Larkburger

Updated July 15, 2014
Updated July 15, 2014
2.9

Adam Baker

Real work, real food and real opportunities.

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Larkburger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a chef, I was drawn to the life-work balance Larkburger offered. The culture, focus on ingredients and contemporary cooking techniques were also a pro.
    This is a real working kitchen that produces real food. Crew members are not tossing frozen items in a fryer and in the microwaves. Sauces are made from scratch, potatoes cut by hand and proteins cut in house. Local purveyor are sourced and a featured.
    I was hired on as a hourly paid line cook and took the offer despite all my past kitchen/restaurant experience because I liked the concept and had a vision of how the company would expand and what opportunities would be available. I worked hard every shift and learned the systems and I was offered my own restaurant in less than 3 months.
    Hard work is valued and rewarded.

Cons

Anytime a company grows and evolves it has struggles. However, problems are solved, new systems are created and processes refined.

Mixed communication from the D.O. To the C.E.O. No one was on the same page.

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Larkburger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reasonable hours and good pay. The D.O. Was putting a lot of great systems into place. He was also resell good with giving recognition and feedback.

Cons

Too much negativity from corporate, and lack of return phone calls.

Beware the Sharks in the Water

Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Larkburger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good single unit Culture, and plenty of money being raised for growth.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are promised and then ignored, only the cool kids with mediocre performance seem to be on the radar. Brown nosers get the worm. In-experienced Multi unit level Manager running the 'competition' off. GMs leaving on a regular basis. Managers are over extended while Area Managers take a gestapo approach to degrading performance to sandbag Bonuses.

Hire Managers that are truly vested in their restaurants and not just checking pass or fail forms. This isn't High School. P&Ls are factual.

No Room For Growth

Former Employee - Cook in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Cook in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Larkburger

Pros

The pay was pretty good, the food was even better. Gave employee legitimate spending money for daily meals. Gave time off when requested.

Cons

poor lower management. Upper GM was great, listened and directed, lower management were clueless about how to lead the team.

I would restructure the way the company manages. Choice of employees there is rather questionable. Would listen to other opinions of employees as a way to lead better, be more open.

Medicre.

I worked at Larkburger

Pros

Pretty good pay for how easy of a job it is. Good food. Co-workers were all enjoyable folk. Somewhat good management.

Cons

Moody managers. Long shifts with very short breaks. Very little praise for a good job, lots of beratement for a bad job.

Larkburger Photos