Lash Group Reviews

Updated September 5, 2014
2.2

Lash Group President Tracy Foster
Tracy Foster

Pros
  • Many employees have been able to work from home (smart move on their part) (in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is great as the company has a work from home program (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's like working in a high school (in 5 reviews)

• Must wear professional clothing, even though no one there is professional, and it is a call center (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Awsome!

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, co-workers are super nice as well as managers.

Cons

There isn't really anything I didn't like about the company.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Support Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Lash Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful team work, training, and documentation to get the customer's issue resolved as soon as possible.

Cons

Not easy to get a full-time job in the field, you have to start off doing something that is not in the IT field - like a Data Entry (scanning documents) or calling customers for Insurance Information to just get a foot in the door. By taking some job outside the IT field will only hurt the individual when finding a job.

none

patient case coordinator

I worked at Lash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

helping patients get medication at no cost

Cons

Management is ruthless and inconsiderate

Hire better Operational Managers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

People of color will not advance

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is extensive if you are new to insurance coverage.

Cons

If you are not related or have not be friended senior management you will not go far. Diversity is not a strong suit. Management treats you like work horses with no intention of advancement. The environment is toxic.

Lash

Current Employee - Benefits Verification Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Benefits Verification Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall company is good for employee they provide things for there employees such as a nap room, a break room with free drinks and different come to sell u lunch so u dont have to go out.

Cons

It is hard to move up in company and job does get boring doing the same thing over and over

Give more chances for employees to move up

Roller coaster

Former Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Lash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits as far as health insurance and retirement plans.

Cons

Not family-friendly. Some of the management staff has no professional skills.

Management staff needs to abide by company policies rather than making rules up as they go. No clear direction for the staff.

Depressing

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Reading previous negative reviews here, it seems as if I wrote every one. Past couple years many of us have been pigeon holed into call center positions. Once a decent place to work, Lash Group becomes worse daily-corporate dress code instated less than a year ago. Professional dress now required when the trend has been to adopt casual dress code nationally! Why do we have to dress professionally, when the only interaction we have is with our monitors and phones! Call center mentality and completely incompetent management. Interesting positions go to "buddies" or people who have stuck in here for so long management feels obligated to offer them positions rather than those who are qualified. Every day I wish I could quit, but finding jobs online is very hard, especially if your resume lists Lash Group. Reverse discrimination, cliques, tasteless and gaudy getups, ghastly grammar. Received raises simply because consultants keep reporting this place underpays. If you have half a brain, you're over qualified to work at Lash Group. Micromanaged to the max-treated like juveniles delinquents who must be watched constantly.

Get a backbone, an education and practice what you preach.

Don't work here

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits are affordable and the work is mostly Monday-Friday hours.

Cons

Too many to talk about. PTO is a joke(you have to give advanced notice to take a day off of your earned time otherwise you have a write up). Management is very unprofessional, they talk and joke with their buddies on the team and ignor others. The new quality audits are hard to pass and if you are not a favorite you will not pass one. Management does not like to hear feedback or suggestions, states that "its how it has always been done". Childish coworkers that treat the process like high school. When I was first hired I was told this was not a call center. Recently heard a senior program manager tell a coworker "we are a call center". All activities are strictly controlled. Lunch breaks are given in a two hour time window. TIme sheets are tracked closely and they will reject if they don't think your time sheet matches what they believe you should work. Strong focus on numbers and meeting production causing some people to work off the clock(although when you talk to management they deny it happens.) Don't work here unless you absolutely need a job!

Stop micromanaging people. Allow people to work and accomplish goals without managing every single detail of the day. STOP sending hourly production reports that do not include any recognition of the difference in tasks. Recognize that the people you have as managers and TC's are only being promoted because they have been there 9 years and have NO CONCEPT of truly good management skills. Stop treating educated and intelligent people as if they are call center minions. Promote based on knowledge and skills not off of the fact they have managed to hang on. Don't allow teams to place a hiring freeze on their staff in order to prevent people from transferring to different teams. Train your managers on true management styles not just the old fashioned style of authority.

A relaxed but high volume enviroment

Current Employee - Benefits Verification Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Benefits Verification Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lash Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I like working her because the training and work is straight forward and easy

Cons

Can be a tad bit boring

Everyone in management is cool easy going.

LASH

I have been working at Lash Group

Pros

Learn a lot about insurance.

Cons

Over worked and underpaid. Temp for ever and the turnover rate is high with a low employee moral.

Worked for Lash Group? Contribute to the Community!