Lasership Reviews

Still Learning

Current Employee - Contractor  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Lasership as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to learn the industry - very intelligent and qualified staff and management at local branch. I've never seen a group of people more motivated to outperform themselves every day.
    The company is very structured in their management style - you may see the C.E.O or the Regional Manager walking around on any given day. While this can sometimes be intimidating, it is reassuring to see that those above you are actively contributing to the success of the branch.

Great benefits for salaried employees.

Cons

The company is still working out the kinks in their system and trying new ideas to improve it. This process causes a lot of friction because policies tend to change often.
    Payroll is very complex so there are sometimes discrepancies for contractors. Resolving this should be a priority for the company during this time of expansion.

Lasership also needs to work on its online presence. I am writing this review because I feel like there is a disproportionate amount of negative information on the internet about this company. There are hundreds of people working diligently to deliver thousands of packages every day here in the NoVA area and it's hard to find a good word about the people or organization behind it all. 10-15k+ successful deliveries are made each day in a 20 mile radius of this facility.

Corporate should recognize the outstanding progress being made and invest more in their key players. As a contractor who's seen both sides of the fence, I have faith in Lasership's business model and direction.

Worst job ever

I worked at Lasership

Pros

There are no pros in the New Jersey branch in east Rutherford.

Cons

Extremely Unprofessional, if you aren't related or having sexual relations with the managers they mistreat you & discriminate if you don't speak Spanish. Constantly making inappropriate comments to females and favorite their siblings that work there. Everyone that has a title only has it because they did some sexual favor or related. Lies about the pay & they also steal all accounts packages but tell the customer they are investigating the situation to cover so the seller can assist. Very unsafe procedures happen daily. That place is a nightmare and truly don't care for customers, accounts, or employees. Btw they love giving write ups so they can hold it against you if you try file for unemployment.

Fire everyone there. Get a whole new team that actual care and are about business

This company has a high turnover employment ratio!

Current Employee - Courier  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Courier in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Lasership as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

No benefits, Poor professionalism in staff, Overworked & Underpaid, You are liable for expenses and maintenance of your own vehicle.

Don't expect to be entitle for providing our time if we there is no room for career growth and benefits.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE EMPLOYER

Current Employee - Office Personell  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Office Personell in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lasership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are NO pros to working for this company!

Cons

Managers are permitted to curse, yell, throw things, slam doors etc. in the office. They curse at their employees. If you are salary they pay you very minimally and expect you to work 10 plus hours per day. Make a call to corporate about benefit information or to discuss issues and no one will call you back.

They need some serious training on how to treat their employees period.

My experience at LaserShip was what I needed to gain needed experience in the customer service/receptionist field.

Former Employee - Dispatcher  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA

I worked at Lasership full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can move up in this company pretty quickly. There are also set schedules.

Cons

The position in which I was working was salary based and they did not compensate for working over-time, however they always wanted everyone to do so.

AWFUL WORK PLACE AND AN EVEN WORSE PLACE TO COUNT ON FOR DELIVERIES

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Lasership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing at all, to be avoided at all costs.
    Not worth the pressure of a last minute delivery that you will never get paid for.
    By far the worst of the worst.

Cons

- Low compensation (forcing many employee to steal packages)
     - Incompetent dispatchers (the good ones get fired in no time because they are perceived as a threat)
     - Incompetent call takers (The good ones get fired for the same reason mentioned above)
     - Management ACTUALLY robs you, so you HAVE to verify AND review every paycheck so as to you ensure getting paid for every delivery

Everybody needs to be fired and do a total rehiring, the very few good management and employees need to be retrained.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Driver  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Driver in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Lasership full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was an easy job.

Cons

The truck was never on time

Have more respect for your drivers

Most Unbelievably Morally Corrupt Company. Ladies, beware. Horrible place.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Manager  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lasership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They were sold…that's a plus. Old management (All bad people…severely personality-disordered but pretend they're family men), relegated to the Board.

Cons

Everything - beware. Hire everyone who would basically be stuck there or don't have the skills yet to move on. Only the horribly broken stay

Advice to NEW management, clean this place up. Everyone from the old CEO, the old CFO (Controller), the old President and the sales people there are some of the most ethically challenged people I've ever met and enable the culture there. It's a horrible place. Ladies, beware. Stay away. Trucking companies just aren't a great place for professionalism.

Lasership doesn't pay you what that contract to pay you.

Former Employee - Courier  in  Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Courier in Woburn, MA

I worked at Lasership as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Once out on the road making deliveries, nice customers.

Cons

Lie, cheat, steal. Illegally declare drivers as independent contractors.

Pay what is contracted.

Horrible.

Former Employee - Douche In Chief (Apparently)  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Douche In Chief (Apparently) in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lasership full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can't find any pros. Maybe commute. Maybe. But even that was quite bad. Other than that I cannot find any pros whatsoever.

Cons

Horrible company. Manager sexually harasses people. Packages get stolen all the time. I left within 2 weeks of starting.

GET A LIFE. AND A BRAIN. Please. This company is absolutely horrible. Do not work for it, ever.

Lasership Photos

LaserShip On Delivery to You

+ Add Photo

Worked for Lasership? Contribute to the Community!