Laser Spine Institute Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Bill Horne

Pros
  • The company really values hard work and innovation on the part of employees (in 5 reviews)

• Everybody is very dedicated to growing the organization and helping people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication and the overall business model is all about numbers and (in 2 reviews)

• Not many options for lunch in the area (in 2 reviews)

1. Great Place To Work!!!

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with LSI because they appreciates and recognized their employees hard work.

Cons

So far, I have no Cons. I'm fairly new and have not seen it heard anything bad about LSI.

Advice to Management

Better training for new employees to learn about LSI. Hold a class training for maybe 2-3 weeks.

2. RN

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute

Pros

Great work environment. Cares about patients.

Cons

No lunch options. New management not giving back as much to employees

3. LSI Review

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treats you like family. Great benefits. Advancement opportunities.

Cons

Communication needs improvement. Senior Management shows favoritism.

Advice to Management

Work on communication, favoritism, and nepotism.

This could be a great place

Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere if you are young! lots of fun events are held to keep your interest. They really do try to keep you entertained. It is like a college atmosphere daily. Always people playing golf, corn hole, ping pong, etc. They try to cater in lunch as much as possible. Better paying that most jobs out there!!!

Cons

They truly sell you on the job. You end up working massive amounts of hours and cant always meet your goals. There are also a lot of ethical concerns I had. Seems like a lot of people drink the kool-aid so to speak that they even believe it.

Advice to Management

Stop giving "Management" answers and treat employee's as peers. Dont just say your transparent, actually be transparent.

6. CHOICE values

Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great people. I love working with people who care as much as I do about seeing patients get their lives back. Top notch pay and benefits

Cons

Work-life balance can be off in the consultant position. Have to be willing to work long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep people of the highest integrity on staff. It helps to build an amazing culture and it will continue to help sustain growth.

Marvelous company, especially for someone at the genesis of his career.

Current Employee - Web Content Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Web Content Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The first impression I can't stress enough is how friendly everyone is -It's a rapidly-growing company (cliché, but very true) with a ton of room for growth -They understand my career goals and will facilitate it in order for me to achieve it -The perks are great. Let's just say they don't spare any expense on treating their employees right -Above all, you get to be part of a huge effort to save and improve the lives of many people

Cons

-If you're health conscious in any manner, best to bring your own lunch. The catered food, randomly appearing snacks out of nowhere, and nearby lunch options, although delicious, aren't there to keep you slim.

Proceed with caution.

I worked at Laser Spine Institute (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the colleagues on my professional level were some of the best group of people to have worked with. This company offers a generous time off incentive as well as sick time, healthcare, holidays, etc. Pay was decent. Free parking, although scarce but still free; nice location by the water and my commute from my home was quick and painless. This company has some money to throw around because everywhere I turned, there's an elaborate catered lunch.

Cons

Incestuous environment----The biggest peeve was everyone on the management level was either related/married or already friends before their employment there. Which in some cases, it's fine--but here, it became its own sub-culture. It almost felt clique-y. You weren't sure if you could voice your concerns over anything about the company or another co-worker/manager because they would then take it personal because more than likely, you're voicing a concern about their "friend" or "husband" or whatever. A lot of closed door meetings; our superior was not very approachable. There were a lot of "inflated" titles and promotions for upper management being thrown about to people who are barely out of their 20s, who also happen to be part of that incestuous "in-crowd" so if you're not one of them, don't expect a promotion within 5 months of employment; and those with longer tenures there are just given bogus titles to appease them into staying. Unstable at times---- During my time, I've witnessed many dismissals and terminations under the guise of "isolated" incidents. One was allegedly terminated in retaliation over an alleged formal complaint that was made. Others were people leaving because they were on the verge of being terminated --(probably to make room for a manager/director's relative or spouse who needs a job). After being there a while, I've noticed that there's usually a common denominator with these incidents, always being tied to the same person --giving me the impression that some of these dismissals are of a personal nature. This is what happens when you have young, inflated "leaders" managing a group of professionals from different environments. And when they're not terminating and instead someone gives their notice, they are then given the cold shoulder for the remainder of their time at the company-- too many people taking things like that personally shows me the immaturity of some of the management there. Not to mention, the micromanaging that goes on there. Inexperienced managers who probably read a "Management for Dummies" book on how to manage a group of employees. Come on. There is no real upward movement --- I didn't see many opportunities for me there for upward movement and even though I was given a timeline of growth, nothing was implemented. But--I wasn't part of the sub-culture there, so I was overlooked. Also, please consider when reading these reviews on this site that a good 60% of them bogus--current employees that went into crisis mode and petitioned everyone to submit a review to up the score for PR. Be objective when reading reviews.

Advice to Management

Enough with the chiefs and work on the indians. You should have more of the latter than the former.

Great place for Midlevels

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed the culture, the customer service and patient focus. Management really works to hire staff with a patient focus, and this manifests itself. Patients really seem to feel this. The pace can be challenging but the days go fast. There is always opportunity for ambitious and energetic employees to grow and expand their skills. The company really values hard work and innovation on the part of employees.

Cons

Communication of medical data between facilities can be challenging, but not a big deal really. Some of the hiccups of a fast growing company, but management seems to be working to mitigate these.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people with the right values/focus on the patient!

Great opportunity to work for a growing organization!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is like no other organization I've ever worked for. We work hard but don't take ourselves too seriously. If your willing to work hard, open to learning, and have a desire to grow, you are given the tools to succeed.

Cons

Change frequently and quickly, elm which is difficult for some.

11. Love the growth and opportunity to develop as a professional

Current Employee - Spine Care Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love how everyone's goals are aligned. The vision is simple and that is to help as many patients as possible. I'm proud that LSI puts the patient first in everything they do. Its a company founded on values to be proud of.

Cons

Be ready to work hard everyday. Strategic agility is an important attribute to have as things change with the rapid growth. with the growth is opportunity.

RSS Feed </> Embed