Laramar Group Reviews

Updated March 3, 2015
35 reviews filtered by
3.7
Jeff Elowe

1. Wonderful work experience, filled with some learning opportunities.

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Laramar Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits: matching 401k, health & dental insurance, PTO; decent starting base pay, collaborative work with upper management, team oriented philosophy and goals, there is room for growth and promotion within the company starting at management levels.

Cons

Long work hours, high stress situations, poor communication within regional area (but not with corporate offices), poor hiring practices and standards, lack of resources and incentives for training, low pay increases (well below 2%)

Corporate management/HR: need for better, and more frequent, effective evaluations of regional managers. An adaption to a better hiring standard would greatly increase the success at each property, enabling a higher retention of employees; promote within more, this fell short over time. Provide incentive for employees and invest in their continuation of higher education and obtaining advanced degrees within company focused areas.

2. Laramar really cares

I have been working at Laramar Group

Pros

Laramar really cares about their valuable employees, they offer multiple training options and opportunities for advancement. You are treated more as a person than just a warm body to occupy the payroll. I love Latamar!!!

Cons

I wish they had more properties in more states

3. Great place to work

I worked at Laramar Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, great benefits, great pay, great people

Cons

Company policies are hard to find

When great programs would get rolled out but never followed through with

5. Excellent experience

I have been working at Laramar Group

Pros

I appreciate the autonomy to chart my own destiny. My supervisors trust my abilities and are supportive of me. Great benefit package.

Cons

Not many, as overall everything is good. However, everyone is spread thin with heavy workloads, this makes it difficult to be very productive.

Evaluate work loads and hire more support staff.

6. Finally Laramar got it right! Thank you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Laramar Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not being micromanagement is probably the best experience for me just as long as you are getting things done (of course as it should be). The positive culture or philosophy that has sustained Laramar's reputation is something that more or less exists only in Colorado. Laramar does invest in their employees by offering great online training courses, marketing and technical support. Employees who live on Colorado seem to experience the unequivocal support that Laramar is known for.

Cons

Not enough opportunity for growth unless you are really good at carrying the torch 24 hours a day round the clock. I'd wish they really promote a better work life balance as many employees are just being spread too thin and are losing motivation. Regional managers need more support and better training on how to be effective coaches/leaders. More emphasis should be placed on developing great leaders who can inspire their team to reach greatness and tap into their true potential. Laramar needs to have a yearly Community Manager events held in Colorado in order for us all to get a better understanding of this so called culture.

Please hire and area vice president who values and respects their team and will appreciate all the long and extra hours we are not paid for.. We were very fed up with the belittling of employees in front of our colleagues while having a leader who was just as incompetent himself. Please hire someone who can run financial reports via Yardi including the ability to manage Excel spreadsheets without someone holding their hand. We can no longer tolerate a leader who is infamous for having someone else do his work while taking all the credit and glory himself. If you value your reputation avoid hiring people who lack ethics, integrity, and leadership skills unlike the leader you just decided to part ways with. Please train your executives on using YARDI and Excel. Many of us were called at odd hours of the evening for information that they could have been accessed themselves creating a very stressful work life balance. And for god sake please have the courtesy to advise us of reports that are due within adequate time. We already have a busy work load and getting a call to drop everything for a report that was due yesterday is just plain irresponsible and inconsiderate.

An exceptional company with plenty of room for growth!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Laramar Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Corporate Office located in Chicago, and I cannot speak highly enough of Laramar Group! The Executive team is amazing. The office has a "family" feel and everyone is incredibly supportive of each other. There is also room for growth within the company (I was only hired because the receptionist was taking the former receptionist position, as she moved up as well). Overall, highly recommend working here!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing bad to say (from my experience).

Continue on the exceptional management

The Worst Experience of my Life!

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I worked at Laramar Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and decent salary. The support at the Corporate level is excellent and I believe that, excluding the SF Bay Area region, this would be an excellent company to work for..

Cons

If you don't mind working for arrogant, belittling, lying, management then this is the company for you. They don't hesitate to hire you under false pretenses and then belittle and fire you with no warning for their mismanagement and ill preparedness. Avoid working in the SF Bay Region because these people are ruthless.

Consider the devastating consequences that result when you hire someone under false pretenses, use them to cover up your lack of preparedness and poor leadership, and then fire them with no warning. No At Will Employment Agreement excuses an employer from terminating an employee in "bad faith" without just cause.

9. People, Properties, Potential

Former Employee - Senior Property Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Property Manager

I worked at Laramar Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy- Leaders trust you to do your job
    Flexibility- Family comes first
    Respect- Not just a number

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities in certain regions
    Pressure to perform within tight deadlines (specifically budget season)

10. Great group of people - absolute professionals

I worked at Laramar Group

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Laramar. Was given ample support to successfully complete my tasks onsite. Friendly co-workers and total professionals.

Cons

At times highly stressful work environment.

11. Great Company

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Laramar Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I think Laramar is a great company. The benefits are excellent. The vacation schedule is also excellent. The organization is structured and the expectations are within reach. I've worked in property management many years and I felt this was a great company to work with. I wish them future success as well.

Cons

I wish they could have grown in the West Coast Region.

Purchase more properties in the West Coast area.