Laser Spine Institute

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
4.4

Bill Horne

Hired in a new position, with little direction and discarded like a piece of paper

Current Employee - OR Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - OR Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff is friendly and they care about the patients. Most are very hard workers who enjoy their jobs

Cons

Good old boys and girls network, if you don't make into the clicks then you will be an out case.

Stop cutting corners

A good place to work.

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I consistently feel that my work is appreciated. My department has a family-like atmosphere. Expression of opinion is encouraged and sought after. Everyone is treated as a worthy teammate. Have a quarterly award luncheon where employees are recognized and rewarded for their hard work.

Cons

Change is constant and can be overwhelming at times, but if it was stagnant, I would be complaining. Need more interaction between departments.

A Great place to work

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very professional atmosphere with having fun at the same time. They really care about their employees and making sure they are always smiling and enjoying their roles in the company.

Cons

Not all departments have team building sessions. Not a gas station close by.

Great Company. They thave treated me better than any former employer

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team Concept, Take Excellent care of employees(prizes, lunches catered at least once per week, very understanding and willing to work with you), rewarding job by helping patients get out of pain, great benefits, paid holidays, unlimited overtime

Cons

long hours, on the phone for many hours

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Copywriter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros to working at Laser Spine Institute. My favorite is the company's commitment to its core values - Care, Have fun, ONE TEAM, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence. I also really appreciate how Laser Spine Institute is always thinking of the patient. We're continually looking for ways to be more patient centric in our actions.

Cons

As with any place of employment, there are some things that would be considered a "con." What I like about Laser Spine Institute, though, is the management's willingness to work with its employees to make sure they feel valued.

I am pleased with the management at Laser Spine Institute. I appreciate how they consider the comments and suggestions of each team member. My only advice would be to continue that tradition.

Not for everyone

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time

Pros

There are plenty of opportunities to add new skills to your resume when you leave because almost everyone is required to learn new things quickly.

Cons

I'm hesitant to ever fill out bad reviews but feel an obligation to guard fellow job seekers from unpleasant tenure. If you have integrity this company will beat you down and send you home a depressed fool with a little more spending money than usual. If you don't, you'll be fine because you won't know the difference.

You don't succeed here by being good and working hard. You succeed by kissing up to the other sycophants. Your personal life is subject to the whims of managers who agree to anything from the C-suite and care about no one. It's like a cult. I once had my manager say in a meeting "we don't disagree, we buy in". Same manager also said "no one should need more than 30 min for lunch". Leaders care only about "getting it done"- which never translates to managing or critical thinking. With the exception of a few, most management is rude and has the etiquette of dustpans. While you're slaving away trying to earn recognition, some family member or church friend of upper management is being hired for a role they're unqualified for. Count on it. Benefits are mediocre at best. Far below what a company with this kind of ego should offer.

Fire yourselves.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I actually enjoy coming to work each day. Everybody that works here is so friendly. People offer you help all the time. It's a team here. Everybody is very dedicated to growing the organization and helping people. My team is great! I learn so much from them.
    Leadership is really amazing about recognizing employee's accomplishments. They ask for you opinion and actually listen to it. I really love it here!

Cons

Location- there isn't anywhere good to grab a quick lunch

Keep it up!

Positive Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has a positive work atmosphere, fair compensations, and provides good growth opportunity. LSI’s leadership does a good job of not micromanaging its employees tasks and gives solid resources to help you better perform at your job.

Cons

Location is in a high traffic area of town, which can be kind of difficult to get anywhere fast during morning and afternoon rush hour.

I love working here!

I have been working at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is my first job out of college, and I couldn't be happier. I actually love going to work everyday. My team is full of smart and hard working people. I've learned so much from working here. The leadership makes sure that their teams are recognized for their accomplishments, and they seek and actually listen to feedback.
    It's awesome working at a place where you are able to help people everyday. It makes my job very rewarding.

Cons

This place is not for everyone. If you are not a hard worker or you don't get along with many people, it's not the job for you.

They treat you like family.

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Laser Spine Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They stress a healthy work life balance. For those proven talented and who also are interested in positions in management, most likely overtime hours will need to be clocked. LSI promotes continued education and will reimburse for educational courses. There is a strong sense of community in the office and also LSI is involved in community service. Lastly, LSI employees have fun together in and out of work. The company is not stuffy in the office, but laid back yet very professional.

Cons

To fulfill your job duties, you may have to work beyond the normal 9-5 job.

Keep up the hard work. Don't stress about the things you can't control. Thanks for everything but most importantly the opportunity to work for such an innovative up and coming company.

Laser Spine Institute Photos