Larry Blumberg and Associates

Updated June 17, 2014
Updated June 17, 2014
3.3

Larry Blumberg

Great Company to work for long tern

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent

I worked at Larry Blumberg and Associates full-time

Pros

Great teamwork among properties and areas to be promoted

Cons

low wages but about equal the average for the city

Terrible judge in character and operational hires

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Larry Blumberg and Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is the only thing this company has going for it. The pay is decent because it's the only thing that will keep you from walking out the door.

Cons

Challenges: Ha! Where do I start. Guess I will start with the upper management who knows nothing about what goes on day to day in the hotel. They pretend they know or act like they do but all things are best kept behind closed doors, right? Wrong!

Advice to Management: Re-read your mission statement. Hire individuals with values. You can't teach values. You can't teach character.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Director, Human Resources  in  Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Director, Human Resources in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Larry Blumberg and Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for growth, caring culture, welcomes input and overall team effort.

Cons

Heavy work load at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I haven't seen anything like this before

Current Employee - Night Auditor/Guest Services  in  Albany, GA
    Current Employee - Night Auditor/Guest Services in Albany, GA

I have been working at Larry Blumberg and Associates part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working with the guest

Cons

not many benefits with this job

LBA Properties Could be a Great Company to Work for with Upper-Mangement Changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dothan, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

I worked at Larry Blumberg and Associates

Pros

Good benefits and a few decent, hard-working people.

Cons

Management, from line-level to executive, is poor. Unfortunately the owners are no longer involved in the daily, hands-on operations of the business. In addition, the upper-level management is in place as a result of the good old boy system, and not intellect, experience, education, and managerial/people skills. The company is growing too large too quickly for a poorly-managed corporate site that lacks the capacity to provide excellent services and satisfied employees. The company website supposedly names the GM at every property, but they (the properties & the GMs) have not been updated for quite sometime, as of this posting; their website is regularly updated with job openings only, because the constant turn-over is too much to keep up with and the employees and management are not detail-oriented and lack the focus and pride in their work to dedicate the time needed (also a reflection of upper-management).

Attend management seminars; learn to manage people properly. Instead of tossing already-trained staff to the side, take the time to develope a company-wide training program and BE CONSISTANT. Hire, train, and promote employees based on education, background, proven performance, skills, experience, and credentials, not because they are your neighbor's daughter or your buddy from college.

Worked for Larry Blumberg and Associates? Contribute to the Community!