Lasik MD

www.lasikmd.com

Lasik MD Reviews

4.3

Dr. Mark Cohen & Dr. Avi Wallerstein

Good company but needed better pay.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lasik MD full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and decent pay

Cons

Long hours and very long days

Be prepared to work long hours

Fun, young, and dynamic

Former Employee - PCC Representatitive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - PCC Representatitive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Lasik MD part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun people to work with. Very friendly

Cons

Poorly managed, low pay, does not have a cohesive relationship in between departments

Great environment, no stress, good pay!

Former Employee - Patient Care in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Patient Care in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Lasik MD part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Great bonus incentives
    Flexible work hours
    Paid time off, when needed for sick days.
    Great looking office, and new technology for computers.
    Free Coffee!

Cons

No growing up in the company.

Good company to start your career at but don't expect a high salary. Company does not appreciate their staff.

I have been working at Lasik MD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good working environment and nice co-workers.

Cons

If you are hired on as a receptionist, clinical assistant or clinical counselor, be prepared to work in all 3 roles without any compensation. Cross-trains staff to make you more "valuable" but in reality, they are making you do a 3 person job for the salary of 1.

Keep your great employees satisfied and don't be so cheap.

Wasn't my best experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Lasik MD full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free eye surgery, great learning opportunity! Great atmosphere and colleagues are fun to work with! They make all the new employees watch a laser eye surgery which was pretty neat.

Cons

Long hours, Unclear how promotions are given, salary isn't the best in the industry. Other than the free eye surgery, the benefits are below industry standard

Great place to work

Current Employee - Surgical Counselor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Surgical Counselor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Lasik MD part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team work atmospher is like no other I have encountered.
    Its a place where people come in to get help, and they leave happily informed.

Cons

I enjoyed every minute of working for this company.

Keep up the good work, Center director's like Linda Lui are hard to find. She is a gem!

Great start for your career

I have been working at Lasik MD

Pros

Fun working environment and young co-workers

Cons

Pay is not the greatest

I am honored to be part of a team working for such a great company like Lasik-MD.

Current Employee - Receptionist in Brossard, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Brossard, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Lasik MD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Lasik-MD is an experience in itself: you get the chance to work in a medical environment (eyes surgery), meet pleasant patients and evolve with a wonderful team of ocular professionals. Despite the fact that my program of study is not related to this field, I do believe that every part of me is well brought to light by each task I accomplish in the company, including welcoming patients, the superior quality of customer service, the promotion of incredible (but affordable) surgery procedures and technological benefits, among others.The working environment is professional and the tasks are diversified. The management team knew, as soon as I was hired, that I was the type of person who likes to continually learn and helps her co-workers. Not too long after I joined the company, I was offered to work at a second position, and recently at a third one. This way, I can work my best in various departments or clinics, while remaining available to help others, if need be.

Cons

I have never worked for such a big company before (Lasik-MD now possesses 33 clinics in Canada & USA), so I understand how difficult it is to maintain the good, uniformed functioning of each clinic. Still, communication between departments and clinics is often complex: when new protocols are put in place, employees are not always aware of the changes right away. Also, if new forms or information sheets have to be used, replacement of the oldest version does not come immediately. For those reasons, I sometimes feel that it is difficult to adjust myself to the rigidity of administrative rules. Thankfully, we occasionally receive visits or emails from a representative of the main office who asks us, clinic employees, how they can help us with the reality of our clinics’ issues, and how we can together find ways to become more efficient. Even in smaller companies, this feedback is not often encouraged, but I believe it is a necessity, so we can all strive to better appreciate our job.

Because I work in different departments at the same time, I depend on different managers. I must say that I find them very encouraging toward our success (individually and as a team) by offering good coaching, so we can improve our performance. Personally, I think it has a positive impact on how much someone likes coming to work every day. Also, their positive reinforcement (by sending “Thank you!” and “Nice job!” emails, by bestowing on us certificates that congratulate our personal qualities, etc.) strengthens my own involvement toward Lasik-MD.

The magical world of laser eye surgery

I have been working at Lasik MD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The first thing I like about my job is mornings after a surgery day, when patients come back for their 24hrs follow up. They are so happy to see 20/20. It is great to be able to witness all this joy. I feel I am important as a person within the big family of lasik MD, they care about our opinion, about the implementation of new protocols, about how it is going in the clinic. It's good to be in a company who cares about being the best in the world, and takes actions to achieve that goal.

Cons

The surgery schedules change from week to week, so it can be difficult to manage you time especially with children.

I have difficulty to find an advice to management because I think that compared to all of the places that I have worked and with all the protocols at Lasik MD, I feel that we are well guided and we know exactly what they expect from us.

Fun, friends and lasers!

Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Lasik MD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Since day 1, I have loved to work at Lasik MD. I have learned so many things and I keep on learning day after day, but no only about laser eye surgery, about myself too. The work environment is great, my co-workers are amazing people and there is always a positive vibe in the air. The managers are great when you need help or even just for a little talk on a bad day. The bonus system and the contests that are in place are really good to keep everyone motivated. Plus, there are lots of career opportunities so when you love new challenges, you can easily get a new position in another department and have even more fun!

Cons

Sometimes, some people get their lunch stolen or some things are missing at their desk when they come back from a break, a long weekend or vacation. Also, some co-workers don't always provide the right information, which makes it hard to deal with those unhappy patients when they call us back. The computers and programs that we use can sometimes be really slow, which makes it harder to quickly access the information that we need. But these are all situations that could happen anywhere, so it's easier to understand.

To avoid any "wrong information" situation, just make sure that everybody knows what really IS the right information. Other than that, just keep up the good work and continue all to be the wonderful people I love to work and have fun with!