Lasership
www.lasership.com Vienna, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Lasership Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Lasership – US – “LaserShip On Delivery to You”

Ali Dilmaghani

Still Learning

Contractor (Current Employee)
    Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat opportunity to learn the industry - very intelligent and qualified staff and management at local branch. I've never seen a group of people more motivated to outperform themselves every day.
    The company is very structured in their management style - you may see the C.E.O or the Regional Manager walking around on any given day. While this can sometimes be intimidating, it is reassuring to see that those above you are actively contributing to the success of the branch.

Great benefits for salaried employees.

ConsThe company is still working out the kinks in their system and trying new ideas to improve it. This process causes a lot of friction because policies tend to change often.
    Payroll is very complex so there are sometimes discrepancies for contractors. Resolving this should be a priority for the company during this time of expansion.

Advice to Senior ManagementLasership also needs to work on its online presence. I am writing this review because I feel like there is a disproportionate amount of negative information on the internet about this company. There are hundreds of people working diligently to deliver thousands of packages every day here in the NoVA area and it's hard to find a good word about the people or organization behind it all. 10-15k+ successful deliveries are made each day in a 20 mile radius of this facility.

Corporate should recognize the outstanding progress being made and invest more in their key players. As a contractor who's seen both sides of the fence, I have faith in Lasership's business model and direction.

AWFUL WORK PLACE AND AN EVEN WORSE PLACE TO COUNT ON FOR DELIVERIES

Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsNothing at all, to be avoided at all costs.
    Not worth the pressure of a last minute delivery that you will never get paid for.
    By far the worst of the worst.

Cons- Low compensation (forcing many employee to steal packages)
     - Incompetent dispatchers (the good ones get fired in no time because they are perceived as a threat)
     - Incompetent call takers (The good ones get fired for the same reason mentioned above)
     - Management ACTUALLY robs you, so you HAVE to verify AND review every paycheck so as to you ensure getting paid for every delivery

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody needs to be fired and do a total rehiring, the very few good management and employees need to be retrained.

Disappointed

Driver (Current Employee)
    Hagerstown, MD

ProsIt was an easy job.

ConsThe truck was never on time

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more respect for your drivers

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most Unbelievably Morally Corrupt Company. Ladies, beware. Horrible place.

Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsThey were sold…that's a plus. Old management (All bad people…severely personality-disordered but pretend they're family men), relegated to the Board.

ConsEverything - beware. Hire everyone who would basically be stuck there or don't have the skills yet to move on. Only the horribly broken stay

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to NEW management, clean this place up. Everyone from the old CEO, the old CFO (Controller), the old President and the sales people there are some of the most ethically challenged people I've ever met and enable the culture there. It's a horrible place. Ladies, beware. Stay away. Trucking companies just aren't a great place for professionalism.

Lasership doesn't pay you what that contract to pay you.

Courier (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsOnce out on the road making deliveries, nice customers.

ConsLie, cheat, steal. Illegally declare drivers as independent contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay what is contracted.

Horrible.

Douche In Chief (Apparently) (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsCan't find any pros. Maybe commute. Maybe. But even that was quite bad. Other than that I cannot find any pros whatsoever.

ConsHorrible company. Manager sexually harasses people. Packages get stolen all the time. I left within 2 weeks of starting.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET A LIFE. AND A BRAIN. Please. This company is absolutely horrible. Do not work for it, ever.

Very laid back job, horrible company unfortunately

Central Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsHour lunch break; lots of downtime

ConsIncompetent drivers and branch dispatchers. Not all dispatchers are bad, but some are just rude and not helpful at all. Customers call in for an ETA, the branch will say the package will be delivered by 8p. The next day, we'll find out that the package was mis-scanned, so the driver never actually had it! Bam! Escalation that could've been avoided if the branch would've contacted the driver to confirm.
    Drivers seem to always mis deliver packages and don't "recover" them until the next day. How can you misdeliver to a house 10 miles away!? Then claim you're using GPS!? Seriously. The company is just a big mess, honestly. Glad to have departed, will not be on my resume!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some literate, honest drivers. I've heard dispatchers say that a lot of the drivers are Hispanic and can barely read English. Which explains the numerous misdeliveries. Hire some friendly branch reps that'll actually do their jobs! Purchase company vehicles, customers often complained about not trusting drivers who pull up in their actual cars. Enforce the company policies. Aren't doortags supposed to be left on every attempt? Well they're not. If a customer requests a call upon arrival or deliver between business hours, why aren't their requests fulfilled? Get it together, please.

It gives me the work experience that I needed for something better.

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsThey should add more overtime.

Work at your own pace, paychecks are always off by the $200+

Driver (Current Employee)
    Chantilly, VA

ProsYou work at your own pace, that's about it.

ConsManagement drag their feet when you have payroll discrepancies. Usually takes 3wks to a month to resolve. You buy your own gas which costs $100-$200/wk. No benifits, you get charged $50/wk to use their scanners. You work til about 9-10PM making it hard to see house numbers, if any.

Advice to Senior ManagementVerify drivers pay before submitting payroll. Then cheating drivers $200+ per check. And have a.m drivers deliver business pkgs that close at 5p Let p.m's worry about resident pkgs. Have pkgs at warehouse before 1pm, so p.ms dont leave warehouse at 3,or 4pm. Just be more organized, and acknowlege those who work for you. A simple hello, or how you're doing goes a long way. I suggest a weekly or even a monthly meeting so drivers and management are on the same page.

Interview process was professional and friendly.

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsThe company has a great overview for the future and will only continue to expand, if you get a chance to speak with the higher levels of management you will come away very impressed.

ConsThe cons of working for any shipping company or really any service industry is that the customer is never wrong and if packages are not shipped on time, all hell will break loose and you need to call them down even if they are erratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, please stay grounded and humble and continue to care about your employees because we are the ones doing the work the world will enjoy.

Worked for Lasership? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lasership reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lasership CEO Ali Dilmaghani. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Lasership employees.