Lasik MD

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dr. Mark Cohen & Dr. Avi Wallerstein

Good company but needed better pay.

Regional Manager (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexible schedule and decent pay

ConsLong hours and very long days

Advice to Senior ManagementBe prepared to work long hours

Fun, young, and dynamic

PCC Representatitive (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFun people to work with. Very friendly

ConsPoorly managed, low pay, does not have a cohesive relationship in between departments

Great environment, no stress, good pay!

Patient Care (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat people to work with
    Great bonus incentives
    Flexible work hours
    Paid time off, when needed for sick days.
    Great looking office, and new technology for computers.
    Free Coffee!

ConsNo growing up in the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to start your career at but don't expect a high salary. Company does not appreciate their staff.

ProsGood working environment and nice co-workers.

ConsIf you are hired on as a receptionist, clinical assistant or clinical counselor, be prepared to work in all 3 roles without any compensation. Cross-trains staff to make you more "valuable" but in reality, they are making you do a 3 person job for the salary of 1.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your great employees satisfied and don't be so cheap.

Wasn't my best experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFree eye surgery, great learning opportunity! Great atmosphere and colleagues are fun to work with! They make all the new employees watch a laser eye surgery which was pretty neat.

ConsLong hours, Unclear how promotions are given, salary isn't the best in the industry. Other than the free eye surgery, the benefits are below industry standard

Great place to work

Surgical Counselor (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThe team work atmospher is like no other I have encountered.
    Its a place where people come in to get help, and they leave happily informed.

ConsI enjoyed every minute of working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, Center director's like Linda Lui are hard to find. She is a gem!

Great start for your career

ProsFun working environment and young co-workers

ConsPay is not the greatest

I am honored to be part of a team working for such a great company like Lasik-MD.

Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Brossard, QC (Canada)

ProsWorking at Lasik-MD is an experience in itself: you get the chance to work in a medical environment (eyes surgery), meet pleasant patients and evolve with a wonderful team of ocular professionals. Despite the fact that my program of study is not related to this field, I do believe that every part of me is well brought to light by each task I accomplish in the company, including welcoming patients, the superior quality of customer service, the promotion of incredible (but affordable) surgery procedures and technological benefits, among others.The working environment is professional and the tasks are diversified. The management team knew, as soon as I was hired, that I was the type of person who likes to continually learn and helps her co-workers. Not too long after I joined the company, I was offered to work at a second position, and recently at a third one. This way, I can work my best in various departments or clinics, while remaining available to help others, if need be.

ConsI have never worked for such a big company before (Lasik-MD now possesses 33 clinics in Canada & USA), so I understand how difficult it is to maintain the good, uniformed functioning of each clinic. Still, communication between departments and clinics is often complex: when new protocols are put in place, employees are not always aware of the changes right away. Also, if new forms or information sheets have to be used, replacement of the oldest version does not come immediately. For those reasons, I sometimes feel that it is difficult to adjust myself to the rigidity of administrative rules. Thankfully, we occasionally receive visits or emails from a representative of the main office who asks us, clinic employees, how they can help us with the reality of our clinics’ issues, and how we can together find ways to become more efficient. Even in smaller companies, this feedback is not often encouraged, but I believe it is a necessity, so we can all strive to better appreciate our job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause I work in different departments at the same time, I depend on different managers. I must say that I find them very encouraging toward our success (individually and as a team) by offering good coaching, so we can improve our performance. Personally, I think it has a positive impact on how much someone likes coming to work every day. Also, their positive reinforcement (by sending “Thank you!” and “Nice job!” emails, by bestowing on us certificates that congratulate our personal qualities, etc.) strengthens my own involvement toward Lasik-MD.

Fun, friends and lasers!

Patient Care Representative (Current Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsSince day 1, I have loved to work at Lasik MD. I have learned so many things and I keep on learning day after day, but no only about laser eye surgery, about myself too. The work environment is great, my co-workers are amazing people and there is always a positive vibe in the air. The managers are great when you need help or even just for a little talk on a bad day. The bonus system and the contests that are in place are really good to keep everyone motivated. Plus, there are lots of career opportunities so when you love new challenges, you can easily get a new position in another department and have even more fun!

ConsSometimes, some people get their lunch stolen or some things are missing at their desk when they come back from a break, a long weekend or vacation. Also, some co-workers don't always provide the right information, which makes it hard to deal with those unhappy patients when they call us back. The computers and programs that we use can sometimes be really slow, which makes it harder to quickly access the information that we need. But these are all situations that could happen anywhere, so it's easier to understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo avoid any "wrong information" situation, just make sure that everybody knows what really IS the right information. Other than that, just keep up the good work and continue all to be the wonderful people I love to work and have fun with!

very good place to work as an ophthalmic technician

Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee)
    Laval, QC (Canada)

ProsWorking as an ophtalmic technician at LASIK MD is very gratifying. I really feel that my efforts to provide excellent service to patients are appreciated and make a difference. I receive positive feedback for my good work on a regular basis and I am given opportunities to do more. Also, patients often express how happy they are with the results of their laser vision correction. Hearing their feedback makes my days brighter. Tasks and protocols are very clear and I have all the necessary tools to do my job well. My work environment is very functional, with equipment that is in good condition and inspected on a regular basis. I am often asked if I need anything else in order to do my job well.

My Centre Director is very open to comments and she is understanding. When difficulties emerge she is very constructive and proactive. My workload based on number of employees and the alloted time is reasonable. Efficiency and speed are strongly encouraged but never to the detriment of patient services. The company is constantly looking to improve by reviewing its practices and not being afraid to face changes and challenges.

The atmosphere with my coworkers is very pleasant, courteous and professional. We have a strong team spirit and everyone helps each other out, whether it be with day-to-day tasks, sharing knowledge, or when someone is simply not feeling well. The staff turnover is reasonable and many of my coworkers have been with the company for many years. There are a lot of experts on our team, we work together to help new employees with their training but also to make sure they feel like they're part of the team.

Compared to other employers in my field, I think I make an excellent salary and I have good employee benefits.

ConsWorking with patients can be a little unpredictable by nature. Sometimes I have to make other patients wait, or I have to stay at the clinic later for a patient that requires more time because they have more questions or a more complex case. Constant protocol changes also make it harder to stay up-to-date.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees, they know.

Worked for Lasik MD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lasik MD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lasik MD CEO Dr. Mark Cohen & Dr. Avi Wallerstein. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Lasik MD employees.