Larsen & Toubro

Larsen & Toubro Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Larsen & Toubro CEO & Managing Director K. Venkataramanan

K. Venkataramanan

Pros
  • Freedom to work and take decisions (in 21 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn, Each Business units exists almost as a separate company (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Site jobs are too strenuous with mindless man management for very long working hours(more than 15) and on Sundays too (in 44 reviews)

• Work/Life balance will be poor if placed at construction site (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

The experience was good. They provide ample independence to the employees in taking technical decisions.

Executive Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsLargest Engineering company in India. 30th rank in Global EPC contractors worldwide. Personal growth is benefited under the leadership of experienced seniors.

ConsThe compensation or the salary offerings are not to the mark as compared with its competitors. The growth is slowed as we have large Que of the employees awaiting the lion's share.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look into the inflation going on around the country and do increase the pay slips by debatable margins. Stop being miser to the employees and strengthening the company's balance sheet.

Excellent

ProsSalry, security, responsibility, perks, bonus

ConsLong hours, old mindset, top management,

First few years of experience is fine

Computer Systems Architect/Designer (Current Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsGood to be in fr site experience in the initial works

ConsBad if you dont get in office later and do the same kind of shop draing works in site rather than core designing

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should take only the required no. of architects whom they can put after the site experience of 1 or 2 years

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

L&T, Its all about Imagineering

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsChill Company. Given big opportunities in short span of time. Nice work culture

ConsSalary is a big issue. If one does not care about salary then it is best company to work for.

Had a good time

Senior Engineer (Mechanical) (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsCompany values. Great senior management. Exposure. Brand. Good place to start ones career.

ConsHuge organization. Little power to influence process as an engineer. Many layers of management. HR policies are questionable.

Good and learned a lot technically.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Exposure in all the ways

ConsWorst appraisal method I ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent

No time Limits for employee

Planning Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

Prosbeing given the all facility to the employee.

ConsAll works are challanged in every site

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam work is most important,to keep to help us our colleague .....

Learning

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsFreedom to work and take decisions. Empowerment at work place.

ConsHigh level of partial behavior from immediate managers. Compensation not at par with market.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould strengthen the feedback mechanism for employees on their performance.

Worst

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsU get to learn a lot...lot of field exposure...no sacking even if mistakes r committed

ConsLow salary..For senior engineers it's in 30ks. .For GETs its 25k. ..working hours average is 17 hours if placed at site...pathetic politics..

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease understand the mindset of the current generation...u all have gone old..let the new generation take control of things...have proper resource allocation. .and last of all...think we engineers as humans not slaves to work under u all

Good for a learner

ProsGreat platform to learn leadership,taking responsibility and all out chances to learn for newcomers

ConsWorking hour too long to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture for the talents and proper utilisation...

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!