Las Vegas Valley Water

Decent

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Las Vegas Valley Water full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice locations, decent co workers, very structured and up to date on technologys

Cons

Very little direction on remote locations

More control on remote locations

At one time a terrific, empowering place to work; now a dysfunctional black hole

I have been working at Las Vegas Valley Water full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very good benefits; competitive salaries

Cons

If you're an employee in your mid- to late fifties, you'd better start looking over your shoulder

Purge from within and start with the numerous individuals in senior management who are in their positions as a result of favoritism

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Developer Administrator  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Developer Administrator in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Las Vegas Valley Water full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best place to be employed in Las Vegas

Cons

Grew too fast and now cuts are being made to balance revenues with expenditures

Current GM is exptremely savvy in balancing revenue to expenditures, no advice is necessary

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Las Vegas Valley Water

Pros

Employees feel valued. The company provides a lot of employee training opportunities.

Cons

Not much room for growth, given current economic conditions.

Best Employer in Las Vegas , Bar none

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Las Vegas Valley Water full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have never worked for a better employer in my 60+ years. Employees are respected and afforded many promotional opportunities. Senior Staff listens to employees needs and concerns and they respond quickly to resolve all issues. Employee Pay and benefits are excellent and the tools and equipment used by staff members are top of the line. Safety is number One priority and Customer satisfaction is the companies main business focus. You could not ask for a better place to work.

Cons

As an employee, The public often takes there frustrations of higher water bills out on us. I wish they knew how hard we work to keep costs down. I also wish they would partner with us by understanding the water crisis and how important it is to continue with plans to secure other options for our valleys water resources. Years down the road we will all benefit from the great leadership that got us through these trying times.

Keep up the good work. Most of your employees are appreciative and proud to work for such a fine organization.

Climate is changing

I have been working at Las Vegas Valley Water

Pros

Good money to be made. 4 - 10 schedule. Onsite child care.

Cons

Sometimes has a "it's-who-you-know" feel when it comes to promotions and information.

Follow up on your employees questions, suggestions, issues and requests. We are told to inquire about things but it seems that there's no action / reaction from management. Also, management doesn't seem to get to know us - even after years of employment. Reach out to the people you don't know, even if its uncomfortable for you to do so.

LVVWD IT Dept Review

I have been working at Las Vegas Valley Water

Pros

Good Benefits and a 3 day weekend. The pay is competitive to other companies. Vacation leave, holiday leave, sick days and personal days.

Cons

Too much internal politics. Management does not respect others and is very secretive. Coworker incompetency. People don't get fired, instead are promoted (or moved) to get the person off the team. Moving people does not address the issue.

Learn some respect and treat us "underlings" like we know something. There are nothing in the matters of national security that can not be conveyed to the teams, after all, we're just in the business of delivering water.

Las Vegas Valley Water District can quench your thrist!

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Las Vegas Valley Water

Pros

It's a very open and forward-thinking environment. Of all of the employers in the Las Vegas area, the Water District is by far one of the best places to work to really get experienced in web development and design. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the management, staff, contractors and support personnel. The level of knowledge , attention to detail, professinalism, and tech-savvy are rare almost anywhere, but unsurpassed at LVVWD or SNWA.

Cons

Promotion potential is somewhat limited for such a large organization, but there are plenty of work-life balance activities.

Don't treat contractors as second-class workers.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Engineering in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Las Vegas Valley Water

Pros

Great pay, Flexible hours, great people to work with, laid back atmosphere

Cons

It can be monotonous at times. There tends to be a lot of "water cooler" talk. It's not uncommon for a group of employees to socialize in a coworkers cubical for extended periods of time.

Keep the staff picnic

Worked for Las Vegas Valley Water? Contribute to the Community!