Larsen & Toubro

Larsen & Toubro Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Larsen & Toubro CEO & Managing Director K. Venkataramanan

K. Venkataramanan

Pros
  • Freedom to work and take decisions(in 21 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn, Each Business units exists almost as a separate company(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Site jobs are too strenuous with mindless man management for very long working hours(more than 15) and on Sundays too(in 44 reviews)

• Work/Life balance will be poor if placed at construction site(in 21 reviews)

4 years at this organization- IT group. This is a review on the IT group

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGood for developer and resource level with oppurtunities to work in latest techonlogies for some of the projetcs. Oppurtunity to learn in all areas of SDLC.

ConsNo work-life balance. Too much committed. Get pulled on to too many things. The more you can take, the more is piled on. Need to mature in terms of IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance needs to be improved

Satisfying.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsVast work scope ranging from technical to management and process improvement.

ConsHectic and long shifts. Having to attend office 28 days a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe concept of work life balance should be realized and put into effect strongly, which will in turn motive employees to work with honesty and dedication along with a 'feel good' factor.

Horrible company

ProsAbsolutely nothing positive about this company

ConsNo contact when hired. First contact with hr was 6 weeks into the job to let me know me know I was no longer employed with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

work life

Prosgood learning environment and work culture

Conspoor salary and long hours of work

Advice to Senior Managementspend effectively on Hr activities

Electrical Commissioning Engineer with 3.6 yrs of Experience In Testing and Commissioning of 220/400KV GIS Substation

Testing and Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) Tuticorin (India)

ProsWe can have enough time to learn the basic things in this company. We can develop our multi skills easily.

ConsWe will face various types of problems (non-technical) in the site.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor contract labors , you are not giving the payment at the correct time. The permanent employees get their salary on the month end. But the department workers get their salary on half of the next month. Kindly take some attention on this.

It is pleasant to work at L&T because your colleagues are supportive and maintain a healthy and interactive environment

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Mysore (India)

ProsThe work life balance is good, superiors are concerned about your health and safety, for sales department there are lot of opportunities for training related to management

ConsThe Local HR might not be supportive to interact with the main corporate centre HR , Very strict timings for reporting , Leaves are sandwiched if you take leave from Friday to beyond Sunday , Sick leave isn't granted for the full tenure of the suggested rest (suggested by an authentic medical officer)

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave rules should be flexible enough

best internship experience

Trianee (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosthe best place for an intern to get best training and great exposure. Working with such a huge firm is always a plus and with friendly co-workers and senior staff L&T makes the training period really easy for the interns.

Consnot much cons for an intern expect for long working hours

Good working environment, support from seniors, friendly and cooperative colleagues, motivating staff. A zone to be in

Power Electronics Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsA lot of exposure in terms of training, like, motivating and trusting employees to work and deal with vendors,no matter whether a trainee or an intern.Great learning zone for freshers and development zone for experienced people.

Conscut offs for entering l&t is very high. if you are an average student but good practical knowledge,, there is no chance you'll get through

Advice to Senior Managementkeep cut offs for freshers low. everybody should get a chance to enter in the firm.

gud to work

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Proslearning opportunity..nice brand and name

Consbad work culture, indianism, management is rude

Advice to Senior Managementbring US culture

Great

ProsBetter working environment and lot to learn

ConsSalary is on average low

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!