Laser Spine Institute

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
4.4

Bill Horne

Where health and happiness go to die

I worked at Laser Spine Institute (more than an year)

Pros

Are there any? if you like shows and propoganda, cheerleading you'll be happy here. Depending on which dept you work, you may or may not learn some new things.

Cons

Realizing every day that your breaking your back to make other people rich and getting treated like crap in return. mgmt lacks compassion and fairness and takes advantage of a kool aid kids culture. Messages to be republican, Christian and straight make things uncomfortable. it felt like working for devil.

None they're the smartest people in the room, advice is a waste of time and suggesting anything makes you a target

Rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my time at Laser Spine Institute, I've received nothing but the best from my colleagues and senior management. The company moves quickly, and tasks can be challenging, but I've never worked for a company that cares so much about its employees. Receiving positive feedback and encouragement (both through email and in person) happen frequently at Laser Spine Institute, which pushes employees to continue to work hard. The company is expanding nationally and appears to be headed for continued success.

Cons

This is more of a knock against the Rocky Point area than Laser Spine Institute, but there are few offsite options to grab a bite for lunch.

Very Rewarding Job - Best job I ever had

Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Spine Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement
    Opportunities to relocate
    Great Culture
    Good Benefits
    Get to earn a good living actually helping people
    Management that asks for employee feedback
    Able to work from home 1 or 2 days per week

Cons

Easy to fall behind when you take your vacation time off since your pipeline of patients runs out and it takes awhile to ramp up again to meet your objectives. They give you a little relief but needs to be more so you can actually de-stress on vacation and come back to work without meeting your next objective.

Please continue to allow employees to work from home. There is no reason an employee who spends their entire day on the phone, needs to drive into work to do their job. One day a week in the is enough to perform my job.

Rewarding job for motivated and career oriented employees!

Current Employee - Senior Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive atmosphere. You work with highly motivated and successful people. Rewarding and satisfying job. Helping patients get their life back.

Cons

Not for everyone because of the challenging atmosphere. If you can not embrace change, this is not the place for you.

Never stop asking for feedback from employees, patients and partners. Continue to motivate employees to further their education and assist with tuition.

Great Work Place

Current Employee - Care Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Care Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked in many companies ranked with Tampa Bay Business Journals "Best Places To Work". And have never been more excited and challenged with opportunity. And supported by the most caring work environment, that puts the correct priorities first and follows through with commitment.

Cons

None as of yet so far....

Keep the good work up.......

Honestly, the best place I've worked.

Current Employee - SEO Copywriter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SEO Copywriter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open door policy for discussion of concerns
    Always willing to change, grow and improve policies
    Friendly environment
    Lots of team building activities
    Managers really try to meet their team's needs each day. I'm never afraid to ask for help, a new project, or guidance.
    Leadership always pushes us to do new tasks, bettering ourselves and our roles
    I feel like I am a stronger employee each day that I am with the company
    The patients' needs really are always at the forefront of every single thing we do
    The leadership really cares about the company, employees and overall integrity and quality of ourservices

Cons

Very large company, sometimes it is hard to integrate all of the different departments
    Other than that, there are no real cons other than what you would find at any company. The business plan and leadership can be perfect, but when you are working with 700+ employees there will always be that rotten egg that makes complaining their role. LSI is good at communicating though, so this is a rarity.

Thank you for all you do to encourage, grow, support and better us as employees and individuals each day.

Can't Imagine Working for a Better Company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked in several areas of this company over the past 5 years and have always been treated, compensated, and encouraged well. LSI believes in both their service to patients and in their employees. We are always encouraged to pursue growth and are equipped to do so.

Cons

As the Company grows, communicating to staff at other facilities can be a challenge but it's is to be expected. There are really no cons if you are the type of person who accepts challenges and cares about what you do each day.

Keep listening to the staff and patients the way you do and we are sure to continue to succeed.

Best decision I ever made coming to LSI

Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many opportunities for growth, great 401K, good health insurance, tuition reimbursement, car insurance discounts with Metlife, cell phone provider discounts, discounts at gyms, FitLife Foods, theme parks, wellness program to earn points for more discounts. Embrace change (could be seen as a Con to some people) - constantly evolving - willing to try a new process and change it if it doesn't work. We really put the patient first - management supports suggestions that better patient services. Listen to employees.

Cons

It's a little far from my house - I knew that when I started the job though

Continue to improve communication - I feel this is already in progress.

There's no other company I'd rather work for - patients and employees come first!

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute

Pros

The company culture is amazing. The care for a patient's entire experience and surgical outcome comes first. Co-workers are like family which makes patient care so good.

Cons

The company is and has been growing by leaps and bounds since day 1. If you cannot handle a super fast paced environment, this is not the place for you.

Continue doing what you're doing!

Lots of Growth Potential!

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

The company is open to new ideas and change. Access to executive leadership is incredible. With that comes lots of growth opportunities. The company is constantly establishing new leadership programs and investing in employee potential. The benefits are great and almost everyone at the company is in the healthcare industry for the right reasons.

Cons

In some departments there is a lack of communication and transparency but I feel that is common at most corporations.

Laser Spine Institute Photos