Laser Spine Institute

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Bill Horne

Rewarding place to work

Communications Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIn my time at Laser Spine Institute, I've received nothing but the best from my colleagues and senior management. The company moves quickly, and tasks can be challenging, but I've never worked for a company that cares so much about its employees. Receiving positive feedback and encouragement (both through email and in person) happen frequently at Laser Spine Institute, which pushes employees to continue to work hard. The company is expanding nationally and appears to be headed for continued success.

ConsThis is more of a knock against the Rocky Point area than Laser Spine Institute, but there are few offsite options to grab a bite for lunch.

Great Work Place

Care Consultant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI have worked in many companies ranked with Tampa Bay Business Journals "Best Places To Work". And have never been more excited and challenged with opportunity. And supported by the most caring work environment, that puts the correct priorities first and follows through with commitment.

ConsNone as of yet so far....

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work up.......

Rewarding job for motivated and career oriented employees!

Senior Director (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCompetitive atmosphere. You work with highly motivated and successful people. Rewarding and satisfying job. Helping patients get their life back.

ConsNot for everyone because of the challenging atmosphere. If you can not embrace change, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop asking for feedback from employees, patients and partners. Continue to motivate employees to further their education and assist with tuition.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can't Imagine Working for a Better Company

Anonymous (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI've worked in several areas of this company over the past 5 years and have always been treated, compensated, and encouraged well. LSI believes in both their service to patients and in their employees. We are always encouraged to pursue growth and are equipped to do so.

ConsAs the Company grows, communicating to staff at other facilities can be a challenge but it's is to be expected. There are really no cons if you are the type of person who accepts challenges and cares about what you do each day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the staff and patients the way you do and we are sure to continue to succeed.

Honestly, the best place I've worked.

SEO Copywriter (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsOpen door policy for discussion of concerns
    Always willing to change, grow and improve policies
    Friendly environment
    Lots of team building activities
    Managers really try to meet their team's needs each day. I'm never afraid to ask for help, a new project, or guidance.
    Leadership always pushes us to do new tasks, bettering ourselves and our roles
    I feel like I am a stronger employee each day that I am with the company
    The patients' needs really are always at the forefront of every single thing we do
    The leadership really cares about the company, employees and overall integrity and quality of ourservices

ConsVery large company, sometimes it is hard to integrate all of the different departments
    Other than that, there are no real cons other than what you would find at any company. The business plan and leadership can be perfect, but when you are working with 700+ employees there will always be that rotten egg that makes complaining their role. LSI is good at communicating though, so this is a rarity.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for all you do to encourage, grow, support and better us as employees and individuals each day.

Best decision I ever made coming to LSI

Office Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsMany opportunities for growth, great 401K, good health insurance, tuition reimbursement, car insurance discounts with Metlife, cell phone provider discounts, discounts at gyms, FitLife Foods, theme parks, wellness program to earn points for more discounts. Embrace change (could be seen as a Con to some people) - constantly evolving - willing to try a new process and change it if it doesn't work. We really put the patient first - management supports suggestions that better patient services. Listen to employees.

ConsIt's a little far from my house - I knew that when I started the job though

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve communication - I feel this is already in progress.

There's no other company I'd rather work for - patients and employees come first!

ProsThe company culture is amazing. The care for a patient's entire experience and surgical outcome comes first. Co-workers are like family which makes patient care so good.

ConsThe company is and has been growing by leaps and bounds since day 1. If you cannot handle a super fast paced environment, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing!

Wonderful place to work

ProsI could not be happier with working at LSI. It is such a great atmosphere and a fun work environment. This company is expanding quickly and there is so much room for advancing in your career. The company truly values their employees and it shows. I started with this company right out of college and I can't not think of anywhere else I would rather be working!

ConsTime off would be the only thing I can think of as a con. I wish, for the amount of hours put in that either there was more time off rewarded or that our hours carried over into the following year.

Great work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsLaser Spine Institute is a great company to work for. Everyone is very helpful and works together to accomplish goals. The company believes in a healthy work life balance. Employees are very nice, management is very motivating and the view from the building is great.

ConsThe cafe has limited options for lunch

Amazing company in Tampa

Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThis is a company that really cares about their employees. Top management is always asking for feedback from staff on how we can improve. I will say you have to work hard, we do not have many slackers. You also get to feel really good about the impact you have on people's lives. I have seen patients come in with a wheelchair and leave walking on their own. I really love working here

ConsNot a lot of places to choose from for lunch. However the company does buy lunch a lot for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Worked for Laser Spine Institute? Contribute to the Community!