Laser Spine Institute

Bill Horne

Great place for Midlevels

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really enjoyed the culture, the customer service and patient focus. Management really works to hire staff with a patient focus, and this manifests itself. Patients really seem to feel this. The pace can be challenging but the days go fast. There is always opportunity for ambitious and energetic employees to grow and expand their skills. The company really values hard work and innovation on the part of employees.

Cons

Communication of medical data between facilities can be challenging, but not a big deal really. Some of the hiccups of a fast growing company, but management seems to be working to mitigate these.

Keep hiring people with the right values/focus on the patient!

Great opportunity to work for a growing organization!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is like no other organization I've ever worked for. We work hard but don't take ourselves too seriously. If your willing to work hard, open to learning, and have a desire to grow, you are given the tools to succeed.

Cons

Change frequently and quickly, elm which is difficult for some.

Love the growth and opportunity to develop as a professional

Current Employee - Spine Care Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love how everyone's goals are aligned. The vision is simple and that is to help as many patients as possible. I'm proud that LSI puts the patient first in everything they do. Its a company founded on values to be proud of.

Cons

Be ready to work hard everyday. Strategic agility is an important attribute to have as things change with the rapid growth. with the growth is opportunity.

My experience was great!

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay really well in comparison to other companies
    Awesome manager (Best I've ever had). Interview went great and I was hired over more "qualified" candidates with degrees. Believed in mentoring and allowing employees to explore career options within the company.
    My manager understood family and was very flexible with me
    Great benefits (employee coverage)
    Friendly coworkers
    Executive aren't intimidating at all they seemed to be friendly/welcoming/touchable
    I loved the fall season (food, food, and more food) and goodies were usually catered on Fridays
    Decent bonus during December

Cons

Judging from others experiences mostly, it seemed a bit challenging to get a promotion in other departments (my manager was the exception, I could have been promoted to a higher position, but the timing wasn't right for me and it wasn't necessarily what I wanted to do)
    It's not what you know but who you know rings true at LSI

Unfortunate truth

I worked at Laser Spine Institute

Pros

Okay for paying bills while you search for a real job. The beach is nearby

Cons

No independence or ownership of work. Often told to do something meaningless just because the C suite wanted it. Instead of focusing on the big things that matter, they spend a lot of time making people memorize and do silly exercises related to smug values. Most management is not friendly. Good luck using your PTO or trying to get equality in work from home privileges. HR is no great help to anyone and gossip too much. Unless your motivated by emails that tell you to “PRAY” or are under the age of 30, don’t even bother applying. Too many people are either related, dating or gifted in to management roles based on who they’re married to and that makes it a difficult environment. Deceit is standard operating procedure on so many levels that I was ashamed to here. I truly didn’t believe in what I was doing. So my C.H.O.I.C.E. was to leave.

I don't get the point of employee satisfaction survey when no changes are made as a result. Pretending to care is so yesterday.

20 years of working and this place is the best!

Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the culture at LSI. My coworkers are more like family. I have always felt support from my bosses here and never feel like my opinion doesn't count. Great benefits and the company is always willing to give back to their employees.

Cons

The only con is a few people that are not welcoming in HR. It doesn't represent the rest of the company.

The leadership at LSI is truly amazing.

Encouraged to Grow and Always Recognized For a Job Well Done

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many "best" reasons to work here, but to name a few:
    1) You get recognition for a job well done, and supervisors make sure credit is given where credit is due
    2) The core values are enforced and all employees do a better job because of them
    3) It's not just about the bottom line - employee benefits are a focus and priority, and the company is centered around the best patient experience possible
    4) Office culture is a lot of fun - there are team building events periodically, catered food and happy hours to celebrate milestones
    5) You are encouraged to grow in the direction that best suits you, and you're able to shadow other departments if you're looking to change paths.They believe in cultivating talent and promoting from within.
    6) Compensation is fair and competitive - I've never felt cheated out of pay for the work that is expected of me/time that I put in

Cons

It's not really a "con", but in order to work here you need to be able to adapt to changing direction or strategy, which sometimes can change from week to week.

Keep valuing your employees, and recognizing their efforts. It goes a long way!

At LSI i have been encouraged supported by management.

Current Employee - Hospitality Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Hospitality Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All of the staff at LSI are very welcoming. After only working at LSI for a short amount of time, I was made to feel like a very valued member of the team. Management always takes time to ask how I feel about the job, if I'm doing well and what my next career goal is. At times we are very busy but everyone supports one another. The environment is fun and management is constantly doing thin go to show us we are appreciated. My hours are great and I'm never asked to over extend myself and give up a life outside of work. This is much better than jobs I've had in the past.

Cons

A majority of the corporate positions are in Tampa, FL. If you are interested in one of those types of positions, it may be necessary for you to relocate.

Continue to allow staff to work with one another on making improvements and having an influence on situations that affect them. It makes us know we have made an investment in our happiness on a work level.

Employee

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exceptional Employee benefits and support

Cons

Very commercial and sales driven.

Sales

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and smart people to work with. The best part of the job is to be part of a process in the patient's overall life changing experience.

Cons

Poor Management in all areas! Lack of communication and the overall business model is all about numbers and $$$ versus the actual patient now. Sad!! :(

Please get help with hiring experienced managers versus promoting an employee with none and expect the company to move in the right direction.

Laser Spine Institute Photos