you about the mission and values of the company. I feel disconnected from the culture because I don't know what the culture is.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the working atmosphere. Hire better managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Grass is definitely not greener on the other side!

Community Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are great and the company does utilize the latest technologies and trends within it's business model. One thing I can appreciate is Laramar's expectations for stellar customer service. Our portfolio of properties was taken over by Laramar in June 2013. Their commitment to Customer Service was big for me considering JB Partners Group's horrible reputation on corporate and upper managements lack of response to customer service, fair housing and labor related issues.

ConsRegional managers demand unreasonable requests during your days off and refuse to comp you that time in exchange. The general consensus among us Property Managers in California is that we are being taken advantage of, spread thin yet they continue to increase the work load with unreasonable deadlines. Employees are under appreciated and promotions are based on favoritism and brown nosing rather than merit. Evasive regional and assisting managers who refuse to address valid concerns over labor laws and HR issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to value and appreciate every staff member. I can't express the importance of taking 2 mins out of your time to pat your team on the back. Many lower level staff such as our maintenance or porters are discouraged that they are never acknowledged by you during your visits. Why not build up your teams moral? Especially if they are performing better than over 90% of the portfolio. My experience working with an un-involved, insensitive and impersonal regional manager is mutual among our portfolio and ask you be more diplomatic and strategic with your approach.

Grass isn't Greener

Leasing Manager (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits
    Bonuses
    Company Functions
    Career Growth (In some states)

ConsNeeds more communities on the east coast (southern states)
    Complaints need to be looked into more in depth

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved working for this company, I only left b/c I was offered an Assistant CM position with another company. Laramar only owned/managed one community in Charlotte NC so I was not able to grow unless I relocated to another state.

Maintenance Technician

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with and always an exciting day taking care of tenants.

ConsThe job can be very stressful especially when tenants tend to get mad easily and want everything replaced without charge.

Don't work them

Community Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefit is ok, not the best, 401k match, dental medical insurance. The plan is not too good, only covers 80% still have to pay 20% out of pocket.

ConsThe regional managers in LA do not know what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire the right person for regional managers

Good company, be prepared to put in some hours

Property Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNice co workers, good benefits, fun company that doesn't take itself to seriuosly but keeps close tabs on income & expenses. Very much a team effort.

ConsRapid expansion without enough corporate support-accounting, HR, etc. Stesses both site staff & support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose your culture. I have worked with Laramar for several years. (more than 5) Training & Marketing support used to be top notch, not so much any more.

Great experience working for a well-respected real estate company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were a lot of opportunities to learn and grow and supervisors did a good job of mentoring and coaching

ConsAt times, there were many changes and a lack of sufficient communication regarding those changes

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't underestimate the value all employees place on receiving communication from higher levels of management. Being kept in the loop can do much to enhance and boost morale.

It was a great experience

Property Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI thought Laramar Group was very well put together. The training was great. The support was excellent. The benefits were the best I've experienced in property management

ConsThe only con I saw was not enough growth in the bay area. I wish they had more properties.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to manage your groups as you do. It was quite refreshing to work at a company that had values and stood by them.

Worked for Laramar Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Laramar Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Laramar Group CEO Jeff Elowe. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Laramar Group employees.