LatinWorks Reviews

13 reviews filtered by
3.6
LatinWorks CEO Manny Flores
Manny Flores

1. It was a fun and fast paced place to work at. I was there for a full year as an Account Management Intern.

Former Employee - Account Management Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Management Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks

Pros

Great culture and feeling. They have a lot of good accounts and opportunities.

Cons

Once an intern always an intern. There are some groups that are cliquish.

The fun activities are great and all but you need to recognize your key employees a little more.

2. Avoid

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office, great location, annual bonuses, Taco Friday, smart / fun people

Cons

Management lacks agency background/experience, rampant firings, layoffs & resignations, no work/life balance, gossip, mean girl mentality. No matter how hard you work or how well you're respected by your peers, you can be fired or laid off without warning or reason.

Would benefit from looking to other agencies and agency leaders for agency-specific management, culture development, etc.

3. A wonderful opportunity for learning and growth

Current Employee - Media in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Media in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee of LatinWorks for over a year and a half now and couldn't be more thankful to work with such a great, talented group of people. The culture is everything here at LatinWorks. Everyone is passionate about what they are doing and it shows in the work that is produced. I am proud to be a LatinWorker. One of the best parts of working at LatinWorks is the ongoing opportunity for growth. Aside from my daily responsibilities, I have always had the opportunity to work outside my discipline helping to improve my personal as well as professional worth. In my five years in the industry, LatinWorks has contributed a great deal to my professional growth. I think it is a great career opportunity no matter what level you're at in your career. I also really appreciate that the leadership team seems to take the time to make sure that all employees are heard and from my perspective, are always working hard to make improvements for the people of LatinWorks.

Cons

While I have had the opportunity to learn a lot from the amazing people around me, it would be wonderful if there would be more opportunities for departmental training. I think that there is always room for improvement and we could all benefit from having additional training, that is sourced from outside the company.

Great place with exceptional people!

Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is the absolute best part of LatinWorks. Great people make great teams and the passion for the work is evident in everything we do. Fun, laid back environment. Really great accounts to work on. Management's vision is instilled in everything we do.

Cons

Overall everyone here works hard. If you are looking for a place where you can just kick back and fly under the radar - this isn't the place for you. It definitely has a "work hard play hard" mentality and everyone pulls their weight.

6. Great culture, good people & hard work.

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

LatinWorks has done a great job of instilling a unique company culture. Once a week for about 15 - 30 minutes every employee gathers for agency updates/announcements and a casual discussion over breakfast. In addition, the people who you work with each day truly do live the vision of the company and continue challenging themselves to create better work. Each discipline is integrated and is not discipline centric which is extremely helpful when working toward the same goal.

Cons

At time the work-life balance can be challenging but the reward in the end truly does give you & your team a sense of satisfaction when you exceed expectations of the client.

Continue to lead the agency and nurture each relationship with every client, keeping our agency vision in mind.

Like a Monet - looks great from the outside, pretty terrible once you work there.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Still thinking about it...Taco Friday?

Cons

Lack of communication from leadership team; no transparency; bad people management.

They claim to have a vision but they don't live up to it - and it's aslo a vision they have difficulty explaining; clearly not a good one.
    They take advantage of employees. No life and work balance at all. And any type of reward or promotion is based on popularity contest.
    Would not recommend it to anyone unless they get rid of all the leadership team.

8. Creative Internship a great first experience

Former Intern - Creative Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Intern - Creative Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Creative team values input. Interns get to work for the clients on current pitches and daily social media maintenance. Real work experience.

Cons

Limited hours of pay for each internship, but expected to work "overtime". Some office politics made interacting with different departments awkward and even uncomfortable since the interns are caught in the middle.

Although it was a great experience brainstorming with other interns, I feel the internship would have been more beneficial if the interns were also integrated into other team brainstorms, to see different creatives' processes

worked there a few years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time

Pros

creative atmosphere, freedom to do interesting stuff and manage your own schedule, cool offices, and it's awesome to be in Austin.

Cons

weak senior leadership, unreasonable demands, lack of direction and lack of commitment to evolve / improve the company's offering. junior and mid-level staff gets great experience but it's difficult to grow long-term.

great company mission, but poorly executed - need to communicate better with employees, people are confused as to what they're supposed to accomplish as a team.

10. Great. Agency truly cares about people and culture and growing you in your career

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work and life balance. The agency tries very hard to make you feel valued as an employee, but they also challenge you to take your ideas to the next step, and think beyond just the "what".

Cons

Management can be a little stagnant, and the agency has deep Hispanic roots so the teams can be very emotional. But overall, great place to work.

Keep on the goals you've set for the agency, and you will go very far!

A Rollercoaster

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time

Pros

Environment is fun and laid back, creative and cultural. Business casual dress code.
    Some really talented or hardworking employees
    Yearly bonus based on job performance
    Little supervision (at least in my dept.) as long as you get the job done

Cons

Lack of structure in the internal production process as a whole
    Little communication between departments
    Little or none on-boarding or training
    Absolutely no work/life balance
    Low compensation
    Lots of people have been let go in the past several months
    Little room for advancement (at least in my dept.)
    Can be difficult to get a raise
    Politics, politics, politics

Structure the agency in a way that every department collaborates with one another more effectively. Many of you need to get of your high horse and others need to assume some accountability and responsibility. Set the example by showing more respect and appreciation for your hardworking employees. Fire people based only on real, problematic issues (and not because you dislike them even though they are actually great assets).