Laser Spine Institute

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
4.4

Bill Horne

Love the growth and opportunity to develop as a professional

Current Employee - Spine Care Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love how everyone's goals are aligned. The vision is simple and that is to help as many patients as possible. I'm proud that LSI puts the patient first in everything they do. Its a company founded on values to be proud of.

Cons

Be ready to work hard everyday. Strategic agility is an important attribute to have as things change with the rapid growth. with the growth is opportunity.

Great place for Midlevels

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really enjoyed the culture, the customer service and patient focus. Management really works to hire staff with a patient focus, and this manifests itself. Patients really seem to feel this. The pace can be challenging but the days go fast. There is always opportunity for ambitious and energetic employees to grow and expand their skills. The company really values hard work and innovation on the part of employees.

Cons

Communication of medical data between facilities can be challenging, but not a big deal really. Some of the hiccups of a fast growing company, but management seems to be working to mitigate these.

Keep hiring people with the right values/focus on the patient!

Great opportunity to work for a growing organization!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is like no other organization I've ever worked for. We work hard but don't take ourselves too seriously. If your willing to work hard, open to learning, and have a desire to grow, you are given the tools to succeed.

Cons

Change frequently and quickly, elm which is difficult for some.

20 years of working and this place is the best!

Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the culture at LSI. My coworkers are more like family. I have always felt support from my bosses here and never feel like my opinion doesn't count. Great benefits and the company is always willing to give back to their employees.

Cons

The only con is a few people that are not welcoming in HR. It doesn't represent the rest of the company.

The leadership at LSI is truly amazing.

Encouraged to Grow and Always Recognized For a Job Well Done

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many "best" reasons to work here, but to name a few:
    1) You get recognition for a job well done, and supervisors make sure credit is given where credit is due
    2) The core values are enforced and all employees do a better job because of them
    3) It's not just about the bottom line - employee benefits are a focus and priority, and the company is centered around the best patient experience possible
    4) Office culture is a lot of fun - there are team building events periodically, catered food and happy hours to celebrate milestones
    5) You are encouraged to grow in the direction that best suits you, and you're able to shadow other departments if you're looking to change paths.They believe in cultivating talent and promoting from within.
    6) Compensation is fair and competitive - I've never felt cheated out of pay for the work that is expected of me/time that I put in

Cons

It's not really a "con", but in order to work here you need to be able to adapt to changing direction or strategy, which sometimes can change from week to week.

Keep valuing your employees, and recognizing their efforts. It goes a long way!

At LSI i have been encouraged supported by management.

Current Employee - Hospitality Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Hospitality Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All of the staff at LSI are very welcoming. After only working at LSI for a short amount of time, I was made to feel like a very valued member of the team. Management always takes time to ask how I feel about the job, if I'm doing well and what my next career goal is. At times we are very busy but everyone supports one another. The environment is fun and management is constantly doing thin go to show us we are appreciated. My hours are great and I'm never asked to over extend myself and give up a life outside of work. This is much better than jobs I've had in the past.

Cons

A majority of the corporate positions are in Tampa, FL. If you are interested in one of those types of positions, it may be necessary for you to relocate.

Continue to allow staff to work with one another on making improvements and having an influence on situations that affect them. It makes us know we have made an investment in our happiness on a work level.

Rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my time at Laser Spine Institute, I've received nothing but the best from my colleagues and senior management. The company moves quickly, and tasks can be challenging, but I've never worked for a company that cares so much about its employees. Receiving positive feedback and encouragement (both through email and in person) happen frequently at Laser Spine Institute, which pushes employees to continue to work hard. The company is expanding nationally and appears to be headed for continued success.

Cons

This is more of a knock against the Rocky Point area than Laser Spine Institute, but there are few offsite options to grab a bite for lunch.

Great Work Place

Current Employee - Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked in many companies ranked with Tampa Bay Business Journals "Best Places To Work". And have never been more excited and challenged with opportunity. And supported by the most caring work environment, that puts the correct priorities first and follows through with commitment.

Cons

None as of yet so far....

Keep the good work up.......

Rewarding job for motivated and career oriented employees!

Current Employee - Senior Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive atmosphere. You work with highly motivated and successful people. Rewarding and satisfying job. Helping patients get their life back.

Cons

Not for everyone because of the challenging atmosphere. If you can not embrace change, this is not the place for you.

Never stop asking for feedback from employees, patients and partners. Continue to motivate employees to further their education and assist with tuition.

Can't Imagine Working for a Better Company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked in several areas of this company over the past 5 years and have always been treated, compensated, and encouraged well. LSI believes in both their service to patients and in their employees. We are always encouraged to pursue growth and are equipped to do so.

Cons

As the Company grows, communicating to staff at other facilities can be a challenge but it's is to be expected. There are really no cons if you are the type of person who accepts challenges and cares about what you do each day.

Keep listening to the staff and patients the way you do and we are sure to continue to succeed.

Laser Spine Institute Photos